- Iron Maiden, Halestorm, Rage
- Miho: Pantera, Mötley Crüe, Anthrax, Steve Harris, Nikki Sixx
- Haruna: Helloween, Uli Kusch
- Midori: Kiko Loureiro, Nuno Bettencourt, Yngwie Malmsteen
- Miyako: Deep Purple, Rainbow, Ritchie Blackmore
- Asami: Alicia Keys, Aretha Franklin
- Destrose, Light Bringer, A Drop of Joker
Lovebites (stylized as LOVEBITES) is a Japanese all-female heavy metal band (Power Metal, with elements from Thrash Metal and the New Wave of British Heavy Metal), formed in 2016 by former Destrose members Miho and Haruna. Its lineup consists of Miho on bass, Haruna on drums, Midori and Miyako on guitar (with Miyako occasionally using piano/keyboard instead), and Asami on vocals. After signing to Victor Entertainment, the group released both their debut EP and their first album, The Lovebites EP and Awakening from Abyss, in 2017 before performing their first overseas concerts at the end of the year. With another EP and album released in 2018, Battle Against Damnation and Clockwork Immortality, Lovebites quickly garnered international attention and won that year's Metal Hammer Golden Gods Award for Best New Band. They released their third album, Electric Pentagram, in 2020, and it reached number 9 on the Oricon chart, becoming their highest-charting to date.
In 2021, Lovebites wrote the song "Winds of Transylvania" to be used as the opening theme of the anime series Vlad Love and were named an official ambassador for the series. They released their third EP, Glory, Glory, to the World, which they recorded during the COVID-19 Pandemic, on March 10, 2021. The sold out national Ride for Vengeance Tour was originally set to take place between January 24 and March 5, but was rescheduled to between March 12 and April 6 following the Japanese government's declaration of a second state of emergency due to the pandemic and its extension.
- The Lovebites EP (EP, 2017)
- Awakening From Abyss (2017)
- Battle Against Damnation (EP, 2018)
- Clockwork Immortality (2018)
- Daughters of the Dawn - Live in Tokyo (Live album, 2019)
- Electric Pentagram (2020)
- Five of a Kind - Live in Tokyo 2020 (Live album, 2020)
- Glory, Glory, to the World (EP, 2021)
Lovebites provides examples of:
- Amazon Brigade: They appear as onna bugeisha (feudal Japanese warrior women) in the music video for "When Destinies Align".
- Animal Motifs: A wolf usually apprears on covers for the band's music.
- Color-Coded Characters: The band as a whole usually wear white, to contrast with the stereotypical black of the metal genre.
- Friendly Fandoms: With Halestorm, since their name comes from a Halestorm song. They opened for Halestorm on their 2019 tour of Japan.
- Gratuitous English: Despite all members being native Japanese speakers, all of their songs are in English, with the exception of "Bravehearted", which was written before the band was formed.
- Hope Springs Eternal: Many of their songs feature themes of finding hope in the face of despair.
- Metal Band Mascot: The wolf that appears on all their album covers.
- Mohs Scale of Rock and Metal Hardness: Usually around 7. Some of their more Thrash Metal-influenced songs ("Raise Some Hell", "Break The Wall", "Scream For Me", "M.D.O.") may go to an 8, while their ballads can drop considerably lower (and it isn't unknown for Miyako to perform a piano sonata as a Breather piece).
- The band's name comes from "Love Bites (and so do I)" by Halestorm, which they performed at a rehearsal and felt fit well with Asami's voice.
- The melody for "The Crusade" is based on "Aces High" by Iron Maiden.
- "Don't Bite the Dust" is influenced by and named after a stand from Jo Jos Bizarre Adventure Diamond Is Unbreakable (which itself is named after "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen)