Tropes about human and animal skeletons, and the bones that make them up. Subtrope of Dead Body Index.
- Bad with the Bone: Bones are used as a weapon.
- Ballistic Bone: Bones are used as a projectile weapon.
- Calacas: Skeletons representing the dead in Mexican culture.
- Crystal Skull: A supernatural skull made out of a gem or valuable metal.
- Dem Bones: Skeletons that move on their own.
- Skeletal Musician: An animated skeleton that's also a musician.
- Desert Skull: The stock "animal skull in the desert".
- Dinosaur Doggie Bone: Dogs love fossilized dinosaur bones as much as regular bones.
- Elephants' Graveyard: A place that large animals naturally go to when they die, often containing their skeletons.
- Expressive Skull: Skulls that can perform facial movements as if they had flesh and muscle.
- Flaming Skulls: Skulls on fire.
- Nothing but Skin and Bones: A character's so thin that you can actually see their bones under their flesh.
- Nothing but Skulls: Skulls are the only bone present.
- Ribcage Ridge: The skeleton of a gigantic creature is shown to distance the work's location/time from familiarity.
- Ribcage Stomach: The ribcage is visible in the stomach.
- SkeleBot 9000: Robots that resemble skeletons.
- Skeleton Crew: The crew of a craft is made up of skeletons.
- Skeleton Motif: Skeletons/skulls resemble death, danger, etc.
- Skeletons in the Coat Closet: Bones used as clothing or armor.
- Skull Cups: Skulls used as drinking cups.
- Skull for a Head: A creature that isn't a skeleton has a skull for a head.
- Stock Femur Bone: When non-skull bones are automatically femur bones.
- Stripped to the Bone: Only the skeleton is left behind.
- This Way to Certain Death: The, usually skeletal, remains of those who traveled the route beforehand tell of danger.
- Unbreakable Bones: A character's bones can't be destroyed.
- Waiting Skeleton: A character waits so long that they've been reduced to a skeleton.
- Xylophones for Walking Bones: Xylophones being involved with skeletons.
Thank Mr Skeltal for this index.