Examples with their own pages:
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
- Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
- Godzilla vs. Hedorah
- Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1977) comics by Marvel
- Godzilla (1998)
- Godzilla, Mothra, King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack!
- Godzilla: Final Wars
- Godzilla (2014)
- Shin Godzilla
- Mr. Tako resting his arm on the TNT plunger.
- The first turning point in the end clash, which is Kong making a dash at Godzilla... only for him to step aside, causing Kong to slam his face into a rock, then pass out. By this time, the creators were aware of the inherited goofiness of kaiju movies, so they intentionally hammed this film up. The fact that the suits never stop looking like suits then adds an unintentional layer of hilarity to the scene.
- The Signature Scene of Kong ramming a tree down Godzilla's throat, causing the King of the Monsters to choke and spew out his atomic breath in rage. It almost looks like Kong is trying to make Godzilla eat his veggies with Godzilla acting like a bratty child. It's so iconic that it was reenacted in Godzilla vs. Kong almost 60 years later.
- Nakamura (Yu Fujiki) has a funny line:."Well I'm not as afraid of Godzilla, as I am of the editor. He's meaner."
- Godzilla in this movie is meaner, volatile, and...kind of a klutz. At one point he crushes a building not by charging at it, because he was walking on the embankment next to it, his foot slipped, and he fell on it.
- After driving away King Ghidorah, Godzilla does a victory dance. It's a happy moment.
- After recovering from being Mind Controlled, Godzilla kicks a rock at King Ghidorah, and smacks Rodan with his tail.
- Earlier in the film there's a nice Deadpan Snarker moment courtesy of the Controller of Planet X:Glenn: "Can't you drive [King Ghidorah] away?"Controller: "If you have an idea how to do it, won't you tell us?"
- When Minilla first learned the atomic breath, and then tried to use the ability against the bad guys.
- Minya in general tends to be this; if he's not failing at being like Godzilla, he's usually either fleeing from a fight or luring the latest Minya-hating kaiju into a trap. And making donkey sounds all the while, no less.
- Megalon and Gigan are rather expressive in this movie. At one point, when they have Godzilla and Jet Jaguar trapped in a circle of fire, Megalon actually makes a "kiss my ass" gesture. Then when Jet Jaguar flies himself and Godzilla out of there, they're visibly surprised, culminating in Megalon's expression being like, "seriously?!"
- Godzilla's "flying dropkick" must be seen to be appreciated.
- During the climactic final battle between Godzilla, Mechagodzilla and King Caesar, Godzilla attempts to fire a blast of his atomic breath at Mechagodzilla, only for him to rapidly leap out of the way, with Godzilla blasting King Caesar instead. That alone would be funny enough, except it's followed up immediately with Godzilla making an exaggerated 'dang it!' motion with his arm!
Heisei EraGodzilla vs. Biollante
- A bio-terrorist smacks someone wearing a construction worker hat in the head with what looks like a yellow board. It knocks the man out, with a cheesy, cartoonish BOING! to complete it.
- This exchange near the end:Miki: "I was worried!"Koji: "About Godzilla?"Miki: "...And about you."
- Destoroyah's realization that Godzilla (or his detonation) were likely going to slaughter him due to the intense heat; he actively tries to flee from the biggest threat; but is shot down by freeze rays and frozen, then shattering upon impact with the solid ground.
- If he survived, which is possible, (he is composed of micro organisms) he would be lying frozen and still have been killed by the meltdown.
Millenium EraGodzilla vs. Megaguirus
- Godzilla's flying bodyslam is up there alongside the aforementioned flying dropkick as a ridiculous move.
- From the same movie, Megaguirus tries to perform a Diagonal Cut on Godzilla with her pincers, that Godzilla seems to dodge...then one of Megaguirus's pincers slide off, revealing that Godzilla performed a counter-Diagonal Cut with his dorsal spikes. doubles as Moment of Awesome.
Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla
- Tokumitsu Yuhara initially turns down an offer to take part in the Kiryu Project since it would separate him from his daughter Sara. Sara herself encourages her father to accept by saying she could come with him, citing the example of a baseball player who let his kid into the dugout. Tokumitsu just rolls his eyes and says those are two completely different things. Cue the government agents showing up at Tokumitsu's door to offer him again, saying that Sara can come with him. As a precedent, they cite the example of a baseball player who let his kid into the dugout.
Dark Horse Comics one-shot Godzilla Color Special
- When G-Force is trying to get a town of villagers to safety Kino asks why they've stopped... and then sees the reason.Kino: There are times when I hate this job.Reiko: Less talking more running.
The IDW comics:Godzilla Ongoing
- When Kiryu is running low on power, Hikari sarcastically remarks "What, are you just going to pull up to a power plant and ask them to fill 'er up?" Minutes later...Boxer: (in front of a power plant) "It's a global emergency, fill 'er up!"
- Kiryu giving Kumonga a piggyback ride to New York City.
- How does Zilla get its name in this continuity? Steven Woods asks for its name, only to be told through his static-y radio, "<skrt>zilla, sir. Sighting <skrt>zilla!" Woods assumes they're calling it Zilla. It's only a few moments later that he realizes they were trying to warn him that Godzilla was approaching…Woods: "Scratch that last order. We need heavy weapons… and we needed them yesterday."
- In the subsequent battle, this is followed by Zilla getting the hell out of Dodge when Godzilla gets distracted by the military.
- Issue 4 of "Rulers of Earth": after Godzilla, Mothra, and her twin larvae send Destoroyah packing, Godzilla turns to leave while one larva goes to Mothra to help her. The other larva tries to bite the tip of Godzilla's tail, but he gives it a sidelong Death Glare and the larva sheepishly backs away with a guilty expression.
- Issue 17: After defeating an army of Mechagodzillas and Mecha-King Ghidorah, Godzilla and Anguirus both swim away together. Before doing so though, a physically exhausted Godzilla tries to take a quick breather, only for Anguirus to retort with an unimpressed snort by Godzilla's fatigue.
Godzilla: The Half-Century War
- When the Anti-Megalosaur Force realizes they've got a human foe:Ota: ...Did anyone bring... a gun?Col. Schooler: Sometimes I wonder about this crack team that I have assembled.
- There's another realistic outcome later when Ken chews out Ota for smoking near him when he's trying to quit, which results in this gem:"...Ken, we chase a giant, radioactive dinosaur for a living and you're worried about getting cancer from a cigarette.
- There's another realistic outcome later when Ken chews out Ota for smoking near him when he's trying to quit, which results in this gem:
- Also from Half-Century War, the Mothra van. Just the Mothra van.