Not so fast. Turns out the King Of The Monsters has a softer side. These are the moments where the Japanese Kaiju makes you want to go "awwww".
Godzilla media with their own pages:
- Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster
- Godzilla vs. Gigan
- Terror of Mechagodzilla
- The Godzilla Power Hour
- Godzilla: The Series
- Godzilla: Final Wars
- Godzilla (2014)
- Shin Godzilla
- Godzilla: Planet of the Monsters and its sequels
- The ending of Son of Godzilla in which Godzilla lovingly embraces his son and keeps him warm as the island freezes over. It's the first time Godzilla shows any sort of compassion towards anyone.
- It's not much, but Jet Jaguar shakes Godzilla's hand in absolute gratitude when he first saves him and then does it again once the battle is over and Godzilla prepares to leave.
- Made better by the fact that Jet Jaguar's a frickin' awesome robot, and robots aren't particularly known for having emotions. Somewhere along the way, when he gained sentience, Jet Jaguar learned how to express gratitude.
Heisei Era and Rebirth of Mothra Trilogy:
- In Godzilla vs. Biollante Asuka goes to comfort Kazuhito after Agent SSS 9 is killed by giving him a hankerchief and complimenting him."You were like Batman." (Japanese version.)"Great job, Superman.''" (U.S. dub.)
- Godzilla vs. Destoroyah:
- Godzilla's reunion with Junior. Even if it does turn into a Tear Jerker at the end. Just seeing them together again is rather uplifting.
- Godzilla Junior reviving at the end. Our little prince is all grown up. Even better is that, due to his upbringing, he'll most likely be a Gentle Giant who defends mankind against external threats.
- In Rebirth of Mothra 3, the mortally wounded Rainbow Mothra is rescued by two prehistoric Mothra larvaes. Despite being from different ends of the evolution scale the two babies aid their descendant. Whether it was a burial or intended to give Mothra an upgrade the two babies' actions helped save the future. Also the end where all the parents are reunited with their missing children is actually pretty heart warming.
- In the middle of the climatic battle of GMK Yuri makes a plee for people to support the last standing monster, King Ghidorah, against the vicious Godzilla and for all the soldiers that had and were ready to give their lives. Important since the reception to the Guardian Monsters were a bit mixed and the message of the film is to never forget your veterans, or they possess the corpse of a super dinosaur mutation but still don't forget your veterans.
- Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla: Despite Akane having put up personal walls around her, being the black sheep of the AMF, and being the only woman everyone sticks up for her after her teammate begins berating her in the open.
- Towards the end of Tokyo SOS, Kiryu (the original Godzilla's skeleton outfitted with mechanical parts) refuses the order to kill Godzilla. Rather than destroy his "son", he lovingly picks him up and flies him out to sea where they both rest, presumably until mankind breaks the keys off in the lock of science again. Though, he has time to leave one final message to one of the pilots-Kiryu: Goodbye, Yoshido.
- Say what you want about Minya, but when he steps between Godzilla and the humans at the end of Final Wars and manages to convince Godzilla to finally let go of his anger toward humanity... ::sniff::
- Also from Final Wars, once Godzilla's beaten King Ceasar, Rodan, and Anguirus. He could have killed the three where they fell but didn't.
- A bit of a darkly example, but in the 2014 Godzilla film, the reunion on both Male and Female MUTOs after being apart for millions of years is certainly touching.
- Through out the 2014 movie, there are scenes of family caring for one another and for strangers, Ford Brody for his wife and son, Joe Brody for his own wife and Ford, the Japanese tourists for their son and Ford keeping an eye on him. Then the Muto have their own for their own lost children once Ford, understandably, destroys their nest and the Muto are both distressed over the loss of their eggs.
Non-Film and Meta:
- The Anguirus Song.
- The ending of the book, Who's Afraid of Godzilla?
- This PSA made using clips of Godzilla and Minilla. Even Kaiju can be good fathers, too.
- In an issue of Godzilla: Rulers of Earth, Godzilla is pitted against Destoyoah, when Mothra shows up! For the most part, Big G and Mothra work pretty well together. When Mothra was kicked around, Godzilla always seemed to look angrier. When the fight was over, Mothra was hurt to the point where her sisters had to carry her. Before leaving, Godzilla roars to her, as if to say Thank You.
- A meta example: the reason we are getting a new Toho-produced Godzilla film is because of the box-office success of the 2014 film and the revival of the fanbase.