It's his addiction to keep you face to face
Leatherface, released in 1990, continues the massacres in Texas.
Ryan and Michelle are on route to California to deliver a car to their father. Things get worse when they encounter Leatherface and his extended family as they drive through Texas.
This film has the examples of:
- Berserk Button: Tex hates being called by his real name - Eddie.
- Call-Back: Leatherface's new chainsaw is inscribed with the text "The Saw Is Family", a line from the second film.
- The Cameo: Caroline Williams, who played the main character in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, appears briefly as a reporter. Director Jeff Burr states in the DVD commentary that she and Stretch from TCM 2 are one and the same.
- Chainsaw Good: Leatherface as per usual, but it becomes Chainsaw Great when Tex and Tech gift him a golden chainsaw with "The Saw Is Family" inscribed on it's lenghty bar.
- Comicbook Adaptation: A four-issue adaptation was published by Arpad, which featured some of the elements left out from the movie, like a pool of rotting corpses and Benny's Death.
- Creepy Child: Little Girl, one of Leatherface's relatives. Possibly even daughter.
- Ear Ache: During Benny unloading his assault rifle into the Sawyer home, Tech not only has his fingers blasted off but one of his ears as well.
- Evil Cripple: Mama is wheelchair-bound and uses an electronic voice box.
- Fearsome Foot: All that can be seen of Leatherface during the earlier stalking scenes are glimpses of his leg brace.
- Final Girl: Michelle, though Benny also survives.
- Fingore: Tech has several of his fingers shot off by a burst of machine gun fire.
- Focus Group Ending: Benny improbably survives having his head shoved into Leatherface's chainsaw thanks to this.
- Foregone Conclusion: The opening crawl says that the family will die, sans Leatherface himself, who is executed via electric chair years later.
- Hook Hand: Tech has one.
- Killed Offscreen: In the opening crawl, Leatherface himself is mentioned as having been executed in the gas chamber several years after the events of the film.
- Man on Fire: Tex ends up in flames.
- Sequel: The Original Title: Leatherface's name gets to be the main title since he is the most well known villain in the movie series.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: Sally Hardesty is mentioned as having died in the intro of the film.
- Swamps Are Evil: Alfredo's job is to dump bodies in the swamp.
- Unexplained Recovery: Benny recovers from having his head shoved into a chainsaw with what amounts to a papercut on his head.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: No mention is made of the Cook from the original film, but the opening crawl says that the family was wiped out, so it can be presumed he died offscreen sometime before the film. The fate of Leatherface's daughter is also unrevealed. She's still alive at the end of the film, so it's possible that she was taken into care when her father was arrested, or else escaped (and, being The Spook, remained unknown to the record) to continue on her family's legacy).