A Slasher Movie from 1982, also known as House of Death.
Small-town drama is punctuated by a killer with a machete, who attacks anyone who dares to be promiscuous.
This film has the examples of:
- An Arm and a Leg: After falling into an open grave, one guy gets his hands chopped off when he tries to climb back up.
- Auto Erotica: Make that Bike Erotica. The two first victims are a couple having sex on top of a motorcycle that's under a rail track bridge. They are garroted as a train passes over them, and their bodies fall into the water.
- Beautiful All Along: Lily goes through this when she attends the bonfire hoping to meet up with Neil. The other men in the group couldn't help but notice her transformation, to the chagrin of their dates.
- Behind the Black: Lily is caught off guard when a train suddenly passes her by, scaring her. It makes no sound (and is apparently invisible) until it appears on camera.
- Big Bad: Coach is the killer.
- Camping a Crapper: Comic relief Diddler is killed offscreen after she goes to the shithouse near the abandoned house where the cast takes refuge from the rain. His corpse is found hanging on the ceiling when the rest of the cast comes looking for him.
- Chase Scene: One girl's relaxing moment at the drinking fountain near the carnival is interrupted by an arrow to the neck, and she has to run for her life.
- Creepy Cemetery: The cast at the bonfire party decide to head to the local graveyard to tell scary stories to each other.
- Death by Childbirth: Lily's mother died giving birth to her, and she was raised by her grandmother.
- Destination Defenestration: The killer meets his demise by getting his throat cut with glass shard, falling through a window and getting his head shot to pieces by Sheriff Avery.
- Eat the Evidence: Sheriff Avery runs into a bunch of youths smoking dope, and one of them eats the stuff so they won't get busted.
- Fauxshadow: A bit of time is spent establishing manchild Casey as a possible killer, but once he runs away from home, he doesn't show up again. More than likely, he was killed in Coach's garage and discovered by the Sherriff.
- Final Girl: Lily and Kathy both share qualities, but it's Lily who takes down the killer at the end.
- Gory Deadly Overkill Title of Fatal Death
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Ramona partially falls through the stairs to the second floor of the abandoned house, and is cut in half by the killer who somehow managed to get inside the room within the stairs without anyone noticing.
- Night Swim Equals Death: Sandy at the bonfire party decides to go swimming in nude. She's interrupted by the floating corpses of the two lovers from the opening, followed by the killer slashing her throat.
- Off with His Head!: Walker is found sitting still in his car, and his head drops off when his girlfriend grabs him. Later, she is found decapitated next to him.
- Peek-a-Boo Corpse: Sheriff Avery notices blood on the windshield of Neil's car, and gets a fright when his corpse drops from the ceiling.
- Rail Enthusiast: Agnes's simple-minded grandson Casey is shown to be excited by trains, and plays with them at home.
- The Reveal: Coach is revealed to be the killer.
- The Scourge of God: Presumably the killer's motivation.
- Shower Scene: Neil goes to shower, but is interrupted by Ramona, who tries to seduce him.
- Troubled Backstory Flashback: Killer's motivation is vaguely explained by two flashbacks to his childhood where he is shown seeing his mother getting paid for sex and accompanying her and another stripper, who might have been Lily's late mother.