A character that ends up in a body of water may not emerge alone. Often, they'll come out with animals or plants attached to them. It may be grabbing on to them, draped over them, or even in their mouth! The types of creatures vary too - they can be anything from starfish to octopuses to crabs, and even seaweed or other plants!
It's more often than not Played for Laughs.
- Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt has its protagonists fall into the ocean naked and emerge covered with starfish and molluscs. It is implied that Panty found the sensation arousing.
- The Emperor's New Groove: When Kronk accidentally pulls the trapdoor lever, Yzma falls through and lands with a splash offscreen. She then reenters the room with an alligator biting her dress. She smacks it, and it scrambles away and whimpers like a dog. The same thing happens to Kuzco when he and Pacha try to enter Yzma's lab later in the movie.
- Lilo & Stitch: Pleakley comes crawling out of the Pacific Ocean complaining about the wildlife, and also covered in it.
- Madagascar: When the animals wash up on the shores of Madagascar, Gloria comes out of the water with seaweed on her head to look like long hair, as well as two starfish and a crab stuck to her body, positioned to look like she's wearing a bikini. Provides the page image.
- The Overwatch supplemental web comic Binary starts with Bastion rising out of the sea with a starfish stuck to the side of its head, another starfish attached to its chest, and a large octopus sitting on its shoulder.
- Plants vs. Zombies: The zombies that arise from the bottom of the pool are covered in some sort of seaweed.
- MouseHunt's 2017 Halloween theme has Sickly Green Glowing Ghost Ships featuring Calamity Carl the sailor as a green-glowing-eyed ghost with a starfish stuck to his face.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: In "Return to Omashu", the purple pentapus was seen in a bucket filled with water and inside a sewer when the gang used it to enter Omashu. They are known to be clingy unless it was stroked in the head and leaves behind spots which they used to explain a fake disease, pentapox.
- On Futurama, Leela falls into a mutagenic lake. At first it appears that she has an octopus for a head, but it turns out to be a real octopus atop her head. An octopus that used to be a little girl named Virginia.
- Steven Universe: In one episode, the Crystal Gems just barely get away from a flooding underwater temple. When they get out, we see a fish in Amethyst's mouth, an octopus on Garnet's head, and seaweed on Pearl's face. A couple seconds later, Garnet points out that Pearl also has a lobster on her butt.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: In "PPOV (Pony Point of View)", the boat capsizes off-screen and Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie all come out of the ocean covered in seaweed. When Rarity cleans up later, she even finds a crab hiding in her mane. Making it especially silly, it's eventually revealed the water where they sank was only a few feet deep.