Zoë Isabella Kravitz (born December 1, 1988) is an American actress, singer, and model.
Kravitz is perhaps best known for her roles in franchise films, most notably Mad Max: Fury Road as Toast the Knowing. She also appeared in X-Men: First Class as Angel Salvadore, The Divergent Series as Christina, and Fantastic Beasts as Leta Lestrange. She also provided the voice of Catwoman in The LEGO Batman Movie and Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
In addition to acting, Kravitz is also the frontwoman of Lolawolf, who've released one studio album and two extended plays.
Her parents are musician Lenny Kravitz and actor Lisa Bonet. Both of them have Jewish and Black ancestry, thus Kravitz does also, and identifies as being a secular Jew. After their divorce, Bonet married actor Jason Momoa in 2017, making him Kravitz's stepfather. She has two younger half siblings due to their marriage.
In the past she dated American actor Penn Badgley, and later married actor Karl Glusman, but has now filed for divorce. In 2021, she and actress Taylour Paige both announced they were "a thing" on their Instagram pages. Kravitz was known to be bisexual. It is rumored that her relationship with Badgley ended as he couldn't "handle" her sexual orientation.
- The Brave One (2007) as Chloe
- Assassination of a High School President (2008) as Valerie Torres
- It's Kind of a Funny Story (2010) as Nia
- Californication (2011) as Pearl
- X-Men: First Class (2011) as Angel Salvadore
- After Earth (2013) as Senshi Raige
- The Divergent Series (2014 — 2016) as Christina:
- Divergent (2014)
- The Divergent Series: Insurgent (2015)
- The Divergent Series: Allegiant (2016)
- Dope (2015) as Nakia
- Mad Max: Fury Road (2015) as Toast the Knowing
- Portlandia (2015) as Kendall
- Fantastic Beasts (2016 — 2018) as Leta Lestrange
- The LEGO Batman Movie (2017) as Catwoman (voice)
- Big Little Lies (2017 — 2019) as Bonnie Carlson
- Rough Night (2017) as Blair
- Kin (2018) as Milly
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018) as Mary Jane Watson (voice)
- High Fidelity (2020) as Rob Brooks
- The Batman (2022) as Selina Kyle / Catwoman
Discography (with Lolawolf):
- Lolawolf EP (2014)
- Calm Down (2014)
- Every F***n Day EP (2015)
Tropes applying to her work:
- Actor-Shared Background: She's played characters who like her are of mixed race ancestry.
- Dawson Casting: As with the rest of the teenage cast of Divergent, Kravitz was significantly older than her character, Christina, being 24 years old at the time of filming when her character was supposed to be 16.
- Irony: Back in 2011, she was denied an audition to play Catwoman's friend Jen in The Dark Knight Rises because she was "too urban". Six years later, she voiced Catwoman. Then, a full decade later, she's playing the role in live-action.
- Mixed Ancestry: Some characters she's played like Leta Lestrange have mixed race heritage (Leta's born to a white father and black mother).
- Ms. Fanservice: She hasn't been shy at all in showing nudity, doing sex scenes or generally wearing revealing clothes during her career.
- Queer Character, Queer Actor:
- Role Reprise: She went from voicing Catwoman in The LEGO Batman Movie to playing the character in live-action in Matt Reeves' The Batman (2022).
- Twofer Token Minority: She's often the sole woman of color in her works. In High Fidelity she's bisexual as well (like Kravitz really is).