You don't know who Yuko Miyamura is? Anta baka?!note
Yuko Miyamura (also romanized as "Yuuko") (born December 4, 1972 in Kobe, Japan) is a voice actress and occasional singer and sound director. She tends to play pushy, Hot-Blooded girls like Asuka Langley Soryu from Neon Genesis Evangelion and Aisha Clan-Clan of Outlaw Star, although she might play Tyke Bomb roles too like Alyssa from Mai HIME...
She had to temporarily retire because of Graves' disease, but hey, she's back in her old role of Asuka in Rebuild of Evangelion, so maybe that retirement wasn't so binding. In recent years she's become friends with Tiffany Grant, the English voice of Asuka.
Yuko also has a role in Battle Royale, as the bat-shit insane instructor on tape.
Notable roles by Yuko Miyamura
- Aisha ClanClan in Outlaw Star
- Akane (Whitney)note in Pokémon
- Alyssa Searrs in Mai-HiME
- Asuka Langley Soryu in Neon Genesis Evangelion
- Ayano Elizabeth Hakuhoin in Starship Girl Yamamoto Yohko (Playing Against Type)
- Casca in Berserk (1997), Sword of the Berserk: Guts' Rage, and Berserk: Millennium Falcon Hen Seima Senki no Shō
- Chun-Li and Rose in the Street Fighter Alpha series.
- Grace Urigin in Super Robot Wars F and F Final
- Hinagiku Tamano in Wedding Peach
- June in KaBlam! (Japanese dub)
- Kazuha Toyama in Detective Conan
- Kurumi in Kimagure Orange Road (late CD dramas)
- Kyoko Hayase in Kyukyu Sentai GoGoV
- Larxene in Kingdom Hearts
- Lei Lei in Darkstalkers
- Mina Seong in the original Soul Edge
- Mrs. Danvers (Judith Anderson) in the Japanese dub of Rebecca (2019 New Era Movies dub, and brutally Playing Against Type here, as she voice an elderly, creepy-sounding woman)
- Natsuki Sasahara in Hyper Police
- The title character in Niea_7
- Parfait in VS Knight Lamune & 40 FIRE & the much reviled FRESH OVA
- Also sings the opening with Kyoko Hikami
- Performa in I Dream of Mimi
- Regina Argine in Brave Police J-Decker
- Ritsuko Inoue in Those Who Hunt Elves
- Satomi Yajima in the Variable Geo OVA
- Souffle in Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger (Playing Against Type)
- Ushio Shimabara in Neo Ranga
- Utako Ohkawa in Clamp School Detectives
Tropes associated to Yuko Miyamura
- Career Resurrection: Yuko was fairly active across the 1990s into the early 2000s. After moving to Melbourne in the mid-2000s, Yuko's career wansn't as big as it used to be, not helping when she had Grave's Disease. Since 2016, she has moved back to Japan full time.
- Kansai Regional Accent: She's from Kobe and uses her native accent when voicing Kazuha from Detective Conan
- Ill Girl: She suffers from Grave's Disease which ends up greatly impacting her speech sometimes. On occasion during Detective Conan, Kazuha's voice will sound congested due to said illness; episodes 710-715 being the prime examples of when her illness affected her the most.
- Playing Against Type: Although she usually plays hot-blooded or insane, characters, Souffle from Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger is gentle and have some insecurities about herself.
- Ditto for Ayano Elizabeth Hakuhouin