Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson (born 13th May, 1986 in London, England) is an English actor.
He's since worked on a bunch of smaller scale and indie projects, many of which have been critically acclaimed such as Good Time, The Lost City of Z, and The Lighthouse. In 2019, he snagged the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in Matt Reeves' The Batman, as well as a major supporting role in Christopher Nolan's Tenet.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005) as Cedric Diggory
- How to Be (2008) as Art
- The Twilight Saga (2008 2012) as Edward Cullen
- Twilight (2008)
- The Twilight Saga: New Moon (2009)
- The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (2010)
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1 (2011)
- The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 (2012)
- Little Ashes (2009) as Salvador Dalí
- Remember Me (2010) as Tyler Hawkins
- Water for Elephants (2011) as Jacob Jankowski
- Bel Ami (2012) as Georges Duroy
- Cosmopolis (2012) as Eric Packer
- Maps to the Stars (2014) as Jerome Fontana
- The Rover (2014) as Reynolds
- The Lost City of Z (2017) as Henry Costin
- Queen of the Desert (2017) as T. E. Lawrence
- Good Time (2017) as Connie Nikas
- High Life (2018) as Monte
- The King (2019) as The Dauphin
- The Lighthouse (2019) as Ephraim Winslow / Thomas Howard
- Tenet (2020) as Neil
- The Devil All the Time (2020) as Preston Teagardin
- The Batman (2022) as Bruce Wayne / Batman
- Alternate Character Interpretation: Invoked by himself.
- He views Edward as a creepy stalker that hates himself, and played him as such.
- And related to the man himself, there are those that are convinced he was the one that leaked Midnight Sun, though he denies it.
- Groupie Brigade: A Real Life incident with one nearly ended his life: he made the mistake of dashing out into the street, upon which he was struck down by a car. He was not pleased with the mob.
- Man of a Thousand Faces: Is an impressively dedicated and transformative actor. Compare the difference in appearance, facial or otherwise, between Connie in Good Time, Reynolds in The Rover, Winslow in The Lighthouse and of course his performance as the sparkling vampire Edward Cullen of Twilight.
- Man of a Thousand Voices: To go along with his transformative powers as a film actor, he posesses a wide vocal range and variety of accents. Compare, again, the difference in voice/accent between Connie, Reynolds, Winslow, Edward and a wide range of characters, usually troubled and mysterious men.
- Ooh, Me Accent's Slipping: Earlier in his career when he playing Americans, his accent was good but he had a tendency to slip here and there. Hes gotten better about it over the years.
- This Loser Is You: His interpretation of Edward is this trope, portraying him as a dysfunctional loser who has No Social Skills. Not that it stopped the fangirls.
- Unkempt Beauty: Pattinson is known for his rather unkempt appearance with his messy hair and usual permastubble, but that hasn't stopped him from being highly attractive.