Byron Mann (Chinese: 文峰; pinyin: Wén Fēng; Jyutping: Man4 Fung1, August 13, 1967) is a Hong Kong-born American actor in film and television. His notable roles include Wing Chau in The Big Short, Chang in Hell on Wheels, Ryu in Street Fighter, Silver Lion in The Man with the Iron Fists, Admiral Nguyen in The Expanse, and Yao Fei Gulong in the first season of Arrow.
Mann grew up bilingual in English and Cantonese, though he also learned to speak fluent Mandarin and some Thai. He attended the Diocesan Boys' School, an all-boys secondary school in Hong Kong, where he was active in community theatre as both an actor and a writer. After graduating, Mann moved to California.
- Street Fighter (1994) as Ryu
- Crying Freeman (1995) as Koh
- Catwoman (2004) as Wesley
- Sniper 3 (2004) as Quan
- The Man with the Iron Fists (2012) as Silver Lion
- The Big Short (2015) as Wing Chau
- Skyscraper (2018) as Inspector Wu
- Murphy Brown (1993) as Quan Chang
- Time Trax (1994) as Taki
- Murder, She Wrote (1996) as Yosuki Ishida
- The Sentinel (1997) as Tommy Wu
- Martial Law (1999) as Ataru Nakamura
- Walker, Texas Ranger (2000) as P.K. Song
- Dark Angel (20002002) as Det. Matt Sung
- Smallville (20032005) as Com. Cheng/Kern
- The Unit (2009) as Stanley Wu
- Burn Notice (2010) as Ming Khan
- Nikita (2012) as Agent Li Bai
- Arrow (20122013, 2017) as Yao Fei Gulong
- Hawaii Five-0 (2014) as Fire Capt. Hank Iona
- CSI: Cyber (2015) as Jordan Tan
- Hell on Wheels (20152016) as Chang
- Rush Hour (2016) as Fong
- NCIS: Los Angeles (2016) as Zhang Kiu
- The Expanse (2017) as Adm. Nguyen
- Altered Carbon (2018) as O.G. Kovacs
- Wu Assassins (2019) as Uncle Six
- Sleeping Dogs (2012) as Raymond Mak
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: Majority of his roles. He got his breakout role in the Live-Action Adaptation of one of the most iconic Fighting Games of all time, after all. And playing its Series Mascot at that.
- Chronically Killed Actor: He dies a lot on-screen.
- Plays Great Ethnics: He is of Chinese-Hong Kong descent, but has played many other Asian descent characters throughout his career.
- Production Posse: Has worked with Steven Seagal a number of times.
- Star-Making Role: Despite the film's notorious quality, playing Ryu in Street Fighter opened a lot of doors for him.
- Typecasting: He tends to get cast as Military men.