Cast page for main characters of At Arm's Length.
Allison "Ally" Mancer
Every team needs a level-headed leader, and that's Ally to a T. Friendly, goofy and steadfast in her duties, it's her job to keep her two friends reined in and on duty. She has to keep an eye on her husband Peter, who needs a woman's touch on occasion. She is not without a sense of humor; after all, how many rabbits like to wear a magician's outfit?
- Multi-Armed and Dangerous
- Multi-Armed Multitasking: Really helps with making dinner
- Nice Hat: Ally rarely goes into battle without her top hat.
- Team Mom: Ally's main job, besides leading the attacks, is being the voice of reason.
Sheila "Rumble" Spellman
Not just your garden-variety punk kangaroo, Sheila is always up for a fight or at least a decent clothing sale. A natural fighter, she's the team's muscle and most aggressive member. Sheila also has a soft spot for cooking, and tolerates her husband's music as best she can. Sheila also has a troubled past, having been abandoned by her parents at any early age.
- Action Girl: Sheila's modus operandi. Of the three main girls, she's the one most likely to leap into action.
- Disappeared Dad: Invoked in the backstory as Patricius and his wife left Sheila during her childhood due to their being immature and selfish. Averted in modern time as he has been trying to make it up to her for the past century.
- Fighting with Chucks: Sheila prefers to use four sets of nunchucks when facing close quarter threats.
- Missing Mom: Sheila's mother abandoned her at a young age and hasn't been seen since.
- Punk Rock: A committed punk rocker, complete with band shirts, spiked collars and disrespect for authority.
- The Worf Effect: Many a confrontation begins with Sheila going Leeroy Jenkins into battle, only to be sent flying by a stronger enemy.
Reece "Vixy" CraftHow can a fox be so ditzy and so good at forming strategies at the same time? Reece is a little bubble-headed from time to time, but she proves her worth in combat. The fashionable one of the trio, she'd be the first to tell Sheila her tail cuff clashes with her clothes.
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander: One of Reece's most endearing traits.
- Gamer Girl: She's an avid gamer, covering everything from classics like Ms. Pac-Man to more recent fare like Alien: Isolation.
- Genki Girl: Reece is just a ball of energy.
- Seer: Gets psychic "vibes" sometimes, typically the one who alerts the others to incoming monsters.
Ally's husband, and a poor office drone who works for a magazine. Although Peter is dependent on Ally for fashion decisions, he's reliable at his job and a good provider. Plus, he's good at elbowing Ally when she needs to lighten up.
- Deadpan Snarker: His job as an entertainment reporter requires this.
- Intrepid Reporter: Though the topics he covers don't always appeal to him.
Sheila's husband, and a rock star wannabe. A great guitar player with a questionable singing voice, he is chivalrous to no end. Even Sheila melts when he comes to her rescue, either in public or just with a well-timed pizza.
- Hypocritical Humor: Complains about pop music being nothing but corporate created swill intended to make profits, and when asked why it offends him so much, he argues because he's not in on it.
- Punk Rock: Lead guitar and singer in a punk band.
Reece's husband, and manager at the local Mc Dunlaps. He's slowly being worn down by annoying customers, questionable corporate marketing and his fast-paced wife. Still, Nick is resilient, and his sarcastic demeanor thinly masks his deeper love of humanity.
- Enraged by Idiocy: Having to work at a fast food restaurant, he has his fair share to deal with due to the customers and employees.
Kaige and Kiley
Two dragon bounty hunters/mercenaries, they're allies of the girls who pop up on occasion. Kaige is a little cocky and self-promoting; Kiley is demure and playful. Both of them have standards and only enter conflicts against deserving targets, offering protection from evil to any species at reasonable rates.
- Battle Couple: Husband and wife AND bounty hunters.
- The Cameo
- Our Dragons Are Different: Dragon bounty hunters. 'Nuff said.
A lioness Enchanter who runs Haven, a shelter for both magical beings who are on the run from their home worlds for political or social reasons and mortals who have been the victims of magic. A caring soul with an open heart, she's one of the few Enchanters besides the main characters to take an interest in non-magical beings.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Goes full Mama Bear when Temujin attacks her Haven.
- The Exile: Banished from her homeworld, Selinda has set up shop secretly on Earth in the Himalayas.
- Knowledge Broker: Selinda is one of the girls main sources of information, often providing them with a starting point for their quests.
- Seeking Sanctuary: Selinda's Haven provides this service for magical beings on the run and mortal victims of magic. Since she herself was exiled from her home world, Selinda has empathy for those with nowhere else to turn to.
A half-mortal, half-demoness fox who handles security and maintenance duties at Selinda's Haven. Due to having a father who was a six-armed demon and a mortal mother, she has a four-armed appearance. Her powers include the ability to make duplicates of herself. She is very protective of her home and charges, and suspicious of outsiders.
- Ascended Demon: Not quite, but Tazel has at least rejected her father's evil legacy.
- The Cameo
- Self-Duplication: Tazel's main power.
- Mundane Utility: Tazel uses her ability to replicate herself to do general upkeep at the Haven.
- Multiarmed And Dangerous:
- Multiarmed Multitasking: Along with using duplicates, Tazel will also take advantage of her four-armed form when housecleaning.
- Number Two: Selinda's chief of staff and her most trusted confidante, she's also the main protector of the Haven.
A bat from an alien world, hiding out at Selinda's Haven from her brother, a criminal on her home planet. Echo is a textbook example of a Perky Goth; she's a cheerful necromancer who can 'resurrect' zombie-like followers and normally has a good relationship with her undead minions.
- Bat Out of Hell: Averted, though other species may see her as one due to her being a necromancer, however.
- The Cameo: Echo is a main character in the comic "Slackerz." Along with her mates Kaige and Kiley
- Dark Is Not Evil: A humanoid bat who wears black and hangs around with zombies. And one of the nicest characters in the comic.
- Good Wings, Evil Wings: Averted, she has bat wings but isn't evil in the slightest.
- Necromancer: Echo's main power, with zombie minions and the like. Still treats everyone nicely, living or not.
- Perky Goth: A necromancer with a very bubbly personality.
A mutated deer who is one of the residents at Selinda's Haven. Transformed into a monster resembling a naga by Ceryn, Ian has a cautious outlook, yet still manages to remain friendly and helpful to others.
- The Cameo
- Bambification: Despite being a victim of magic, all the heroes like him and a few specifically say he looks cute.
- Bookworm: Before his transformation, Ian worked at a library due to his love of reading.
- Snake People: Deer furry upper torso attached to a long snake-like body.
A mouse college student who has been transformed by accident into a fairy, complete with an emasculating set of pink wings. Deeply resentful of any comments on his appearance, he is gradually starting to acclimate to his powers.
- Nice Mice: Averted at first. Greg is an immature, womanizing frat boy when we first meet him. He's been slowly but surely becoming more responsible and dependable.
- Only Sane Man: His dismissive attitude is at odds with most of his fellow fae, who embrace their wackiness with aplomb.
- Our Fairies Are Different: Oh very much so. Greg is embarrassed to be a fairy and having to associate with others like him.
- Rodents of Unusual Size: Well he's a mouse furry, so yeah.
- Wacky Frat Boy Hijinx: Guess what behavior he was engaging in that got an angry witch to curse him?
2Q and Britt
Two small pixies that inhabit forests and often are the first response team for magical encounters on Earth. Britt is a white cat with butterfly wings and 2Q resembles a griffin with feathery wings. As fellow fae, they are usually Greg's closest confidants regarding his fairy powers, much to his chagrin.
- The Cameo: 2Q belongs to furry artist Nicole Riley and Britt is the fursona of her friend and fellow artist Brittany Fruchey.
- Fairy Companion: They function this way for Greg, which is funny since he's a fairy himself.
- Really 700 Years Old: Both appear to be kids, but at actually millions of years old.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Played straight in their past, as apparently they caused an ice age with one of their fights. In modern day, their arguments are much more benign and just for fun.
A villainous winged reptile, Temujin is part of a larger conspiracy with as-yet unrevealed plans for the Earth. Although evil, Temujin is very polite and friendly, so much so that she'd want to be the Enchanters' friends if she wasn't so determined to do them in.
- Affably Evil: Very pleasant and friendly for a megalomaniac.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A literal example, as there is a wanted poster for Temujin for committing multiple acts of jaywalking. Given some of her other activities, jaywalking seems the least of her sins.
- Evil Is Sexy: And how!
- Ms. Fanservice: Thy name is Temujin.
- Sensible Heroes, Skimpy Villains: The main characters wear reasonable shirt and pants combos into battle, but Temujin looks like she bought her outfit from the barbarian section of Victoria's Secret.
- Stripperiffic: Temujins outfit leaves little to the imagination.
A deer witch in Temujin's employ, she carries out her bosses' whims on Earth while the evil conspiracy is focused elsewhere. Crafty and devious, she is eager to please Temujin. Unfortunately for her, this put her in the crosshairs of Ally, Sheila and Reece, who made short work of her plans. Recently changed into a deertaur, she seeks revenge against the girls.
- Bambification: Subverted. Ceryn uses her cute looks to take advantage of people, but deep down is evil to the core.
- Femme Fatale: Tries to use her sultry looks on Nick, but he rebuffs her. It's a moot point however, as her real goal was to just lure Reece away from the public...
- Our Centaurs Are Different: A spell backfiring transforms her into a deertaur.
Angry, antisocial hyena gonzo journalist who investigates supernatural events in Houston. A cross between Spider Jerusalem and Kolchak: The Night Stalker, Ixod is obsessed with discovering the truth about all the strange goings on in the community, regardless of what it does to his reputation or pocket book.
- Cluster Bleep-Bomb: Has a mouth that would make a sailor shudder, but edited with Symbol Swearing so the comic maintains a PG rating.
- Gonzo Journalism: Ixod's bread and butter. Despises authority, celebrities and pop music and lets his readers know every chance he can get.
- Intrepid Reporter: Ixod investigates a news story from all angles, including harassing police officers for information.
- Nice Hat: Ixod sports a fedora when he's on the job.
An annoying human nerd from another dimension, Kevin mysteriously showed up one night and has been been a thorn in everyone's side since. Narcissistic to no end, he thinks nothing of rambling on for hours on sci-fi/fantasy topics, even as those around him threaten bodily harm if he doesn't shut up. A fan of epic quest stories, he's naturally excited about this turn of event in his life, seeing it as a sign he destined for greatness.
- Extraverted Nerd: All the ladies must love him and are only pretending to hate him, right? Right?
- Gender Bender: Got transformed into a woman due to a spell backfiring.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Could give Brainy Smurf a run for his money.
- Lovable Nerd: Averted. Most people want to hurt him within minutes of meeting him.
- Nerd: And with all the worst qualities.
- Nerd Glasses