Web Animation: Sonic For Hire
Sonic for Hire
is a parody series made by Lowbrow Studios
. The series stars Sonic the Hedgehog
as washed up and in need to find various jobs to pay debts such as his rent. Almost all of the jobs he is involved in end in failure and has ended in a few cliffhangers. Some of the recurring characters he encounters include Tails, Dr. Eggman, Earthworm Jim
, Gilius Thunderhead
, Mother Brain
, the Starfox crew sans Fox and Falco
, and even Mega Man
from Mega Man Dies At The End
. The series lasted from February 13, 2011 to December 22, 2013, making it last two years and 85 days.
The show ran with seven seasons which aired on Sundays (except for Season 6's premiere, which was shown on a Friday) around the mid-afternoon. Sonic for Hire also had a few mini shorts that aired separately from the Sonic for Hire storyline, and are not canonical to the series.
List of Episodes:
open/close all folders
Shorts and Other Videos
Sonic For Hire provides examples of:
- Abusive Parents: Sonic originally wanted to kill Soniqua off by making her eat bombs (As seen in "Bomberman"). However, once Sonic sees how useful she can be (she saved his life from Goro), he considers her a valuable member of the group, even mentioning that he should've used Soniqua to kill off the Double Dragon Brothers instead of Eggman and Earthworm Jim and she killed one of Mario's goons who looked like he was about to attack Sonic.
- Sonic did however want to wipe his and Lucca's children out of existence.
- A Day in the Limelight: The episode "Soniqua Mad" is one, where Soniqua goes on a rampage after Mario kills Sonic. Too bad Soniqua fell for a trap.
- Sonic's friends don't really do anything in the episode.
- "Cash Explosion" is one for Tails (Season 4, so it's the Villain one to say)
- A God I Am: Once Sonic kills the creator, he says I. Am. God!. He gets bored of it though.
- All Just An Acid Trip: Episode 3.
- All of the characters recreate this experience in Season 6 ... WITH the same consequences.
- Alternate Character Interpretation: In-universe mainly.
- Sonic sees Kirby and Dig Dug as psychopaths who kill creatures just for the fun of it. Funny that Kirby killed Dig Dug at the end.
- Red Falcon interpreted as a Colombian druglord named El Padrino.
- Anything That Moves: Sonic has tendencies to have sex many people and things he meets (With the exception of "Golden Axe"). He has facefucked a Birdo not caring if it was transsexual or not but he won't fuck a Candy Kong, which Sonic interprets as "Donkey Kong in a bikini", despite the fact he fucks Wreck-it Ralph's sister, who is basically Wreck-it Ralph with a ponytail.
- Apocalypse How: The paradox that happened after "This Can't Be Good" was implied to cause a Class X-5 Scale of Destruction ... or possibly even an Class Z.
- Arc Villain:
- Season 1: Eggman with Earthworm Jim as his dragon (Until the end of "Tetris", which puts Eggman as a joke villain. Both turn into allies at the end of Season 2.)
- Season 2: Mario (After "Ice Hockey")
- Season 3: Shredder (In "Casino Zone"), Darth Vader (In "The War"), and finally Tails (After he took Sonic's position after "Duck Hunt")
- Season 4: Tails, who is a complete jerkass after blowing up Sonic's mafia cash and getting rich off an app and is making Sonic's already miserable life even more miserable. Shown in "Cash Explosion" that he's a complete jerkass to other people too, doing stuff like throwing coffee in people's faces. Also, to show how much of more of an asshole he can be to Sonic, he sent him a bomb. He's also shown to be more of a jerkass and even acts like one with Kirby as well.
- Funny how Sonic turns out to act even worse than Tails in the end.
- Season 5: Fox McCloud and Falco are pretty pissed about what Sonic has been doing to their ship. Andross, the antagonist of the Starfox crew, was killed off in the first episode of Season 5 pretty quickly by Sonic.
- Season 6: Mario (revived in "Thunderhead" thanks to time traveling, but seemingly dies by his own weapon, but because of time travel, turns into a chicken farmer).
- Season 7: The so-called Creator of video games might be this, although it is hard to tell if s/he really is malicious, or if Sonic really deserves the paradoxes he is being screwed with. Ultimately subverted, as the Creator is Dominique Wilkins, who Sonic kills.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Mario: "You fucked up my business, let my brother get hit by a truck, and worst of all, you somehow managed to program my DVR so it records each episode of Bachelor Pad like 3 different times."
- Ascended Extra: Earthworm Jim, Kirby, and Thunderhead become recurring characters in season 3.
- And they all get Demoted to Extra in Season 4... but Earthworm Jim comes back again in Season 5. (And Kirby has a major role in the second half of the fourth season). As of Season 6, Earthworm Jim is the only "Ascended Extra".
- Princess Potato has a bigger role in Season 6 thanks to time travel. She also has her connections to Mario.
- Ash Face: Tails delivers Sonic a bomb at the end of "Cash Explosion", which gives this to Sonic. Oddly enough, it harms him enough to where he has to go to the hospital.
"That's Tails, folks! *cue Iris Out
* Seriously, what a fucking asshole, I have to go to the hospital now."
- Ass Shove: In the final episode, Sonic uses his new god powers to make a statue do this to Mario.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Sonic is a subtle version of this. The main reason he fails most of his jobs is because of this.
- Ax-Crazy: Kirby. You will never play another Kirby game the same way again.
- Sonic's and Mother Brain's kid Soniqua is also this.
- And even Darth Vader.
- Back from the Dead: Mario does this, as revealed at the end of the Thunderhead episode. He proceeds to also do this to his mob minions.
- As this is set in the same universe as Mega Man Dies At The End, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, who were all murdered by Sonic in the final episode of said series. They are revived near the beginning of season 7 only to be murdered again by Eggman.
- Behind the Black:
Earthworm Jim: "We stood an hour and a half off-screen... for THAT? [[shitty one liner.]]"
- Beneath the Mask: To most people, Knuckles is a Large Ham, but in the inside, he is very discontent with his life, hating BurgerTime (he would rather join Sonic and his crew). In Season 4, he sounds very depressed after his restaurant burns down. And in Season 7, he is Driven to Suicide from how boring oblivion is., but he failed to kill himself and still remains a pixel.
- Berserk Button: Do anything to Sonic's Dominique Wilkins Poster (Or him frozen in carbonate) ... and It's Personal!
- You mess with Sonic, and Soniqua will beat you senseless, and even eat your flesh.
- Deny Earthworm Jim water, and he'll murder you straight up.
Earthworm Jim: GET ME SOME FUCKING WATER!!!
- Sonic doesn't really like working with Tails in his movie....
- In "Pokémon", the Pokémon Trainer tells Soniqua to kill Sonic, but Soniqua is loyal to Sonic, ripping the Pokémon Trainer in half.
- Soniqua's loyalty to Sonic is proven again when she wakes up in horror to the sound of Sonic being murdered by Mario, thus beginning her rampage.
- Big Damn Heroes: Eggman, Earthworm Jim, Kirby and Gilius Thunderhead arrive right when Mario's goons are about to kill Sonic. Soniqua comes later and Tails, although hoping for Sonic to die, knocks out one of Mario's goons.
- Bittersweet Ending: Season 3's ending seems to be a bit like this... Sonic loses his mafia after Tails blows up his money and Sonic is now broke as ever, and even though he says that his life is down the shitter, he still tries finding more jobs. Some background music even plays in too.
Sonic: Well, Joe Wilkins Poster, things are definitely in the shitter now. ...Looks like it's time to get to work.
- Black Comedy: Oh yes...
- Book Ends: The whole entire series started at Sonic's apartment. The starts of Seasons 2 and 6 take place at Sonic's apartment. The Season Finales (Except for Season 1) somehow have Sonic's apartment as a location.
- Season 1: The series starts at Sonic's apartment.
- Season 2: Season 2 starts at Sonic's apartment and Mario's Mafia Crew and Sonic's allies battle it out in Sonic's apartment.
- Season 3: Sonic ends up back in his apartment after Tails blew up all of his cash.
- Season 4: An exception to the rule, although "Two Bad Characters" shows Sonic's apartment.
- Season 5: Sonic and Co get thrown back right at Sonic's apartment.
- Season 6: Starts at Sonic's apartment. After time traveling and facing paradoxes left and right, Sonic's apartment is the initial setting for some of the last few episodes, and is the very last place Sonic and Co are at before Sonic presses the Reset Button.
- Season 7: Guess what? The episode starts off in oblivion, but as the pixels develop into 8-bit, it turns into Sonic's apartment with the couch and everything. The VERY last episode involves the same apartment and couch at the beginning.
- Brain in a Jar: Mother Brain. She tends to have a slightly different personality from her Metroid counterpart.
- Brick Joke:
- The Dominique Wilkins Poster
- Sonic worshipped the poster so much from Season 1-3, that it became the Creator.
- Sonic calling Princess Peach a bitch for Mario.
- Sonic's "special sauce" (actually semen) for Eggman's burger in the Burger Time episode.
- Eggman thought it was just something extra salty to increase his blood pressure. Knuckles on the other hand wasn't amused by it.
- Eggman calling Blanka "Matt Le Blanca".
- "I think you mean rings" in the Scribblenauts episode, originally in Episodes 2 and 4 note
- In "Chrono Trigger", Eggman (In a Sonic costume) had sex with Lucca so Sonic wouldn't have to deal with having another kid. In "Things Get Messy", we get to see the results of that.
- Butterfly of Doom: Season 6 has a bunch of butterfly effects and plotholes. One example is how "sliced bread" doesn't exist in Crash Bandicoot's and Eggman's timeline. (It's called "torn with your hands bread" instead)
- Butt Monkey: Sonic and Tails.
- Earthworm Jim and Eggman are this too.
- Tails goes back to this status big time in Season 5.
- Heck, any Sonic character (besides the main cast, who are considered butt monkeys anyway) gets a huge treatment of this big time:
- Knuckles got his restaurant burned down and had to end up working for a fancy restaurant. Then he gets stuck as a pixel, and remains working 39-hour shifts at Burger Time.
- Amy got hit by a chair by Soniqua.
- Shadow gets shot in the spine by a policeman... and everyone acts cool with the loot Shadow stole..
- Luigi is one too. In the VERY first episode on the newspaper headline, it says "Luigi still sucks". Then in Season 2's episode, Mario sends him thinking he'll make sure Sonic gets the job done, but instead, Luigi gets killed by a bus. Mario seems to get upset about it the first time, but in Season 6, Luigi is revived (Along with Mario) and he watches as Soniqua dies. However, Soniqua fails to die and Soniqua blows fire at Luigi, instantly killing him. Mario doesn't care this time though.
- Camp Gay: Link. Oddly enough, he makes gay jokes about Tails.
- Call Back: The Falco episode makes a bunch of callbacks to "The War" from Season 3.
- Catch Phrase:
- Tails: "Dipshit!"
- Knuckles: "Fryin' and buyin'!"
- Soniqua: "AVOCADO!!!"
- Kirby (Season 4): "Love it!"
- Crash Bandicoot: "No way, bro-say!"
- Cheat Code: The final episode reveals that the title screen has a level select (which Sonic accesses with the level select code from the first game), showing every single episode of the series.
- City of Gold: Tails's new place after he gets rich. He even takes a shower with gold!
- Cliff Hanger:
- The first Season Finale, where Sonic gets turned into an eggplant and out of nowhere, Tails gets into a coma.
- The first part of the Season Finale of Season 2, with Mario and his gang about to kill Sonic.
- Casino Zone and The War of Season 3 had various cliffhangers as well.
- Season 6 has a lot of cliffhangers, before and after Mario's revival. Most of these involve "who" stole the Epoch and what's going to happen to Mario next.
- Comically Missing the Point: Sonic does this... A LOT.
- Continuity Nod: After Mario gets back alive, he calls forth not only some villains, but some of the people that hated Sonic, specifically, Blanka, Pit and Dig Dug.
- Also in the episode, Ice Hockey, the monsters from Dig Dug end up in jail chasing after Alex Kidd. They also appear in "Tapper" and "It's On".
- If you watch Mega Man Dies At The End, it's revealed that Bomberman has an evil brother. He also had a wife (who was at Bomberman's grave) that Soniqua killed in "Casino Zone Part 1".
- The entire episode of "It's On" includes references from multiple episodes from Seasons 1, 2, and 3. Sonic and Tails chase and fight each other through different places that Sonic has been involved with. Even some of the whereabouts of the other characters are continuity nods to previous episodes.
- If you pay attention in "Tecmo Bowl", it shows that "Sonic on Ice" has a revival done by Crash Bandicoot. In "It's On", Kirby ate the etire cast.
- The Cameo: Sonic and Thunderhead appear in Mega Man Dies At The End (a series also made by Low Brow) digging their way out of prison and escaping outside by the next episode.
- The Couch: In Sonic's apartment.
- Couch Gag: At the end of almost every single episode, there are some outtakes from the recordings of the episodes, such as saying a line (Usually different from the episode). There are a few episodes though that add something to the end and a few that don't even do the line:
- Kid Icarus: Did have it but added a "cliffhanger" segment.
- Double Dragon: Sonic comes in instead and said that Sonic gave Earthworm Jim his suit back, expecting YouTube comments that would bring it up.
- Donkey Kong Country: Nothing happens. Mario climbs out from the pit and says "Dun dun dunnnn! I'm still alive!"
- The Battle Part 1: Sonic comes in and says that it was a short episode, but says that he might die the following one. Also, a trailer for Taco Man: The Game Master plays after that.
- Peach: "Pretty Woman" played instead, along with showing a picture of "Super Italian Labor Plumbers".
- The War: Different music is played alongside showing the couch gag at the end.
- It's On: Mega Man Dies At The End teaser showed instead.
- The Red Carpet: Sonic says "Hilarious Outtake".
- Blaster Master instead shows the whereabouts of Sophia III, but it didn't turn out to be an effective combat machine...
- Starcraft shows Tails at a building instead, stating he has to poo while the other characters are at a Zerg base partying.
- The end of "Falco" (when Falco gets killed) shows Fox saying that "they're going to pay for killing Falco".
- Chekhov's Gun: The Dominque Wilson poster becomes The Creator after Sonic pushes the Reset Button, as revealed in the last episode.
- Crapsack World: Mario quickly turns the world to this once he sees that there is world peace and there's nothing to stop him ... except Soniqua.
- Tails, Eggman and Earthworm Jim end up stopping Mario ... but they are all really drunk at this point.
- Creator Cameo: Cliffy B himself shows up in "Gears of War", and "Lowbrow" has... well...
- Crossover: Mega Man Dies At The End is made by the same creators, so not surprisingly, this has happened.
- This is a crossover where Sonic actually gets to meet Mega Man himself. Becomes sort of a parody of bad crossovers, as the whole episode is them just standing around talking awkwardly.
X: Oh, wouldn't it be awesome if he teamed up with Sonic?
Zero: We did that already.
Proto Man: Yeah, It wasn't great.
- The series finale of Mega Man Dies At The End is this between Sonic and Eggman. We also know that Wily and Eggman are friends, despite the fact that they didn't notice each other during the Season 2 Finale.
- Sonic killed Mega Man, thus he is responsible for the Title Drop.
Sonic: I don't share the spotlight.
- Cute Monster Girl: Some fans find Soniqua cute for some reason.
- Date Rape: Implied in Temco Bowl. Sonic spiked a cocktail with roofies that were intended for cheerleaders. Earthworm Jim mistakenly drank it.
- Deity of Human Origin: Sonic, in the final episode.
- Denser and Wackier: Season by season.
- Description Cut: At one point, Sonic has four girls fighting over him. Sonic suggests settling this "like adults," followed by a scene in which they are in a wrestling arena.
- Diabolus Ex Machina: Tails in Season 4.
- The Dog Bites Back: Tails at the end of Season 3. Sonic shouldn't have mistreated him.
- Downer Ending: At the end of Season 3, Tails blows up all of the mafia money, making Sonic have to work on his own feet again.
- Season 6 ends when the universe is restarted.
- Drinking Game: Two drinking games have been made. One that is official and one that was made by a troper.
- Driven to Suicide: Knuckles at the VERY beginning of "Rebuild". The others don't seem to mind though.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Dr. Wily is one of Mario's Mafia members that he sends to kill Sonic in "The Battle: Part 2". However, he has a much bigger role in later episodes.
- Crash Bandicoot is also mentioned as early as Season 3, where he stars the new "Sonic on Ice" revival. Kirby ate the whole entire cast though, so it is possible Crash either escaped or revived through time travel.
- Early Installment Weirdness: In Kirby, Sonic is driven to tears from killing creatures, something he is seen to be less adverse to in later episodes.
- Enemy Mine: Since Tails is the Arc Villain of Season 4, Sonic and him joining up to do "Two Bad Characters" could be considered this.
- Tails however humiliated Sonic and Sonic intended this so he could kill Tails in an explosion
- Exactly What It Says on the Tin: When Sonic and Co. realize that they were duped on the initial "Creator" quest, they end up going on an acid trip with Tails finding out that going to Link would help them find the Creator... much to his chagrin. After finding Link, Link (after making fun of him) tells him to "ignore the mountains (boobs) and get to the cliff (The first name of the creator of Gears of War is "Cliff"). Sonic and Tails go to Gears of War and find the Creator of Gears of War ...
- Expendable Clone: Darth Vader kills his stormtroopers in anger like if it was nothing.
- Extreme Omnisexual: Sonic, who will basically fuck anything he finds ... including Birdo!
- Evil Feels Good: Sonic remarks on this after shooting Kid Chameleon in "Back to Work".
- Foreshadowing: During Season 6, when goes back in time to prevent himself from squandering his funds, various things happen, including Princess Potato (Who had connections with Mario), who was previously dead, becoming president. Seeing how the Epoch is being stolen, it is ultimately stolen by Princess Potato, who uses it to bring back Mario, who was also dead.
- Face-Heel Turn: Tails has one during the end of Season 3 and it lasts all the way to Season 4.
- Fisher King: During Crash Bandicoot's/Eggman's timeline, Crash and Sonic have the power to make games appear based on their personality.
- Five-Bad Band: Mario's gang that he sent to kill Sonic. Besides of other people that hated Sonic, Mario had some goon friends of his own that count as this.
- Big Bad: Mario of course, who got killed by Sonic.
- The Dragon: Bowser, who got his face shot by Earthworm Jim.
- Evil Genius: Dr. Wily, who was thought to be the group of people killed, but apparently just suffered a head injury and due to continuity with Mega Man Dies At The End, escaped from jail some time ago, joined Mario, suffered the head injury, and got sent to jail again.
- The Brute: Mecha Hitler, who got killed by Kirby of all people.
- The Dark Chick: Well since there were no females in the group, Dracula might as well be the closest one. He got killed by Gilius Thunderhead.
- Five-Man Band: As of Season 3... Disassembled after "Contra". Reassembled after "Joust"... except for Gilius
- The Hero: Sonic
- The Lancer: Tails Now more of an asshole than ever.
- The Smart Guy: Earthworm Jim and Eggman Spent some time in Columbia snorting coke off tits, until Sonic showed up and took them home to make the movie.
- The Big Guy: Kirby Now eating his way up to Broadway.
- The Chick: According to "Casino Zone", Princess Potato. However... that didn't last very long...
- Sixth Ranger: Gilius Thunderhead (He was introduced the latest and doesn't make as many appearances as the others, other than Princess Potato) Sent to jail after a backfired attempt of starting a bar.
- Seems to be taking Tails' place as The Lancer as of Season 4, however, he might have left because he enjoyed the company of Soniqua's dog .
- Team Pet: Soniqua Still around, but fighting Pokémon apparently. However, as of "Pokémon", she returned with Sonic after ripping the Pokémon Trainer in half.
- Flat "What.": Sonic's reaction to Tails turning the annoying Dog from Duck Hunt to "Baby Soniqua".
- Fluffy Cloud Heaven: Sonic and Tails end up here in the final episode.
- Foil: Shadow to Sonic, naturally. Unlike him, he actually resorts to looting instead of looking for a job to pay rent.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Eggman's bucket list in "Elevator Action":
- Gameplay Ally Immortality: Tails. The reason why Sonic wanted Tails to be "top billing" was so Sonic could kill him in the movie theater explosion, as Tails would become "Player One".
- In "Alien", Tails goes back to "Player Two" as a Chestburster popping out of his chest doesn't kill him.
- Genre Savvy: Tails, especially in "The War" arc. He fails to foresee a mafia war vs Darth Vader turn into a game of Family Feud.
Sonic: So, did you see this one coming, dickface?
- Sonic, in Season 4, begins to try to be this, and fails miserably by making Tails the title character in order to make him able to die.
- After he is revived, Mario is Genre Savvy enough to just get the job done and kill Sonic, not giving him time to do anything.
- The Battletoads are Genre Savvy to point out that Sonic and Co. were following the advice of two clueless characters, an alcoholic vampire and a crazy knight with boxer shorts.
- Wreck-it Ralph probably knew this and intended to troll Sonic as revenge for Sonic banging his sister.
- Groin Attack:
(from a Facebook
update): Kicking Tails in the balls while in space feels really good.
- Gondor Calls for Aid: Sonic and Tails are cornered by Mario and his gang, then Eggman, Kirby, Thunderhead, Earthworm Jim, and Soniqua come in to Sonic's aid.
- Hilarious Outtakes: Almost every single episode ends with one of these (sound recording). Some of these are things that weren't inserted in the episode, while some of them are stuttering or laughter that occurs whenever they say lines.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Mario falls to this because of Bullet Bowser.
- Home by Christmas: A meta-example. "Space Chicken", the Season 5 Finale, ended up with Sonic and his friends back home. The episode was aired on December 23, 2012, two days before Christmas in Real Life.
- And the finale was released on December 22, 2013, three days before Christmas, and Santa Claus himself makes an appearance, even though he does absolutely nothing to advance the plot.
- Hot Skitty-on-Wailord Action: Sonic + Mother Brain = Soniqua
- Sonic also had kids with Lucca.
- Humiliation Conga: In Atari, Tails runs over Elliot (From ET), Sonic gets arrested by the FBI, and worst of all, finds Gilius Thunderhead wanting to get a condom full of wine from up his ass.
- Indulgent Fantasy Segue: In "Two Bad Characters" Sonic pulls out a gun and shoots Tails to death multiple times before returning to reality.
- Iris Out: At the end of "Cash Explosion", but is parodied as Sonic comes back up.
- Ironic Echo: In the episode "Dig Dug", Sonic tells Dig Dug this: "I should introduce you to my friend Kirby, you'd get along, you're both psychopaths." Later, Mario gets Dig Dug to join his Legion of Doom. Kirby eats Dig Dug.
- It's the Best Whatever, Ever!: The final episode closes out with Sonic declaring his new status as God to be the "Best. Job. Ever."
- Jerkass: Sonic, Eggman, Kirby and Tails.
- By this point, everyone who isn't Bomberman or Spaceworm Frank falls under this category.
- Through Facebook status updates from the page and from the first episode of Season 5, Tails pays for being such a jerkass in Season 4.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Sonic. Yes, he can be a mean jerk to people, but he does have hints of being a decent person, especially towards Soniqua after the events of Mortal Kombat. And before Tails broke him, he really was sympathetic and sincere about apologizing to Knuckles to give him a second chance at Burger Time.
- Karmic Death: Darth Vader is killed by Dominque Wilkins, who he had released from carbonite earlier. And for extra points, he was killed in the same way he killed Emperor Palpatine.
- Kick the Dog: It's all but flat out said that Tails purposefully gave Sonic a bad stock tip and screwed him out his money (thus making him the cause of the entirety of the show's events). This dog-kicking moment nicely sets up his Face-Heel Turn later down the line.
- Killed Mid-Sentence: Sonic
- Late-Arrival Spoiler: Soniqua and Mafia Mario. In Season 2, there is no mention of Mother Brain. She does return in Season 3's "Wrestlemania" though.
- Lazy Backup: When Mario kidnaps Sonic, his friends are too wasted to pay attention. When they later remember, they find the best way to save Sonic is to mail his kidnapper a flaming bag of poo.
- Or if you're watching Season 3, the fact that Sonic is a mob boss, although he returns to his regular format in Season 4, although Tails is one of his enemies now.
- You could watch the first few episodes of Season 6 without worrying too much about previous seasons, basically recapping Season 5's "Space Chicken" incident.
- Large Ham: Knuckles, particularly in the opening scene pf "Sonic Knuckles".
FRYING AND BUYING
- Leaning on the Fourth Wall: "Back to Work", which aired in the final season, has the protagonists remarking that they feel like they've done all they can do and return to their original games. Ultimately subverted, however, as they find that their original lives were even worse, and return to fuck shit up (as Sonic puts it), starting by shooting Kid Chameleon for no real reason.
- The Fourth Wall is there during the final episode.
- Legion of Doom: Mario is pretty serious about killing Sonic after he knocks him out. He even calls forth villains such as Bowser, Dr. Wily, Mecha Hitler, Dracula, and Blanka. Of course he also gets Dig Dug and Pit to join as well. However, in the next episode, Sonic's friends come and kill all of them except for Dr. Wily, who survives in Mega Man Dies At The End, and Blanka, who electrocutes Eggman.
- Long Song, Short Scene: While any of Mike "Monk" Soucy's 8-bit remakes would qualify, but his rendition of "Here I Go Again" by Whitesnake really takes the cake because not only did he make the FULL SONG (which is awesome by the way), but it only ever played for about 10 seconds in the Season 3 finale, "It's On"
- Made a Slave: Tails wanted to do this to Sonic after he took over his mafia. He was also a "slave" of Mario in late Season 2.
- Mama Bear: Soniqua is this to Sonic, despite the fact that Soniqua is Sonic's daughter. Threaten or hurt Sonic and you will be in a serious world of hurt. Heck, she is more protective of Sonic over a Pokemon Trainer and even her own mother, as she destroyed Mother Brain's Metroid Army.
- She goes on a rampage once she senses Sonic gets killed.
- Morality Pet: Sonic seems to treat Soniqua a lot better than anyone else.
- The Movie: Jokingly suggested in "Elevator Action", after Eggman suggests going to college.
No, we're not going to college. At least, not this season. Maybe in the movie. *cough* [looking towards the audience] Kickstarter
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Sonic and Co try to help out a spy in "Elevator Action", but when he sees he's trying to retrieve secret documents, Sonic and Co think that this guy's the bad guy. Then they kill the spy, but the businessmen actually had secret files to legalize Hitler.
- Also, in "Dig Dug", Sonic blows Taizo Hori up thinking that he's doing a really bad thing by killing random creatures, but these random creatures end up raping a village.
- No-Holds-Barred Beatdown: Sonic gives one in Season 4 when he hears that Tails is going to be in the movie with him.
- Eggman reprograms Sonic's ship to brutally murder Falco's ship like this instead of racing. Fox gets pissed.
- Non Fatal Explosion: Despite how massive the explosion seemed in the Seasons 4 finale, nobody died.
- Eggman says that "as soon as they say his crazy face, they knew something was up and just got the hell out of there."
- Soniqua says "Yeah you were ranting on screen for about 45 minutes ...", meaning that there would've been enough time for everyone to escape, despite the fact it seemed more like 15 seconds in "The Red Carpet".
- Nominal Hero: Sonic
- Nostalgia Level: The first few episodes have been revisited multiple times.
- Obligatory Swearing: There is a lot of swearing in the series to the point where there's a Drinking Game about it.
- Old Shame: Invoked in "Lowbrow" when Tails himself admits that he really hated being a jerk in Season 4.
- On Ice: The conclusion of the Casino Zone 3 Part Special involves this.
- Only Sane Man: Tails. he tumbles down to one of the insane bunch at the end of Season 3.
- Earthworm Jim in Techmo Bowl.
- Orphaned Punch Line: When Sonic lands a role as Commander Shepard's sidekick in Mass Effect 3, this happens at the beginning of the sex scene as Liara enters the room. "Then I was all 'No, YOUR anus!'"
- Painfully Slow Projectile: Bullet Bowser, which Mario uses to try to kill Soniqua once and for all. Doesn't work though.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Sonic and his crew disguise themselves poorly as ice skaters. (Specifically they're dressed as the ice skaters who were dressed as them for "Sonic on Ice".)
- Plot Hole: There's a lot of them.
- Plot-Triggering Death: Mario's death in Season 2 sets up the plot for Season 3.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner: "Hey Sonic, you ever call a coin toss? Let me give you a word of advice: always bet on tails."
- Psycho for Hire: Although nowhere near as bad as Kirby, Sonic has stated that he enjoys murdering when working for Mario.
- Putting the Band Back Together: Kirby has Sonic get everyone together to film a movie about his life.
- Pyromaniac: Kirby. He sets a bar that Sonic and Tails acquired on fire.
- Quest for Sex: Sonic has apparently had sex with a bunch of characters, such as Lucca and Mother Brain. However, he does refuse to have sex with Candy Kong, who he described as "just Donkey Kong in a bikini".
- He's also the father of Mother Brain's and Lucca's child.
- Strangely enough, despite not fucking Candy Kong, he didn't mind fucking Wreck-it Ralph's sister, who was basically Wreck-it Ralph wearing a ponytail.
- Rage Against the Author: "Lowbrow" has Sonic and Tails traveling to Lowbrow Studios and talking with the creators.
- Rags to Riches: Sonic from Season 2 to Season 3. Then back to poor in Season 4.
- Recycled In Space: Tails has a sequel to "Cash Explosion" called "Space Cash Explosion".
- The setting of Season 5 is basically Sonic for Hire IN SPACE.
- Red Shirt: If a member of Bomberman's family appears in this or Mega Man Dies at the End, they WILL die (usually by Soniqua).
- Reset Button: A literal example in Season 6's finale. It ends up turning everyone into pixels.
- Rhymes on a Dime: About a quarter of Knuckle's dialogue is formed by the phrase "<verb>ing and <verbing>." Frying and buying. Throwing and blowing. Following and swallowing.
- Ridiculous Exchange Rates: Rings might be worth something for Sonic and Tails, but they have a pretty poor exchange rate to coins. Pissed Earthworm Jim and Kirby off. Also made a running gag in Robotnik and Scribblenauts.
- Royal Brat: Alongside the treatment that he received from Sonic, Tails in Season 4 basically becomes this after getting rich. Heck, he even sets a bunch of money on fire for no reason at all.
- Running Gag: Tails in his convertible listening to loud music when Sonic tries to tell him something. He obviously doesn't give a shit.
- Soniqua also yelling out "Avocado!"
- Gilius Thunderhead's Ass Wine.
- Sadist Show: A major reason why more people, most notably the main characters, don't die more often is because it's much funnier watching them suffer.
- Seen It All: By season 7, Sonic, Jim, Tails, and Eggman part ways for an episode, having done everything they've wanted to do. However, all they can do now that they've done everything is to go on a spree of hedonism.
- Shoot the Hostage: The police thought that Shadow was taking in Sonic and his crew hostages, and they said "Come out or we'll shoot your hostages."
- Shoot the Shaggy Dog: From Wreck-it Ralph on, Sonic and Co. were trying to find the Creator so they could ask why he was messing with the universe. After pointless clues through Ralph, Dracula, Sir Arthur, and Link, they end up getting a right clue from Lowbrow Studios, which leads them to the real Creator. Once they find the Creator who is Dominique Wilkins, he orders Sonic to "kill his idol", which Sonic does before they can ask why he was messing with the universe. Looks like that question will never be answered.
- Shoddy Knockoff Product: Princess Potato.
- She become president in Sonic's alternate timeline
- Shout-Out: Has its own page.
- Snipe Hunt: After strange events happening in their universe, Tails suggests that the group should visit Wreck-it Ralph to get advice on what the strange happenings may be, as he too has "game jumped" and messed things up. Wreck-it Ralph, although mad at Sonic for fucking his sister, tells them that the "Creator" might be messing with the universe, and gives them a riddle that leads them to Dracula, who is a drunken vampire, and Sir Arthur, who is a depressed lunatic in the continuity. After Sir Arthur and Thunderhead give Sonic the "clue", they reach the Battletoads. The Battletoads tell Sonic and Co. that they were blindly following advice from two crazy characters, which makes Tails realize that Wreck-it Ralph told them wrong advice.
- Well Ralph said that he MAY help.
- In fact, this whole "Creator Hunt" may be a Snipe Hunt as well, as Link also misdirected Sonic and Co.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Soniqua is commonly misspelled as "Seniqua".
- Stalker with a Crush: Shown in "Wrestlemania". Everyone except for Mother Brain tends to act really "stalkerish" towards Sonic, especially Amy. After Sonic rejects her, Soniqua hits her with a chair.
- Status Quo Is God: No matter how successful Sonic gets, he'll always winds up back flat broke in his rundown apartment, with nothing but his poster.
- Stealth Pun/Title Drop: In "Contra", Tails takes over Sonic's position after he got put in the hospital from "Duck Hunt". He says that Sonic will still be around, but he'll be getting assigned jobs, so it would be more like "Sonic... for hire".
- Stockholm Syndrome: Princess Peach.
- Surrounded by Idiots: Tails, especially in the Link episode. Tails suggests looking for Princess Peach, but Link suggests margaritas, which everyone agrees with. Tails asks him to find the princess, but then at the end, they stop at the Margarita Manor. Everyone goes crazy over margaritas, while Tails gets really pissed and announces he hates the group.
- This is basically Sonic with Gilius Thunderhead in Season 4.
- And also Sonic in Season 5 in the episode "Destroy Venom" when EVEN TAILS OF ALL PEOPLE is screwing around.
- Squick: Sonic's response upon realizing that he had sex with Mother Brain.
- Also invoked as Sonic's thoughts upon Gilius Thunderhead wanting to get a condom full of wine from up his ass.
- Talking to Himself: Invoked in "The Avengers" that Tails and the narrator have the exact same voice. Sonic calls him the narrator and Tails looks at the screen and says "Cut to a new scene."
- And poked at again in "Rebuild" after Tails says they could say the right things to evolve from single pixels. Sonic, vexed, says "Ugh, must you narrate everything we do?"
- Take That: The Angry Birds of Season 2 are viewed as this.
- There's also a Take That against Michael Bay at the end of TMNT.
- Temporal Paradox: The end of Season 6 has this. Even after Sonic and Co fixed the Universe in Season 7, various temporal paradoxes have been going around, such as a huge pile of bricks appearing below an elevator, a sudden cat appearing in Sonic's apartment, and a girl that Sonic tried banging turning into various creatures before turning into Mother Brain.
- Timey-Wimey Ball: The rules are hard to define, and the various ways Tails tries to fix the timeline work on contradictory logic.
- The Mafia: Mario. Sonic becomes this after he kills him though. Doesn't really do a good job with it either. After getting beaten up by the Duck Hunt Dog, Tails takes over the position. After "It's On", Tails completely destroys the mafia. Now he has all the money.
- The Scrappy: Invoked in "The Avengers" as the team thinks that Hawkeye and Black Widow are worthless.
- Those Two Guys: As of "Tetris", Earthworm Jim (Who was actually pretty kind until Sonic stole his suit) and Dr. Eggman (Who was a jerkass for Season 1) are always seen together and they (usually Eggman) get struck by misfortune, including Soniqua throwing Earthworm Jim and scaring off Eggman.
- Toilet Humor: The first episode of Season 7 makes a lot of poop jokes ... specifically by Eggman.
- Token Evil Team Mate: Kirby.
- Too Dumb to Live: Gilius Thunderhead. Not only did he get sent to jail for a backfired attempt starting a bar, he screwed up Sonic by murdering a bunch of Final Fantasy characters that would've offered Sonic and Gilius a nice place to live.
- We also have Eggman who deep fries himself in a suit and then bites his own hand off thinking it's yummy.
- Luigi, who despite Sonic's warnings licks Frogger, ends up getting high, and runs headlong into open traffic. Ironically, Mario blames Sonic for his death, even though he sent the former to keep an eye on the hedgehog.
- Too Much Information: When Princess Potato talks about not getting enough info from Mario because they would only have sex for a short time. She goes way into detail about it.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: As of season 4 - Tails. Oh, so very much.
- Troll: The "Scribblenauts" episode in Season 4 is back-and-forth trolling between Sonic and Maxwell.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: Sonic.
- Verbal Tic: Soniqua says "Avacado" a lot. Enough so that a Pokémon Trainer calls her "Batshit Crazy Guacamole Nightmare."
- She types "Avocado Tits" in the "Scribblenauts" episode.
- After Mario fails to kill her, Soniqua says "Avocado a lot. Mario proceeds to give her a box of them hoping she would stop saying "Avocado". She doesn't, pissing off Mario pretty badly.
- Viewers Are Morons: Mario watches the news after killing Sonic and they say that there is total world peace. However, they say "Not since Oedipus freed Theseus from the Curse of the Sphinx ..." until being interrupted and told to "dumb it down a bit" (Assuming most viewers won't understand historical references), so he says "Not since Papa Smurf thwarted the Evil Gargamel ..." instead.
- Meta-example, as the viewers on Youtube have no idea about the continuity of the series.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: In-Universe with Soniqua, with not even her mother capable of telling her gender. (Although most videos show that she's female, "Pokémon" confirms that Soniqua is a girl) and Birdo (Especially after Sonic banged him/her).
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Frank the space worm.
- Villain Protagonist: Sonic veers closer and closer to this with each episode. Notably when Mario kills him there ends up being world peace. The transition is complete by season 7, where he doesn't even bother getting jobs anymore, he just goes around being a hedonistic dick.
- Wham Episode: Rise of The Plumber qualifies as one. For starters, Mario shoots Sonic in the head, killing him. This causes complete World Peace. However, Mario decides to take over the world, and uses the Epoch to bring his allies back.
- Season 1's "Kid Icarus" qualifies as one too. Sonic gets turned into an Eggplant and Sonic is actually stuck as an eggplant.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: In "Frogger", Mario decided to give Sonic another chance with not screwing up a job. Sonic said that he ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon and it would be delivered to Mario's (Sonic's in Season 3) office. It has never been mentioned since and the office is now destroyed as of Season 4.
- "Where Are They Now?" Epilogue: In the final episode. In order:
- Thunderhead and his Zombie Wife are living a happy life terrorizing local villages and making their own AssWine.
- Kirby is currently at large for murdering over 600,000 video game characters. He's considered the LeBron james of Hitlers.
- Motherbrain and Soniqua's show "Grossy and The Freak" is the #1 show on TV. Motherbrain married Alan Paterson, a pharmacutical rep at Phizer. They live on Mars.
- Knuckles never figured out how to make himself a full character again. He works 39 hours a week at Burger Time, he misses his boxing gloves.
- Link has become the biggest gay rights activist in Hyrule. And is currently the spokesman for Super Gay Margarita Mixers.
- Princess Potato passed out 3 days ago. Someone please check on her. We're worried.
- Eggman and Earthworm Jim opened a beachfront cafe in Dead or Alive. They're biggest selling item is the "Coke On Tits Breakfast Bonanza".
- Who's Laughing Now?: Tails becomes this in Season 4... even more of a jerkass than Eggman was in Season 1. After being in Sonic's shadow and being constantly ignored or ridiculed by him, Tails, usually in a convertible, screws up Sonic's already miserable life.
- At the end of The Red Carpet, Sonic pulls this one off at Tails by destroying the theater with his movie on it!
Sonic: Why did you think I let you be player one?! Sure, you'll get top billing... but it also means you, can, DIE.
- Your Head A Splode: When Sonic goes back in time and says that "Throwin' and blowin'" is just about as awesome as "Don't go there bi-otch", Knuckles gets so confused that it literally blows his mind.