Film: Kung Fury
*I'm a cop, from the future!"
Kung Fury is an over-the-top action comedy Short Film written and directed by David Sandberg and funded by Kickstarter. The movie features: arcade-robots, dinosaurs, nazis, vikings, norse gods, mutants and a super kung fu-cop called Kung Fury, all wrapped up in an 80s style action packed adventure. The film will be released for free on YouTube, sometime between the 22th and 29th of May, 2015.During an unfortunate series of events a friend of Kung Fury (a Kung Fu Renegade Cop) is assassinated by the most dangerous kung fu master criminal of all time; Adolf Hitler, a.k.a Kung Führer. Kung Fury decides to travel back in time, to Nazi Germany, in order to kill Hitler and end the Nazi empire once and for all.Here's its Kickstarter page and its trailer.It now has a music video, featuring David Hasselhoff.Kung Fury will be a part of the "Director's Fortnight" section of the 2015 Cannes Film Festival.
This film provides examples of:
- Anachronism Stew: The Viking Babe wields an Uzi.
- Badass Cape: The Vikings.
- Badass Driver: Kung Fury.
- Big Bad: Kung Führer a.k.a. Adolf Hitler.
- Cool Car: Kung Fury's Lamborghini Countach, the Viking Babe's DeLorean. Well, anything goes in a movie in which everything except for the characters and a few props is CGI.
- Cool Shades: Kung Fury wears sunglasses while speeding through the night in his Lamborghini.
- Cowboy Cop: Kung Fury.
- Da Chief: Kung Fury's boss.
- Everybody Was Kung-Fu Fighting: Including Hitler.
- Everything Is Better With Dinosaurs: Kung Fury and the Viking Babe ride a Tyrannosaurus rex.
- Gangsta Style: When the three street thugs kill Kung Fury's partner, the foremost one holds his gun sideways.
- Genre Throwback: To 80's Action and Kung-Fu films.
- Guns Akimbo: A "Lazor Invader" arcade machine robot wields two ray guns.
- Hitler's Time Travel Exemption Act: Doesn't apply to Kung Fu Renegade Cops.
- Hollywood Hacking: "I can hack you back in time to Nazi Germany, like a time machine."
- Horny Vikings: The Viking chick that Kung Fury meets once he travels back in time has a horned helmet, as does Thor.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Kung Fury shoots the killers of his partner from atop his Lamborghini. While it's flying at high speed. From a distance of probably several hundred yards. With a pistol.
- Kung-Foley: Pretty much to be expected.
- Made of Explodium: The cop car with Kung Fury's buddy inside explodes in a big ball of fire in mid-air after being shot by the three street gangsters.
- Ms. Fanservice: The Viking Babe thanks to her Breast Plate.
- One Handed Is Cool: The three gangsters. Also, the Viking Babe with her Uzi.
- Protagonist Title: Kung Fury is his actual name.
- Ramp Jump: Kung Fury in his Lamborghini.
- Retraux: Filmed deliberately in green screen to get the old 80's film effect.
- Rule of Cool: Practically runs on it, one of the delinquents flips a police car in the air with a skateboard and Kung Fury himself kills the three delinquents by driving his car into the air, then going on top the of the car and shooting all of them in mid air.
- Summon Bigger Fish: Kung Fury's plead with the Viking Babe to help him causes her to summon Thor, the God of Thunder to help them kill Hitler and the Nazis.
- Those Wacky Nazis: Take a wild guess.
- World of Badass: Street gangsters able to catapult a police cruiser dozens of feet through the air, living arcade cabinets with laser guns, viking babes with uzis and miniguns riding on a T rex, Kung Fu Hitler, and of course David Hasselhoff.