open/close all folders
Films — Animated
- The ending of Atlantis: The Lost Empire (happens right after the Bookends), with an Atlantean flying machine obscuring the camera.
- Open Season ends with a rabbit thrown at the camera.
- Cars ends with a VW Beetle flying into the camera just right after we see the minivan couple still lost in the desert they were in.
- The Spin-Off movie, Planes, ends with Repainted!Dusty and Skipper flying at the camera. But, given that this is a movie about flying vehicles, it's highly expected.
- The Incredibles inverts, by finishing with the camera "flying" at Mr. Incredible's Chest Insignia.
- Hiro and Baymax do this at the end of Big Hero 6 as well as at the end of the closing credits, right before The Stinger.
Films — Live-Action
- Back to the Future:
- Casper ends with Casper flying up to the camera, winking, spelling out "The End", then the friendly ghost apparently trying to devour the audience.
- Serenity has a chunk of the titular ship flying at the camera.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy ends with The Heart of Gold flying at the camera and engaging the Infinite Improbability Drive. The visual effects used for the drive mean the very last thing we see is Douglas Adams' head.
- Batman Forever and Batman & Robin both end with Batman and co. running past a light to the camera in homage to the beginning of the 1960's series
- Batman Begins ends with Batman swinging off a rooftop and into the camera.
- The end of The Matrix. Downplayed as he flies by the camera before it goes black, thus slightly averting its path.
- The feather in Forrest Gump
- To many fans' horror, the Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ends with a freeze frame of Harry flying at the camera, so his giant face is smushed across the screen. See page image.
- The Evil Dead (1981) inverts this with the camera flying at Bruce Campbell at the end.
- The end of Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian ends with an old fashioned biplane flying at the camera.
- Ghostbusters (1984) ends with Slimer flying at the camera.
- One of the endings of Paranormal Activity is demon-possessed Katie attacking the camera.
- Danny Zuko's car at the end of Grease
- In The Stinger of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Jack the Undead Monkey charges at the camera.
- Daredevil throws his weapon into the camera at the end off the movie.
- The original ending to Little Shop of Horrors featured Audrey II bursting through the screen to devour the audience.
- The first Spider-Man ends with Spidey swinging at the camera.
- At the end of the first Fantastic Four movie, Johnny does this after recreating the team's Chest Insignia in the sky. Subverted in that the movie actually ends after a minute or so, following a sequence where Doctor Doom's return is foreshadowed through an incredibly eerie Sequel Hook.
- Resident Evil: Retribution ends with a dragon flying at the camera.
- The Amazing Spider-Man ends with Spidey swinging through a region of New York after jumping from a crane, he then shoots a web-line as the moon shows clearly behind Peter in slow motion.
Live Action TV
- The last episode of The Vicar of Dibley ends with Geraldine flying into the air and towards the camera. Yeah.
- Smallville: The finale ends with Clark ripping off his shirt to reveal the Superman suit and charging at the camera.
- Warrior ends with Chloe firing an arrow at the camera.
- Star Trek: Voyager concluded at least two episodes this way:
- In one, Janeway and Seven end up playing a game on the holodeck that involves knocking a floating disk around using hand phasers. Eventually, one shot finds the camera.
- After Chakotay frees Voyager from "chaotic space" with some help from the local aliens, he ends up taking some time out for boxing on the holodeck. Boothby coaches him to make an adjustment to KO his opponent; then we get the second-person point of view as Chakotay punches said opponent in the face.
- Kamen Rider Kiva ends with the protagonist's Kid from the Future appearing with future monsters hot on his heels. Kiva, Dark Kiva, Ixa, Future Kiva and the Arms Monsters all leap into the air for another fight, with everyone freezing just before Kiva Rider Kicks the camera.
- The third season of Game of Thrones ends with Drogon, one of Daenerys' three dragons, flying at the camera with a resounding screech.
- The ending sequences to many 2D Sonic the Hedgehog games feature Sonic (or Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream) jumping towards the player and posing while suspended in air. Sonic the Hedgehog 2's ending is the most notable in which both Tails's plane and (Super)Sonic fly away from the player only to come back head first.
- This remake of said ending does it right.
- No Mercy in Left 4 Dead.
- Some of the Gradius games end like this.
- LEGO Harry Potter recreates the final scene from the third movie, but takes it further and ends with Harry in orbit.
- Super Metroid has Samus's gunship flies into the camera right before closing with a "See you next mission."
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon ends with Spyro and Cynder happily flying around in Avalar, then swoop in towards the camera.
- Vexx ends with the title character punching the camera (presumably a shadow wraith) in the face, leaving us with just the title logo.
- After the camera pans up during the ending to Pokémon X and Y, a Fletchling flies by and into the camera. Cut to black, and the credits roll. Doubles as a Brick Joke, as it mirrors how the player was woken up by their mom's Fletchling at the start of the game.
- The last episode of Justice League Unlimited ends with Batman running into the screen.
- The 2009 DC Universe animated Wonder Woman feature has Wonder Woman charging into the camera as she is ready to take on the Cheetah.
- Batman: Mask of the Phantasm ends with Batman swinging towards the screen so that his black cape covers the entire screen.
- The Simpsons episode "Bye Bye, Nerdie" ends with Francine (a girl bully in which Lisa befriends in the episode who for some reason attacks only nerds and no one else because she is attracted to their sweat glands, and later on Lisa uses her for her science project because of this) charging at the camera after beating up several scientists at a science fair.
- Francine: I hate you!
- Magical Mystery Cure, the final episode of Season 3 of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic ends with Twilight Sparkle flying into the camera.
- Optimus Prime does this in the finale of Transformers Armada.
- The ending scene of "The Sum of His Parts" in Teen Titans has Cyborg chucking a football at a young boy with a prosthetic arm and telling him to "go long". The football flies into the vicinity of the camera, but doesn't actually hit it.