Premiering on Warner DVD in 2010, Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare
revolves around the gang becoming counselors at Camp Little Moose, a run-down summer camp that Fred remembers fondly from his childhood. When they arrive, they discover that the local campfire stories have been coming true, from the Ax-Crazy
Woodsman to the screeching ghost of a lost hiker, and a monstrous fish-man in the lake. It's up to the gang to solve this mystery, but can they do it before the monsters find what they're looking for?
This film has been received relatively well, mostly for its darker take on the monsters, multiple Crowning Moments of Awesome
for every member of the Scooby gang, and an extremely interesting and mildly complicated plot on the part of the villains.
This movie provides examples of:
- The Ace: Luke.
- Actor Allusion: A reclusive goth girl with purple hair and voiced by Tara Strong who gradually opens up to the caring people around her? That's so Raven.
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: Camp Big Moose has "cheaters, schemers, and...hot counselors!"
- Axe Crazy: Played extremely straight with the Woodsman.
- Big Dam Plot
- Chekhov's Skill: The zipline
- Cherry Tapping: Fred pushes the Woodsman out of a clock tower window by pressing his nose like a button.
- Comically Missing the Point: Velma is told to "just stand and look pretty". Daphne's response? "He thinks you're pretty!"
- Conspicuous CG: Many scenes are pretty obvious.
- Emo Teen/Perky Goth: Trudy has the makings of both.
- She started out Emo, but Velma's encouragement helped bring Trudy out of her shell. Out of the four members of the gang, Velma is a natural at being a counselor.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Baby-Face Boretti has no problem with destroying a dam / lake to find some treasure, as long as nobody drowns when the resulting flood annihilates Camp Little Moose.
- Of course, not having to worry about a murder charge just makes it easier to relax once he gets the treasure.
- Family-Unfriendly Death: The campfire story in the beginning has the villain fall off a cliff and smash into every rock on the way down.
- Fanservice: Both Daphne and Velma in swimwear.
- Fish People: The Fish Man is called such, but he's more of a crocodile with some fins and the ability to stand up.
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: "Canoeing up Schmitz Creek without a paddle..."
- Hey, It's That Voice!: Aside from Frank Welker, Grey DeLisle, and Dee Bradley Baker (obvious regulars in the franchise for many years now), Tara Strong, Scott Menville, and Lauren Tom all have main character roles, using their exact voices from Teen Titans. Mark Hamill also has a few characters, including the Big Bad of the movie.
- Meganekko: Velma and Trudy pull this off as a pair.
- No Kill Like Overkill: The Woodsman's death in the beginning campfire story.
- Our Banshees Are Louder: And they crossdress, too!
- Shaggy Search Technique: Shaggy, Scooby and Deacon go flying head first into the RV everyone was seeking.
- Stalker with a Crush: The ranger investigating the destruction of Camp Little Moose flirts with Velma. She is revolted by it.
- Sunken City: The lake in Camp Big Moose has the remnants of an old town sunken in it.
- Who Is Driving?: Scooby-Doo is driving! How can this be? (He drives well, at that.)
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: A given, considering the location, but Daphne and Jessica's are by far the shortest.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair: Trudy