Characters: Trinity Tourney OCT
open/close all folders
NPC's for this tournament were created by judges WeBgHoSt, Kitsune-Klepto, and Kiku-Okassu. This list includes the main NPC's as well as other characters appearing throughout the plot of the tournament.
The Champions: Mondshein, Lottatelum, Gebroken-OgenMondshein/Shade
- Karmic Trickster: Mondshein easily fills the role of Sarun's local trickster, having a fair fondness for pulling pranks and causing (usually-harmless) trouble. It should be noted, however, that as much mischief as she loves causing, her greatest ploys are usually targeted at those who have caused trouble in the past or displayed traits of selfishness, haughtiness, and the like.
- Shed the Family Name: Because his father is the reason for his Big Screwed-Up Family, he uses the last name of his adoptive father.
- The Unfavourite: His father favorited Guardian, who got slightly less of his abuse than Gebroken.
- Bookworm: He loves learning so much that he has a penchant for staying up all night reading. On top of that he also owns Suspendisse Spiritus, Sarun's local bookstore.
- Must Have Caffeine: Despite his attempts to deny it, he's addicted to coffee. He's almost never seen without a mug of it (or a caffeinated substitue) handy. Can't find him in his shop? Check the café, as he's undoubtedly getting a refill.
- Necromancer: Although he avoids raising the dead, Azul can see and talk with ghosts, among other things.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Azul is particular about dying his hair blue, and is quite obsessed with the color.
- Amplified Animal Aptitude: Digger is noted to be intelligent and sentient. This includes feeling human-like emotions. Barring his Animal Talk (although he is rumoured to be capable of human speech), he is even capable of carrying a coherent conversation.
- Cute Mute/The Speechless: John cannot actually talk verbally due to being born mute. His means of communication, though, is through writing what he wants to say or tell on a notepad.
The Doctor, Shane
- Super Doc: The doctors' skills in magic and healing make him extraordinary at his profession.
- Giant Spider: Traversing the Spider's Cave to get Aras' venom was one of the tasks assigned in the second round.
- Everyone Calls Him Barkeep: He was never seen early on in the tournament, so the mischief he caused in Suspendisse Spiritus was simply passed off as being an effect of "the shop quirk," which became his name during that time.
- Poltergeist: Prior to Round 3, Neil simply played out his role as "Quirk," usually by moving books around, opening and closing doors, and causing other mischief.
- Special Guest/The Cameo: The General's actual name and identity is Terrance. Aka, Terra. In order to keep from bringing more trouble to the tournament, he kept his identity a secret by staying mainly as a "Gravehound" and changed his Weapon of choice accordingly.
- Shape Shifter Mode Lock: Self-Enforced, in this case. It's subverted that he stays as a Gravehound for any trips outside of the kingdom—within the boundaries, he can just change back using another method.
- Creepy Doll: There is something eerie about this possessed pegasus plush. Turns out it's possessed by the ghost of Featherwind, a former champion.
- Blow You Away
- Deadpan Snarker: When MPP isn't being serious, it can get a bit sarcastic.
- Ax-Crazy: Due to the Mist during round 4, Featherwind got temporarily driven into this kind of insanity.
- Happily Married: she is Theo's Wife, and even in death, they still have a happy Marriage.
- The Lost Lenore: For Gebroken.
- Missing Mom: To Gebroken and Guardian.
Venom's Death/Johnathan Rendestel
- All There in the Manual: It isn't brought up often in the main Storyline, but if you know her Creator or look in certain materials, She is Alto's Girlfriend. In the oneshot she is brought up in, there are hints of this in a... Interesting Way.
- Daddy's Girl: And Uncle's Niece. She loves her uncle and father very much, despite the way she may act.
- Early-Bird Cameo: She'll be entered into Devil's Shadow.
- Grandfather Paradox: Alyssa would've been in Sarun during the tournament, had it been not for one little tiny complication— the Tournament happens in a timeline in her Uncle and father's (and mother's) past —to Avert this, she doesn't go with Shauri to that past part of Sarun, only intervening through John's dreams and only appearing if things get really bad, Which hasn't happened....Yet.
- The Ghost: She's this In-Universe, only mentioned on spare occassions and, aside from Shauri and Alto, doesn't have any connections or the like in Sarun. Very Much Justified that she is avoiding Sarun completely—See Grandfather Paradox Above.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Tends to mix her swearing with her conversations when annoyed, but doesn't curse in polite company.
- The Grim Reaper: what he's Known as in human history. He—and his children, the Fate Spirits, from youngest (ones born from human spirits) to oldest(mainly pure-born spirits)—are destiny guiders and Psychopomps respectively. In short, he's their father, and their boss with respective jobs.
- A Form You Are Comfortable With: When he's first introduced, he takes on a Deliberately Monochrome form of John's Father to talk to him without John getting uncomfortable. all Fate spirits can shapeshift like this, though like Father Fate, some forms keep them monochrome in color.
Lost in Round 1
Chiinu, Ketsuki, Rose Invidia
lost to Shause, Karen, and TinChiinu DiavolKetsuki DiavolRose Willow Invidia
Sonya, Alexander, Fence
lost to Team New WorldsSonya VaylorAlexander
- Manipulative Bastard: Even if he's your friend, Alexander won't hesitate to mess with your head just for the fun of it.
- Master Poisoner: Whether he's coating his knives with it or slipping it to his opponents, Alexander's favorite method of attacks always involve poison.
- Silk Hiding Steel: Fence has a temper, but usually seems pretty calm - she's just not bothered by much.
Chaospunk: Niphadora, Fang, DEE
lost to Team VarietyClaire N. Shadowren (Niphadora)
Nero Os. FangDeedra HT
- Shapeshifter Default Form: Like her fiancé, Niphadora can transform into a human, and rarely takes on her real form with people around.
Team Hindenburger: Col. Hindenburger, Von Tock, Ludwig
lost to Team Average Joes
Colonel Claus Von HindenburgerGeneral Heinrich Von TockMajor Ludwig Von Veizatun
- Gratuitous German: "ACHTUNG!!! STALAG, ICH BIN EIN BERLINER! DAS REICHSTAG GOTTERDAMMERUNG!!!!"
- Those Wacky Nazis: It doesn't get much wackier than Nazi crocodiles ruling a fascist fast food empire with a (sometimes literal) iron fist.
- Gestapo: Ludwig is in charge of the secret police for Transfatylvania's resident Nazi fry cook empire.
- Ominous Pipe Organ: How could a sneering, sharp-toothed fascist crocodile get even MORE creepy? By having a passion for playing the pipe organ, of course!
Team Hothead: Casper, Moss, Mr. Smithy
lost to The CrewCasperMoss
- Blob Monster: Moss is a sort of blob monster composed entirely of water.
- Turned Against Their Masters: Moss was created by a lonely traveling magician, but hated him, eventually abandoning the magician and joining up with Casper.
The Eurasian Oddities: Danielle, Enda, Vurr
lost to The Free-Spirited FreemenDanielle Anderson
- Shapeshifter Baggage: Danielle averts this by being limited in how large or small a form she can take.
- Unstable Genetic Code: Danielle absorbs bits of DNA from people and animals she comes in contact with, allowing her to restructure her body at will based on the DNA she's collected.
The Soldiers: Hank, Tomo, Frank
lost to Maria, Styx, and YukiHank Andrew Anderson Tide
Tomo HaruhiFrancisco "Frank" Diego
- Our Weapons Will Be Boxy in the Future: For advanced weaponry Hanks pistol isn't much more than a square with a trigger. The sub-machine gun does have some curve to it but it's still pretty bulky.
The Tesla Hunters: Hard Rock, Ruli, Wallace
lost to King, Merula, and WolfboyHard Rock
- Gentle Giant: At least to his friends.
- The Silent Bob: He never speaks - ever. It can make him more intimidating or untrustworthy to his companions, but he also has been known to communicate through drawing on a notepad.
- Doomed Hometown: Although she had been forbidden to leave the forest of her people, it was ravaged by slave traders. While looking for more of her kind, she began to learn more about the outside world.
- Our Fairies Are Different: She can create her wings to fly, use fairy dust to boost her punches, and even use her powers to summon throwing knives.
- Shock and Awe: His powers center around Thunder Magic.
- Sleepy Head: Wallace, the laziest member of the Tesla Hunters organization, loves to sleep and tends to hate anything that interrupts him from doing so.
Team Dead Men Walking: Toxic Cowboy, Thaddeus, Marcello
lost to The AgencyElijah Greene (Toxic Cowboy)
Thaddeus BellatoniMarcello Nitesh
- Healing Factor: Thanks to being injected with a toxic serum, his body can regenerate tissue absurdly fast - a great help whenever he is injured.
- The Marine: Where he was elected to serve shortly prior to becoming injected with the toxic serum.
- Took a Level in Badass: He's been trained in the US Army Rangers.
- I Am a Monster: He's often treated this way, even being forced to sleep in the stables upon arrival in Sarun.
- Sliding Scale of Anthropomorphism: Being of a human-like mind and capable of speech, but appearing as an upright-walking horse, Marcello ends up somewhere in the middle.
Team Tsunami: Miriel, Malosh, Negative
lost to The MusiciansMiriel CasreliOrwell MalotiasNegative
- Blob Monster: Negative's Shapeshifter Default Form looks like an enormous, moving mound of sludge.
- Choke Holds: Its main form of attack is attempting to smother or constrict its opponent.
- Shape Shifter: Can take the form of anything at all. If it is emulating someone because it likes them, it may invert their color scheme.
Alex, Dark, Rose
lost to Team Super Squad UltraAlexanderDarkRose
Leslie, Chrome, Nina
lost to Rock, Paper, and ScissorsLeslie MaybridgeSylvester "Chrome" EdgeNina Mohiyashu
The Superheroes: Blazer, Blazette, Tectonic
lost to Team ChanceBrad Griffith (Blazer)Diana Strader (Blazette)Dustin Reed (Tectonic)
Erinyes: Alyx, Rin, Madi
lost to The Vedatre GroupAlyx
- Badass Longcoat: The coat Alyx wears is particularly long and badass, and comes with its very own Dramatic Wind (which is made even easier than usual by having a wind mage referee handy).
- Guns Akimbo: Alyx doesn't wield a badass gun. She wields two. At the same time.
- Power Fist: Rin wields a pair of massive gauntlets that can be used for both offense and defense and act as a conductors for her pyromancy.
Teagan, Huntress, Kami
lost to Ariadne, Peg, and ItaTeagan
- Master of Illusion: Teagan can use his magical abilities to craft illusions to manipulate others.
Shirotsuki, Blaze, Shadow
lost to Team Steam JunkShirotsukiBlazeShadow
Lost in Round 2
Ariadne, Peg, Ita
won against Teagan, Huntress, and Kami
lost to Maria, Styx, and YukiHeathrow Delia AriadneHarbinger Aloysius Pandora (Peg)Ita
- Vegetarian Vampire: Cursed with an appetite for blood, Ita does her best to keep her cravings at bay, even biting herself as a last resort to tide her over.
The Agency: Fia, Aimee, Saxen
won against Team Dead Men Walking
lost to King, Merula, and WolfboyFiametta Montgomery CrawfordAimee BlackSaxen Crawford
Team Average Joes: Mr. Red, Jason Light-Weaver, Flagon
won against Team Hindenburger
lost to Team Super Squad UltraMr. RedJason Light-WeaverFlagon
- Distracted by the Sexy: He has a weakness for pretty ladies... even Mondshein apparently, whose face is hidden by a mask.
- Our Dwarves Are All the Same: Flagon is in many ways what you'd expect a dwarf to be like. Well, he IS from the city of Dwarvenholm.
Team Chance: Chance, Vincent, Ginko
won against The Superheroes
lost to Team Steam JunkChance R. Garcia
Vincent L. GarciaGinko Lost
- Brought Down to Badass: Chance finds himself disconnected with his usual power source when he arrives in Sarun, forcing him to hold back on how much energy he uses. This doesn't make him any less badass come match time.
Team New Worlds: Vade, Zach, Rose
won against Sonya, Alexander, Fence
lost to The CrewVade QuinceZachary DragonclawRose
- I Work Alone: After the demon Vaniros, who possessed her mate, cursed Rose, causing her to lose her son, she decides to avoid forming companionship to keep others safe from herself.
- Involuntary Shapeshifter: When her son killed Vaniros, he cursed Rose so that she is unable to control her bloodlust form. When she is in this form, she only runs on the basic instinct to kill the prey that she will see everyone as.
Paper, Scissors, Rock
won against Leslie, Chrome, Nina
lost to Team VarietyPaper
- Paper Master: It probably isn't too surprising that the man made of paper wields paper.
The Musicians: Zilyana, Orion, Casey
won against Team Tsunami
lost to The Vedatre Group
Zilyana NexOrion ProcyonCassiopeia "Casey" Lake
- Magic Music: Each of the Musicians has a variety of spells at their disposal, each of which is triggered by completing a specific song.
- Slipknot Ponytail: Since the needles she uses to secure her hair transform into her violin, this is inevitable.
Shause, Karen, Tin
won against Chiinu, Ketsuki, Rose Invidia
lost to The Free-Spirited FreemenShauseKarenTin
Team Super Squad Ultra: Everatt, Theo Rayford, Akira
won against Alex, Dark, and Rose
won against Team Average Joes
Quarterfinalist - lost to The Free-Spirited FreemenEveratt LeonardTheodore Alexander RayfordAkira Tetsuya
- Vampire Invitation: His enchanted sandals come with a curse that prevents him from entering a settlement or inhabited building without first being invited.
Team Equally Destructive: Maria, Styx, Yuki
won against The Soldiers
won against Ariadne, Peg, and Ita
Quarterfinalist - lost to King, Wolfboy, and MerulaMaria
- Broken Bird: As broken as her mental state is, it's not her fault. Blame Hitler.
- Dark Magical Girl: Not that Maria knows what she is exactly, but magical girl is probably as close as you're going to get. Although she certainly isn't a force for good.
- Deliberately Cute Child: A by-product of Maria's Manipulative nature and small size. But when you've outlived your usefulness she turns to her true nature.
- Feel No Pain: Maria takes it a step closer to Masochism in that she feels pain as pleasure.
- Little Miss Con Artist: Maria prides herself on taking advantage of others.
- Mary Sue: Or at least hiurro seems to think so. Even if none of the other contestants agree.
- Really 700 Years Old: Well 83, but that's only 617 year off. The point still stands that she looks especially 12 today.
- Super Soldier: Maria's powers are the result of WWII Nazi super soldier research.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Or at least purple
- Ring of Power: Both Styx and Yuki have these. They serve as a convenient carrying case for their scythes.
- Sinister Scythe: The default weapon when you work as a ferryman.
- Sir Swearsalot: Styx has a bit of a foul mouth, especially in comparison to Yuki. Although Maria could probably give her some healthy competition.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Green hair is pretty cool too, though.
Team Variety: Sadie, Rafi, David "Isabella"
won against Team Chaospunks
won against Rock, Paper, and Scissors
Quarterfinalist - lost to Team Steam JunkSadie
Rafi GaerDavid "Isabella" Travailleur
- Facial Markings: Sadie has two arrows pointing downward from her eyes on her face, almost like tattoos, that have come from the Belt of a Thousand Demons. If she puts on the belt, they will glow.
- Clingy Costume: David's dress is one, much to his dismay. He can't remove it, and thanks to the enchantment on it, he can't ask anyone else to remove it either.
- Meaningful Name: "Travailleur," French for "worker," is indicative of his status as a servant to the Chouette family.
- Spontaneous Weapon Creation: The magical dress David wears allows him to summon up any common household item at a mere thought.
The Crew: Finnigan, Kirby, Bee
won against Team Hothead
won against Team New Worlds
Quarterfinalist - lost to The Vedatre GroupFinniganKirby
- Animal Stereotypes: Kirby is a hybrid of a dragon and a cat, with a cat-like curiosity that leads to him being lured away and captured by the Mist Claws in the third round.
The Vedatre Group: Zuru, Shiroko, Dai
won against The Erinyes
won against The Musicians
won against The Crew
Semifinalist - Lost to King, Wolfboy, and MerulaZuru
- Counterfeit Cash: Zuru can and has used his illusionary abilities to fool people with fake money, leaving his victims to find rocks, leaves, and a shortage of cash in the till later.
- Cunning Like a Fox: Considering that Zuru is a fox...
- Super Doc: She's a doctor with a very good reputation.
The Steam Junk Team: Austere, LancRose, Zee
won against Shirotsuki, Blaze, and Shadow
won against Team Chance
won against Team Variety
Semifinalist - Lost to the Free-Spirited Freemen"Austere" Asher Austoin
Estevan Marshall LancRose
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Austere is displeased that such a clever reader as you—as you most certainly are clever, he's sure—would be unable to spare the time for tea and to listen to his perfected art of lengthy nonsense. Not that he's known to drink tea, because he's fairly certain that tea is not his usual beverage. Unless, of course, it is and he just hasn't realized it. Maybe he's really been... note
- Elemental Hair: Generating electricity makes his hair stand on end.
- The Friend Nobody Likes: It’s made obvious that though he’s the team captain as per his own declaration, he’s only there because his “friends” think it’ll be useful to have a generator bot on their team.
- Harmful to Touch: He has an electric generator built inside of him, and he isn't insulated.
- No Sense of Direction: Not only does Austere have little sense of direction, but he tends to wander a lot. This becomes an obvious nightmare for his teammates come match time.
- Psycho Electro: “Oh, my team and I aren’t robots! Well, not entirely. We’re bots. Without the ‘ro.’ It’s a common misconception, kind of like confusing chairs with tables.”
- Agent Peacock: In Touch with His Feminine Side, obsessed with his hair, and The Gunslinger of the team.
- Ambiguously Gay: Although he can seem like he's living in a Transparent Closet, he is also shown to be quite close to Zee and a female friend from his past.
- Flawed Prototype: And, boy is it a chip on his shoulder.
- Inferiority Superiority Complex: LancRose's self-deprecating paranoia of being considered outdated often clashes with his outward arrogance.
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Starting with a Traumatic Haircut in the first round, his hair ends up changing colour (and sometimes length) with each day over the course of the tournament.
- The Proud Elite: Because of his upbringing, not because of any dashing good looks or redeeming qualities. He's not even nice to "waiters."
- The Short Guy with Glasses: Except that he is the oldest rather than the youngest, he fits this trope perfectly. He even “often wears green” if you count his hair. Although since LancRose has mechanical eyes and ought to have perfect vision, no one is really sure what's with the pince-nez …
- Yandere: As heartless as he can be, a lack affection from him might be better than the alternative. At least, it would have been in Francesca's case:
- When his motivations for joining the tournament are revealed, it seems he might be treating Zee this way as well, though to a lesser extent.
The Free-Spirited Freemen: Rufus, Bennett, MaryCreator: LavinaArrow
won against The Eurasian Oddities
won against Shause, Karen, and Tin
won against Team Super Squad Ultra
won against The Steam Junk Team
won against King, Merula, and Wolfboy
- Fish out of Temporal Water: The Free-Spirited Freemen are lost in time, with these three currently much farther into the future than their own time period.
- The Five-Man Band: Or six in their case, but they are currently looking for the others.
- Achey Scars: A large scar runs across Rufus' back and shoulder which makes for a paralyzing weak point. He is often seen massaging this shoulder and is careful not to raise his arm too high.
- The Lancer of the Five-Man Band. And Bennett will constantly remind him he is not The Leader.
- Master of Illusion: Rufus' skill at casting illusions is shown many times throughout the rounds of the tournament.
- Squishy Wizard: Rufus is an archer with powerful offensive magical attacks. However, hand-to-hand combat or defense seems best left to his other teammates.
King, Wolfboy, Merula
won against The Tesla Hunters
won against The Agency
won against Maria, Styx, and Yuki
won against The Vedatre Group
lost to The Free-Spirited Freemen
- Charm Person: One of Domino's magical abilities is to manipulate the thoughts of another person.
- Facial Markings: The three diamonds under his left eye are indicative of the three magical abilities that he has gained.
- Light Is Not Good: Domino's owl wings and demeanor can make him seem extremely trustworthy and almost angelic. Long story short, he's not.
- Meaningful Name: "Chouette" is french for "owl".
- Your Soul Is Mine: He can capture a person's soul in his mind, and use it to control their senses.
- The Medic: Jason was formerly a doctor, and his soul-using abilities will help to heal others. He's shown to be a Super Doc as well, as his soul-based rather than magical powers have more of an effect trying to combat the plague on Merula than magic.
The Medieval TrioCarverMasterWheezy
The Missing Freemen
- Hidden in Plain Sight: The other three members of the Free-Spirited Freemen were not in the tournament, but disguised themselves as the Medieval Trio to help save the others from the White Boar Mages by seeming to work with them. As a result, the trio were largely believed to be villains upon their appearance in the middle of the tournament, even by the very ones who were looking for them.
- Younger Than They Look: Nameless looks 20, even though she's only 12, due to her thylacine DNA accelerating her growth.
- Abusive Parents: Or rather, parent - as the son of the witch Gwen, he was brought into existence basically because his mother wanted a free slave.
- Electronic Eyes: Also function as a camera of sorts, giving him an actual "photographic" memory.
- Impeded Messenger: Sven finds his way to Sarun to tell the Steam Junk Team that the organization they are all a part of is under attack, but is initially stopped from telling anyone by LancRose.
- Stockholm Syndrome: Sven ended up joining with Austere's organization after he was kidnapped by them.
- Tag Along Kid
The White Boar MagesFowlerWarrik