Hi There! my Handle's Webs SOTE, but you can Call me Webs. Everyone does, at least on the Internet here
. I am in the midsts of my senior year here in High School. SOTE stands for S
arth. Don't ask--it's something only my friends would actually get.
I am the one of the Hosts, of course, of Trinity Tourney OCT
. I am very shy around people, but pretty nice to be around once I get to know you. just Don't get on my nerves, Please.
I try to avoid conflict, but I get really, really ugly when I'm angry.
This is still a work in progress for anybody just stumbling upon it, Please Pardon my Dust
as I work on this page of mine. thanks! (as a note, stuff about my own characters is noted here as well in folders with their names. spoilers pertaining to them are covered up, so just as a warning to those who aren't my friends or are contestants who find this page And don't want to be spoiled, you know not to highlight em.
open/close all folders
Enjoys and Surfs the items in these Tropes:
- Pokémon: as in the Game Series, loves the movies as well. Current Games played: Pokemon Black2and White 2.
- Digimon: Rare pleasure to do so as of late. made my own Fake digis.
- Kingdom Hearts: And IT SHOWS. Current game is Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, got started on this series by finding a GBA Version of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories in a demolished Gameboy advance father picked up off the road on a trip...(which, if remembered correctly, actually still could turn on. the game was unscathed too)
- Cybersix: Newest found for her. only seen the cartoon—Can't Read French
- Trinity Tourney OCT: surfs and helps edit, mainly with any of her characters involved. ...having to refrain from putting in spoilers on that page due to that despite using the spoiler tag, the Nutjar Contestants would look anyways.
- Disney Stuff, especially the theme parks and most movies. The attraction is probably due to her love of Fantasy genres and fairytales.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: a Pegasister, and likes the designs and colors of the show as well as the stories. trying to make a fanfic for it, but it's come to a slow grind due to a lot of work.
- Literature. especially fantasy Fiction. A major bookworm, and a fast reader—can finish books IN A DAY.
- Video Games. likes games with a good story, or just trivial ones that keep her attention. Logic ones, too.
Tropes that Generally relate to the Troper:
- Bookworm: I love to Read, as stated before. I finish a book in a day due to it. it's one of my hobbies aside from Writing and Drawing.
- Heroic Neutral: I'm normally a good person, I'd rather help people than harm...as long as they don't get on my nerves.
- Brown Eyes
- Curtains Match the Window
- Beware the Nice Ones: Don't take kindness for weakness. I've got plenty of Switches, and I really won't hesitate to be blunt.
- Berserk Button: I'm pretty relatable, and I'm usually laid back. Just don't Act like an Idiot or deliberately get on my nerves. Talking about me behind my back never works Well. (I have good ears when I hear my name). Fights and gossip over petty things, online and in real life, often pushes it way too far.
- Named After Somebody Famous: All depends if you ever read the X-men Comics. My real first and middle name come from two characters featured in them.
- The Quiet One: I never say a word unless talked to. I'm more chatty around people older than me.
- Surrounded by Idiots/ Only Sane Man: . . .I think that describes itself.
Below this folder are folders for my characters, and the tropes that describe 'em. since I have a whole bunch stewing in my head
, the ones listed here are the ones that I usually use along with tropes from alternate universe Ideas for them.
Webs Real Name - Ilvalia Vanguard
The main flagship (and mostly used) character. A traveler by any other trade, Webs often helps others in need when she can, and is normally laid back, willing to watch things unfold before intervening. She is (read: was) an apprentice to Madame Katlin, and serves as her representative in more...political or official affairs where the Madame in question is unable to attend. Her past and background is a mystery to all but her closest friends and/or companions, and revealing it to one in full means she considers that person apart of such a circle
. She carries the title 'Princess of the Dark' / 'Princess of Darkness', something she never reveals unless asked directly in a serious confrontation or debate.
Has a Pokémon
Trainer AU version.
Tropes describing Webs in General:
- Action Girl: Very much so, even if her more laid back/formal attitude might say otherwise.
- Adorably Precocious Child: What she turned out to be after the accident she had prior to becoming Katlin's apprentice. While she still acted cheerful like she was before, her energy was much more muted and she was more mature for her age. Prior to meeting any of her friends, she was extremely withdrawn and barely said a word to anyone.
- Adorkable: This normally comes into play when she's hanging out with her friends, but it doesn't stop her from squeeing at the occasional cute thing (or gushing over something) when it comes up. She has this in spades when it comes to her Pokémon Trainer version.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Webs isn't The Princess of the Dark and The Champion of Strength for nothing.
- Amazonian Beauty/Statuesque Stunner: Has this when she bothers to clean herself up for something. Tends to be Downplayed, however.
- Back-to-Back Badasses: Many of Webs' friends are her combat partners, making this inevitable when paired with one of them.
- Badass: See Authority Equals Asskicking above.
- Barrier Maiden: She is the Princess of the Dark, her heart is 'The Key In-Between', but she mainly subverts this trope as Webs is unaware of the latter—she interprets the former as to actively help and defend the others as well as try to maintain the balance.
- Berserk Button: Don't insult, threaten or even imply hurting someone she cares about. Joking about it too much will prompt her to be very verbal, actually doing it is signing a death wish.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Even at times where she is snarky or sarcastic, Webs is kind, friendly, and usually trusting, and normally thinks positive of others. Betray her trust, or piss her off enough, And you're going to see just how much she'll either screw you over or outright wreck you.
- Big Sister Instinct: she tends to bond and grow attached to people younger than her, considering them as siblings, and often uses this instinct to protect them and/or care for them. this is something that has rubbed off on her due to a promise she made to herself, and that of her own big brother, who was a tad more protective.
- Big Eater: Usually downplayed, but Webs can (and in some cases does) eat a lot of food. Justified in the fact that using big, high energy-using attack spells, especially with her darkness, effects her metabolism and she will get super hungry if she keeps using said spells without eating.
- as a result of the above, she really can't get too fat (maybe a little chubby, but that's about it), as the spells and the fact that she's always training and mostly active keeps her from gaining too much weight in fat—keeping her health at a balance.
- The Big Girl: Class 2 with a mix of 5, when she's in an actual team.
- Boisterous Bruiser: If she begins enjoying a fight she's in (though in general she can be fun).
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: WinterNight sums this up perfectly.
- Brainy Brunette: overlaps with Genius Bruiser, though it's downplayed in comparison to her friend Ophelia.
- Brown Eyes
- Cain and Abel: This is subverted. Webs is technically the Abel to her older brother's Cain, but he wasn't evil nor was he ever purposely harmful or jealous of her. Accusing her of having this relationship with her brother will piss her off— See Relative Button below for more details on why.
- Character Tics: Webs has a habit of crossing her arms in an armfold when she talks to people directly. She also rubs the back of her head when confused or embarrassed. She also has a tendency to rest her chin between her index finger and thumb in a 'thinking' pose when asking questions. depending on how in tune she is with her friends and loved ones, she may also pick up some of their character tics when displaying certain emotions.
- Cheerful Child: She was like this when she was little—and very energetic. at least until a certain point in her childhood. see Adorably Precocious Child above.
- Combat Tropes:
- Barrier Warrior: can throw up shield spells and summon up chunks of rock (or, usually used, her shadow), to use as a means to block an attack. when she masters it, she can also do this with ICE.
- The Beast Master: What her role as a Pokemon Trainer is mainly, but even outside of it, she can use a creature she befriended or tamed as an ally as well as summon the creature to her aid in battle.
- Casting a Shadow/Dishing Out Dirt: Her main forte and the element(s) she was born with.
- Combat Pragmatist: While Webs normally fights fair and generally moves to not kill anyone (unless They're Heartless or general, problematic monsters), She will use anything to her advantage when it gets to the nitty gritty.
- Cute Bruiser: Sometimes seen as this.
- Healing Hands
- Lightning Bruiser: She moves fast, she hits hard—Webs is sometimes likened to a train in regards to this trope.
- Red Mage/Magic Knight
- Weapon of Choice: A Simple Staff that doubles as a Magic Staff, though she can easily switch to that of a sword if need be.
- An Ice Person: Double-Subverted. While Webs knows some ice spells, it is not her main forte and she will outright admit that she's terrible at it. After reconnecting and reconciling with her Best Friend, however, Webs has mastered most of it and can use it as a second means of defense or a very wicked type of offense.
- The Power of Friendship: She utilizes this within either teamwork with her partners or channeling the bonds she's made with others — AKA, D-Linking.
- Shock and Awe: Pokemon Trainer AU version only—her Signature 'Mon is Jolteon.
- Summon Magic: Webs can summon various powers from creatures and allies she's befriended or encountered but it counts as this trope only if she decides to make the power she's summoned external.
- Childhood Friends: While Webs has made different friends at varying ages, the first Acquaintance she made that was around her age would be Shade (as they met when they were 5 and 8, respectively). The first ( two, actually) Best Friend Webs had made was after her accident, when Master Katlin had arranged her to meet them. They were responsible for helping her grow out of the shell she had made as a result of the accident. Who were they? Elsa and Anna.
- Color-Coded for Your Convenience: Webs wears different colors over the years (and in different AUs), but the four (five if you count black) main colors that may represent her is Blue, Purple, Red, and White. Gold doesn't completely count unless its paired with the last one.
- Composite Character: Take the skills and general traits of Terra (Strength and half of his trusting nature, and temper), Aqua (Magic skill, determination and general wisdom), and Ven (Agility, Empathy, Kindness, Friendliness and precocious nature), mix in Belle's booksmarts, some Disney Princess traits, fighting spirit, and some general Adorkableness, and you'll get Webs.
- Cool Big Sis: To the younger of her friends, mainly.
- Cry Cute: Normally if she's upset enough to actually break down and cry, but this can also turn into Inelegant Blubbering.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: Heroic example. People who try to manipulate her for use as an Unwitting Pawn, due to her trusting nature, promptly get bitten in the ass by their own plan for it. Webs knows there are villains will try to use her trusting and generally kind nature as a means to trick her into doing their bidding, and will set up counter measures in order to screw them over for assuming that she'd actually do it. Kind and trusting she is — Blind and Naive she is NOT.
- Dark Is Not Evil: has an amazing control over that of Darkness—it being one of the two elements she was born with, but she's one of the most friendliest and kind-hearted people to use The power of darkness as her main asset. in fact, the fact she exists is one of the points that prove that Dark is not always evil.
- Deadpan Snarker: has her moments.
- Lady Snarker: what might form during more political or formal events.
- Determinator: Webs is stubborn as hell and refuses to give up when others are in danger, even if the odds are stacked against her. Even when it seems like she's stuck in a state of despair, she'll still stand up to the opposition.
- Disappeared Dad: Her father was apart of a militant faction that went MIA when she was 8 and hasn't been seen since. Not much of a loss for her, since she didn't even know much about the man.
- Elemental Powers: as noted above in combat tropes, Webs was born with control over two elements—Earth Magic and Darkness. While she does learn and use other elemental spells (A great Mage knows and learns more than what powers he/she is gifted with), Earth and Darkness magic is her strongest suit.
- The Empath: Webs' inner ability is that she can unlock hidden abilities and powers that have been hidden deep in a person (or creature's) heart by bonding and connecting with them. however, in order for her to do this, her own heart has to be open to others, I.E: she has to be her usual, friendly self. This ability is suppressed if she takes on a rigid, emotionless persona, something she doesn't enjoy doing, but will do so if it is absolutely required of her to do.
- Cursed with Awesome/Blessed with Suck: While this ability brings a great boost to her friends and allies she cannot control who's heart she begins to unlock—anyone within a close radius of her connection wise is susceptible to it and won't even know it, which could mean trouble depending on the person. On the bright side, in order for it to work for the other person, they actually need to be considered on the terms of an acquaintance to her. For Webs in general, this flip-flops between the two as the closer the bond, the more she learns and feels from the other person, which tends to futz with her own emotions and can cause mood swings if she suddenly becomes In-Sync with someone else's heart. Unlike the former, fortunately, this is an aspect she CAN control.
- Exact Words: Webs will always use this trope to her advantage when it comes to making her hold a Promise or giving her word to somebody. If there is a clause of the promise or contract she does not like, she will take advantage of the words said without actually breaking the promise. I.E.: If you make her promise not to step one foot onto that of the castle grounds, she won't. She'll visit the castle by appearing on the roof or windowsill—without any part of her touching the ground—instead. One has to word their pacts with her very carefully if one knows she won't like a part of it.
- Expy: Of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, at least during the events of the first Kingdom Hearts—Webs' choice of colors in her clothes design during that time is a notable example, along with her being more mischievous and aloof. She matures out of this, however.
- Foil: is this to others in some form or another.
- Fire-Forged Friends: A couple of Webs' "Little Siblings" (friends younger than her that she considers like family) often ended up forming their bond with one another this way, even though Webs is generally friendly. One of the most prevalent cases of this is between her and another snarky hero five years younger than her. See Headbutting Heroes below for the details of this case.
- Fusion Dance: Can pull this off when she uses the Bond Bangles with herself and a friend. They are of the composite type in nature. The end result formed—from appearance to power—depends on whoever is her fusion partner. See the Fusions sections on this page for more details.
- Genre Savvy
- Good Is Not Soft: As noted in Beware the Nice Ones above, Webs is friendly towards others even when she's sarcastic and snarky, and at the least, she's respectful to those who rival her or don't trust her at first. This nature doesn't spare villains—even if she respects and/or empathizes with someone's motives or power does not mean she won't kick their ass thoroughly if their goals threaten the safety of the worlds or her friends. and that's speaking on the terms when she isn't pissed off majorly.
- Gold and White Are Divine: Not a goddess or deity by any means, but two of Webs' outfits (a ballroom gown and one of her main traveling outfits) are in these colors. the colors and design are to reflect her childhood home, as well as her association with Madame Katlin as her former apprentice.
- Headbutting Heroes: BIG TIME with one of her "Little Brothers", and mainly fueled by rivalry and hormones aplenty (to be fair, what started it was a huge misunderstanding under a stressful time). This is subverted, however. Due to said situation that led to them meeting in the first place, they slowly grew out of this and ended up becoming rivals at the worst, Sarcastic fighting partners at the best, but have a bickering-yet-loving Sibling-like relationship in general. It should be noted that said "Little Brother" is five years younger than her and does NOT get his power from natural-born magic like she does.
- Heart Trauma: Webs was drastically different when she was a child because of this, but she got better.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: a platonic version. Webs is more than willing to sacrifice what is required in order to ensure the safety and happiness of her friends and loved ones, even if the end result is something she won't be happy with.
- Kicking Ass in All Her Finery: Sometimes, it all depends on the situation at hand.
- Magical Girl Warrior: her appearance in certain designs and a bulk of her more magic based attacks imply this, but she's a more downplayed example at the most (most likely subverted as she is around 20-21 years in age).
The Fusions are end results of a Fusion Dance
done between two people via the magic of the Bond Bangles
. All fusions are of the Composite type—being a unity of two different halves to create a powerful being with their own personality. Most of these Fusions are normally made with Webs as one of the halves (as she was the one who made a pair of the bangles), and all but one of the fusions are noted to retain the awareness of both halves of the result.
Tropes that describe the Fusions in General
- Achilles' Heel: All the Fusions have a weakness/flaw that forces them to split apart into their separate selves—each differ depending on which fusion, but in a general rule in all except the Empress, removing one of the bangles will cancel the fusion out. In general, they have certain flaws/weaknesses that can cause complications or hinder their power majorly if discovered and used against them.
- Action Girl: Most of the fusions are female, though justified as whenever Webs is apart of the equation in terms of fusing with someone of the opposite sex, she tends to be the dominant factor in the result.
- All Your Powers Combined: the power of both halves of each fusion combined into one, strong entity. The Empress is a more straighter and evil example of this, however.
- Badass: All of them.
- Emergency Transformation: Subverted. While they are formed normally in situations that require the strengths of both halves into one, the bangles' powers are not restricted to emergencies—meaning the fusions can be formed anytime. just as long as the combined halves can actually agree or work together long enough to fuse into one mindset.
- Heroic RROD: All fusions (but the Empress) can suffer this, if they work themselves hard until they exhaust their separate halves to the point of forcing a split (or mortally injuring one of their halves). Starlight suffers (and at times risks) this the most.
Starlight is the end result of the fusion between Webs and Danny
—A Badass Bare fisted Half-
Spirit that unites the powers of both Might and Magic in her abilities. Despite her power and normal temperament
, she is very softspoken, very polite and kind.
This, however, is outside of battle—In it, she Hits first
and asks questions later. While she relies on her physical strength and powers mainly, she does have two signature weapons: A metal stave that is as big as she is
and a longbow that doubles as an instant capture device as it is a fusion of the Fenton Thermos and Webs' Darkness attributes.
Starlight can only be made and held in her form as long as both minds carry the same mindset and goal—the minute one disagrees, she will split back into the two separate entities that fused her in the first place.
Tropes that apply to Starlight:
- Achilles' Heel: Aside from what is said above in the brief info and in the general section, Starlight's strength comes from both halves. Danny exhausts too easily during the Fusion (being younger than Webs and less durable), and using certain powers too often will weaken Starlight and force a split if the power being pumped out goes beyond Danny's tolerance levels.
- Impaling her through the chest will deal critical damage to both halves and force a split.
- Amazonian Beauty: And HOW. Her body may be a little skinnier than most examples, but she's got muscle and she's quite the looker for a Fusion.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Starlight's main forte, though this style is most likely a trait from Webs' dominant factors in the fusion. More often than not, she can deal much more damage by kicking ass with her bare hands than using her specialized weapons or powers.
- Barrier Warrior: Can cast Reflectga and form a barrier sphere out of Ecto-Energy around herself to deflect attacks. She can release the latter to send out a wave of energy in a large radius towards multiple targets.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: Hits fast and hits hard without a single snark or word, but outside of combat, she's probably the sweetest, gentlest soul you may encounter.
- Composite Character: Gender and her more traditional appearance as a warrior is lent from Webs, Visual traits (hair and eyes as well as palette colors for her outfit) come from Danny, and her abilities/powers are both combined in a strong harmony. Her personality is a different story—At heart, it is a combination of the two, but she is much more reserved, polite and softspoken than either of her two halves, suggesting that they seemingly cancelled each other out to make her personality different. The fact that she doesn't make a single snark or comment when she fights (unless she's giving a warning to nearby allies about an attack) and just gets right into it when in combat mode is a tip off that, unlike her two separate halves, she doesn't screw around.
- Ghostly Chill: Don't stand near her when her breath is visible, as she takes away all surrounding heat near her as signs that she's going to unleash a whole lot of power.