open/close all folders
Iron Man/Tony StarkThe Leader of the Super Hero Squad, Tony Stark is known to the public as both an inventor and a hero. He is also the team's Tech Factor having a suit of armor or other device for any situation. These gadgets often don't get tested and sometimes blow-up or backfire, but usually come through in the end. Iron Man has also been on dates with several super-heroines, including She-Hulk.
- Catch Phrase: "Alright Squaddies, time to Hero Up!"
- 24-Hour Armor: He is shown to wears his armor even in his PJ's
Wolverine/James "Logan" HowlettFormer member of the X-Men, Wolverine, is the Squaddies' second-in-command and the team's Animal Factor. With his Healing Factor, adamantium (unbreakable metal) skeleton and razor-sharp metal claws, Wolverine feels he's the best a what he does, kicking butt. Typically a loner, and a sourpuss, Wolverine is a seasoned warrior and is not above using teamwork to get the job done. To his annoyance, he's forced into being Reptil's mentor and is usually the one that has to keep him, Falcon and Hulk out of trouble.
Voiced By: Steve Blum
- Healing Factor: Which is rarely ever mentioned. It's mostly the adamantium skeleton thing.
- Wolverine Publicity: Has a list of all the people he's teamed-up with including the Easter Bunny.
The Hulk/Robert Bruce BannerThe unpredictable, nearly uncontrollable Hulk is the Squaddies' Strength Factor. More powerful than a locomotive and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound, the Hulk, well meaning as he is, is the most childlike and reckless of all the Squaddies and is easily prone to distraction. Despite it all, Hulk likes to smash bad guys and overall is a valuable asset to the Super Hero Squad.
Voiced By: Travis Willingham
- The Nicknamer: Falcon is "Bird", Reptil is "Lobster" due to him turning red when he transforms, etc.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Not the ol' "smash and kill everything" Hulk you used to know. In fact, this is the only story to portray Hulk in a positive manner.
Voiced By: Dave Boat
- Real Men Wear Pink: He is quite mindful of keeping his fabulous hair looking good.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: Like in the comics, he still talks like a character from a fantasy novel.
The Falcon/Sam Wilson and RedwingThe team's Speed Factor, Falcon flies with wings made of "hard light" (a solid hologram). He's upgraded them with Stark-built "feathers" that shoot out as projectiles. Falcon communicates telepathically with birds, particularly his pet falcon Redwing. He can even "see" through their eyes, which comes in handy when the team needs recon. A prankster, showboater and adrenaline junkie, Falcon loves flying at high speeds, but will get serious when the situation calls for it.
Voiced By: Alimi Ballard (Falcon) and Steve Blum (Redwing)
- Badass Normal: The only members with no offensive superpowers or power armor.
- Black Best Friend: Falcon to the Squaddies, mainly Redwing, Scarlet Witch and Reptil.
- Butt-Monkey: Both, especially Redwing with many Amusing Injuries.
- Feather Flechettes: The projectiles that comes out of Falcon's wings.
- Kid Hero: Falcon is only 17 in this show.
- Not So Stoic: Redwing was scared shitless of Doctor Strange's stuff in Night In The Sanctorum.
- Psychic Link: They have it with each other.
Scarlet Witch/Wanda MaximoffThe Scarlett Witch was raised to be a super villain by her father, Magneto. She uses probability-altering hexes and can fire them as "hex bolts". Her powers tend not to work the way she wants, sometimes they backfire, other times they work even better than she even expected. After meeting with Falcon and the Squaddies she decided to turn good. Wanda joins them in the second season when Thanos searches for the Infinity Gems. She also takes up the role as the team's Energy Factor, after the Silver Surfer leaves.
Reptil/Humberto LopezA young Squaddie in training, Reptil can call on the the abilities of various dinosaurs in season 1 and (because older fans and paleontologists were crying about the impossibility of some of his abilities) transform into full dinosaurs in season 2 due to the Sunstone around his neck. Placed under Wolverine's training by Captain America, Reptil is being trained to better control his powers and become a great hero.
Voiced By: Antony Del Rio
- Does Not Like Shoes: He's always barefoot. Even at his school.
- The Immune: To the craziness of the Fractals.
H.E.R.B.I.E.The Fantastic Four's robot who helped Falcon defend the Baxter Building against the Lethal Legion. H.E.R.B.I.E. is now the pilot of the new, improved Helicarrier. He often finds himself on the wrong end of where the action is. While small, H.E.R.B.I.E. can extend his robotic appendages to great lengths.
- Verbal Tic: brrt tends to get peppered throughout his speech patterns.
Silver Surfer/Dark Surfer/Norrin RaddThe Squaddies' former Energy Factor, the Silver Surfer is an alien with control over the power cosmic, including his flying surfboard. He talks in a stereotypical surf culture accent and likes to engage in philosophical discussions. After his former master, Galactus arrives to eat the planet Earth, the Silver Surfer convinces Galactus to leave the Earth in peace, and he would become his herald in return taking the reassembled Infinity Sword with him. In Season two he becomes corrupted by the Infinity Sword and manages to steal the Infinity Gauntlet and Gems from Thanos. With the combined powers of all these items, he becomes the Dark Surfer.
Voiced By: Mikey Kelley
- Amplifier Artifact: His Surfboard
- Later the Infinity Sword and Infinity Gauntlet as the Dark Surfer.
- Catch Phrase: "Cosmic"
- Evil Feels Good: Immediately after possessing the Infinity Sword and Infinity Gauntlet.
- Fish out of Water: Most of season one had Surfer comically dealing with this.
- Put on a Bus: Left Earth to be Galactus' herald. Replaced by the Scarlet Witch.
The Fantastic Four
Mr. Fantastic/Reed RichardsThe leader of the Fantastic Four and an Omnidisciplinary Scientist. Reed has the powers to stretch his body in many shapes and sizes. He could be a tad boring when he's strings together all the big words he uses. He also has problems being romantic to his wife, Sue.
Voiced By: James Marsters
Invisible Woman/Sue Storm-RichardsWife to Mr. Fantastic and sister to the Human Torch. Sue can turn herself invisible and make invisible force fields around her and her allies. She puts her powers to good use when she spies for the mayor.
- Mind over Matter: Her invisible force field basically boil down to such, with the handy trait of Invisibility at her discretion.
- Only Sane Woman: She keeps Reed in check.
The Thing/Ben GrimmA tough-talking hot-headed hero with Super Strength and rock skin. He can be irritated by the Squaddies and especially Johnny, but generally is nicer than he lets on.
Voiced By: Dave Boat
The Human Torch/Johnny StormBrother to the Invisible Woman, brother-in-law to Mr. Fantastic and all around hotdog. Torch can light his body on fire, throw said fire from his hands and fly. Johnny has a habit of being obnoxious and arrogant, but he's just as heroic as his team.
Voiced By: Travis Willingham
- Catch Phrase: "Flame On!"
S.H.I.E.L.D.. Idolized by Iron Man, Fury still goes undercover on top secret missions. One of these missions has Fury becoming the villain Scorpio. With no super powers, he beat the Squaddies and Stark Industries security bots, gaining Doctor Doom's attention. MODOK and the Abomination found out his identity and he was saved by the Squaddies. Fury later arrives to help the Squaddies fight against Galactus.
Voiced By: Kevin Michael Richardson
- Composite Character: Between the 616 Fury and the Ultimate Fury. Also between Nick Fury and his brother Jacob "Scorpio" Fury.
Captain America/Steve RogersA hero from a era gone by, "Cap" is S.H.I.E.L.D.'s best agent, both advisor and ally to the the Super Hero Squad. Cap is the most experienced tactician in Super Hero City, and while not the strongest hero, he's at the peak of human potential. Cap's Weapon of Choice is his indestructible shield which Cap can ricochet off wall and hit many bad guys at once. He's been present at several major events in the last century and will tell you about them in great detail unless you keep moving.
- Antiquated Linguistics: He speaks in a lot of 40s-era slang.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: A wee bit eccentric compared to his mainline Marvel counterpart.
- Catchphrase: "Hup, Hup, Hup!!"
Ms. Marvel/Carol DanversMs. Marvel is the second in command of S.H.I.E.L.D. and is a liaison to and reserve member of the Super Hero Squad. She can absorb and project solar energy, fly, and has super strength. The no nonsense Ms. Marvel tries to keep the Squaddies' rash actions to a minimum and to not damage the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, a giant airship she enjoys piloting.
Voiced By: Grey DeLisle
- Berserk Button: Damaging
- The Smurfette Principle: To the Squaddies in season 1 and some of season 2.
Hawkeye/Clint BartonHawkeye is an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. and an observer to the Super Hero Squad. This sarcastic archer is usually keeping the Squaddies in line when Ms. Marvel is not there.
Voiced By: Adrian Pasdar
Black Widow/Natasha Romanov (Mystique/Raven Darkholme)A freelance S.H.I.E.L.D. agent who saved the Squaddies from the Lethal Leigon. They take her to the Helicarrier where they all but Hulk and Silver Surfer fall for her. It turns out that it was Mystique impersonating her working for Doctor Doom to steal the fractals.
Voiced By: Lena Headey
- Distracted by the Sexy: Most of the male Squaddies.
- Verbal Tic: "Darling"
Songbird/Melissa GoldA S.H.I.E.L.D. agent with the super sonic shouting power. She was undercover as the villain, Screaming Mimi all along and stopped Dr. Doom and Mystique from stealing the infinity fractals.
Voiced By: Julie Morrison
The Mayor (of Super Hero City)The mayor is the well-meaning but bumbling mayor of Super Hero City. He has no superpowers or battle training, but he dresses as a superhero anyway.
Voiced By: Stan Lee
- Badass Grandpa: when Dark Surfer is torturing the Earth, the mayor hijacks an airplane and flies up to talk to Surfer to convince him to put the Earth right. While it doesn't work, he's the only person to actually attempt to fix the crisis. He also saves the day a few other times.
- Civvie Spandex: An odd example, he wears superhero, mask, gloves, boots and cape with his glasses and a three piece suit.
- Descended Creator: Started out as a Creator Cameo, but became a semi-recurring character.
- No Name Given: Some of the other characters, (Iron Man, the Fantastic Four) causally have their real names mentioned. No such luck with the mayor.
- After briefly losing his job, he is alternately just called "Mr. Citizen" or "The Ex-Mayor."
- Permanent Elected Official: Because no one usually runs against him or wants the job.
- With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility: "And, uh, vice a versa." His general approach to the job, which is why he has no qualms about doing paperwork.
The Punisher/Frank CastleA vigilante who hates crime, has an interesting view about crime in Super Hero City. His battle van is loaded with weapons to fight crime, but it smells like dirty laundry.
Voiced By: Ray Stevenson
- Chest Insignia: The Punisher's iconic skull.
- Lighter and Softer: When you know the Punisher from the comics, certainly.
- Sidetracked by the Analogy: A crime analogy involving white blood cells, brussels sprouts and macaroni and cheese.
Doctor Strange/Stephen StrangeDoctor Strange is one of the most powerful magicians in all the universe. As the Sorcerer Supreme, he's mastered the secrets of both magical and physical energy.
Voiced By: Roger Rose
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: Doctor Strange has a few, including the Eye of Agamotto, the Orb of Agamotto and a catalog from JC Whitney.
- Cloud Cuckoolander/Funny Schizophrenia: When under the effects of an Infinity Fractal.
- Combo Platter Powers
- My Significance Sense Is Tingling: He can sense when trouble of a magical nature is brewing.
Voiced By: Ty Burrell
- Amulet of Concentrated Awesome: His Nega Bands
- Heroic Sacrifice: He becomes one with the universe to make Ms. Marvel more powerful to stop the Dark Surfer.
- Hyper Awareness: His Cosmic Awareness, which gets annoying when he's finishing other people's sentences. It also has no effect on the Dark Surfer.
- Not Quite Dead: Ms. Marvel makes it clear he's not dead.
Storm/Ororo MunroeStorm is a resourceful mutant superhero who can control the weather. She is the girlfriend to fellow superhero Black Panther and is a recent graduate of the Xavier School for Gifted Children (she would have graduated sooner but some of her overseas credits didn't transfer).
Voiced By: Cree Summer
- Elemental Powers: Complete control over the weather, which gives her the ability to whip up lightning, wind, and ice storms in combat, among a plethora of other useful tricks.
- Glowing Eyes of Doom (whenever she is using her powers)
- I Believe I Can Fly: With wind.
- The Smurfette Principle: With the Squaddies in season 1.
The Wasp/Janet van DyneThe Wasp is a superhero who can fly and shoot electricity from her stingers. She is also a talented fashionista in Super Hero City.
Voiced By: Jennifer Morrison
The Lethal Legion
Doctor Doom/Victor von DoomDr. Doom is the unquestioned ruler of Villainville and the leader of the Lethal Legion, a massive organization consisting of many dangerous supervillains. With intelligence rivaling Iron Man and Mr. Fantastic, Door has a specialized suit of power armor among other maniacal inventions. Menacing, extremely dangerous and humorless, Doom spent season 1 trying to collect the Infinity Fractals, pieces of the Infinity Sword. Once the sword was reformed it turned out to be a dud without the Infinity Gauntlet. He was finally beaten by the Squaddies and later put in prison. In season 2, he MODOK and the Abomination escaped and he now seeks to get both the Infinity Sword and Infinity Gauntlet.
Voiced By: Charlie Adler
- A God Am I: Tries to achieve it by obtaining the Infinity Sword, but doesn't stop him from thinking it.
M.O.D.O.K./George TarletonMODOK is a small villain with superhuman intellect and psionic abilities. He's also cranky, has a massive ego, and is full of schemes for usurping Doom's power and achieving world domination. Doom is aware that MODOK plots against him, but doesn't seem the least bit worried, which infuriates MODOK. He moves about on a flying hover-chair outfitted with a variety of weapons, which runs on a miniature nuclear reactor and a pair of AA batteries. He has a crush on Ms. Marvel who really doesn't feel the same way about him.
The Abomination/Emil BlonskyAbomination is huge, mean and disgusting, with strength approaching the Hulk's and an IQ to match. Usually partnered with MODOK (who considers him a revolting idiot), Abomination is extraordinarily powerful and threatening, but just as easily duped by the Squaddies as by his Lethal Legion bosses.
Voiced By: Steve Blum
Mole Man/Harvey ElderA squinty little cave-dweller, Mole Man commands evil technology second only to Doom, as well as an array of subterranean lava monsters from deep within the center of the Earth. He's not very popular among the other members of the Lethal Legion because of his constant farting.
Voiced By: Ted Biaselli
- Gasshole: He says it's because of the lower air pressure on the surface.
Sabretooth/Victor CreedA savage mutant, he is Wolverine's Evil Counterpart all the way to having similar powers. Too bad he's not as smart as Wolverine otherwise he may be a threat.
Voiced By: Charlie Adler
Toad/Mortimer ToynbeeToad is a mutant with all the abilities of a toad. Him getting struck by lightning is more of a let-down than previously implied.
Voiced By: A. J. Buckley
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Briefly manages to hold his own against Iron Man, Wolverine, Thor, and Silver Surfer. They still beat him, but still not half bad for Toad.
Paste-Pot-Pete/The Trapster/Pete PetruskiA villain specializing in adhesive-based weaponry. Changed his name to the Trapster after getting mocked for being named Paste-Pot-Pete.
Voiced By: Dave Boat
- Atrocious Alias: His "Paste-Pot-Pete" moniker
- Berserk Button: Being made fun of for being called "Paste-Pot-Pete".
- Butt-Monkey: Even to the other villains.
- Never Live It Down: In-Universe: Naming himself "Paste-Pot-Pete"
- Verbal Tic: "Squirt, Squirt!"
The Wrecking CrewA group of villains with enchanted weapons and powers using Asgardian magic. They are called in by Doom when he needs a lot of muscle.
Voiced By: Charlie Adler (Wrecker), Alimi Ballard (Thunderball), Roger Rose (Bulldozer) and Travis Willingham (Piledriver)
- American Accents: Noo Yawk
- Dirty Coward: Thunderball
- Dumb Muscle: Bulldozer and Piledriver stand out.
- Weapon of Choice
Galactic Conqueror. With the Infinity Gauntlet he can harness the power of the Infinity Gems in his plans to rule the universe.
Voiced By: Jim Cummings
- Clucking Funny: On of his goals throughout the show is to open a chicken farm. It's all he could talk about after the Dark Surfer traps him in the Soul Stone with Adam Warlock.
- Disc-One Final Boss: Was on track to be the Big Bad of season 2, but the Silver Surfer stole the Infinity Gauntlet and Gems off him and placed him in the Soul Stone.
- Evil Plan: To Take Over The Universe
Voiced By: George Takei
- Big Eater: Can't get much bigger.
Loki LaufeysonLoki is the trickster god from Asgard who's will work with Dr. Doom so he could defeat his brother, Thor. Believing, that their father, Odin favored Thor, Loki will use his magic powers to try and defeat his brother, the Squaddies and the Asgardians, even if he has to turn on Doom to do it.
Voiced By: Ted Biaselli
The Red Skull/Johann SchmidtA diabolical mastermind and Captain America's Arch-Enemy who was frozen during World War II. After being thawed out by Dr. Doom (Don't ask.), the Red Skull, usurped Doom's power and tried to use it to take over the world.
Voiced By: Mark Hamill
- Card-Carrying Villain
- Classic Villain
- Diabolical Mastermind
- Evil Is Hammy
- Evil Laugh
- Harmless Freezing
- Human Popsicle
- Laughably Evil
- Skull for a Head
- Take Over the World
- Those Wacky Nazis
The Enchantress/AmoraThis Asgardian sorceress that uses her alluring powers to enslave her foes. She also has the ability to transform people and objects. She has a massive crush on Thor, who remains noble and oblivious.
Voiced By: Grey DeLisle
- Wicked Stepmother: She once brainwashed Odin into marrying her, thus becoming Thor and Loki's stepmother. It didn't go far since Odin had to abdicate for marrying a "commoner".
Magneto/Max Eisenhardt/Erik Magnus LehnsherrA mutant with the power over magnetism, Magneto is a true villain's villain. The proud father to the Scarlett Witch and the speedy, Quicksilver, Magneto hoped that his children would follow his legacy of villainy.
Voiced By: Maurice LaMarche
- Card-Carrying Villain: In great contrast to other versions, where he sees himself as more of a Dark Messiah.
- Follow in My Footsteps: Wanted his son and daughter, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch to take up villainy. Wasn't happy when his daughter became a Squaddie.
- Green Lantern Ring: His control over magnetism.
- Heel–Face Turn: After the Sentinels take over the World in an Alternate Timeline.
- Papa Wolf: Don't mess with his kids.
EggheadEgghead is a super-intelegent scientist and one of the Squaddie's more reoccurring threats. While often working for Dr. Doom, he will also use his many inventions to suit his own self interests.
Voiced By: Wayne Knight
- President Evil: When he cheated and beat the actual mayor in an election in one episode.
Baron Mordo/Karl MordoA pupil of the Ancient One alongside Doctor Strange, Mordo rebelled against his master and left on a quest for power. His magical skill makes him very dangerous, but apparently his psyche isn't entirely stable.
Voiced By: Dave Boat
- Card-Carrying Villain: "You cannot stop me, for I am very EVIL!"