Characters: GoGo Sentai Boukenger
S.G.S Foundation (The Boukengers)
Satoru Akashi / Bouken Red | Actor: Mitsuomi TakahashiThe Fiery Adventurer, as Bouken Red he drives Go Go Dump and leads the team with a calm expression and a fire in his heart. He mostly battles against Ryuuwon of the Jaryuu Tribe. He is often called Chief by the other Boukengers.
- The Ace: Got his reputation for being able to get any treasure anywhere.
- Always Someone Better: Proves this to Masumi, especially towards the finale.
- Butt Monkey: Eventually developed a mild case while maintaining his cool persona. An entire episode was dedicated to taking this trope to the extreme, by way of a bad luck curse.
- Not Quite Dead: After seemingly exploding with the Precious Bank, Satoru appears safe on the Dai Voyager in time for the final battle due to Zuuban.
Masumi Inou / Bouken Black | Actor: Yasuka SaitoThe Fast Adventurer, as Bouken Black he drives Go Go Formula, a racecar-like vehicle, and is only part of the Boukengers to pay his debt back to Akashi for saving his life. He has a personal vendetta against Yaiba of Darkness of Dark Shadow.
- Can't Live With Them, Can't Live Without Them: As part of his character development, it turned out his treasure was being part of the team.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Spent some time as child around a bunch of abusive workers, and then up using on as as Human Shield when they were Stuffed into the Fridge by Yaiba.
- I Owe You My Life: The reason he joined the Boukengers is to repay Satoru.
- Revenge: His motive when fighting Yaiba.
Souta Mogami / Bouken Blue | Actor: Masashi MikamiThe High-Up Adventurer, as Bouken Blue he drives Go Go Gyro, an airplane-like vehicle, and serves as the team's information specialist. Before he joined the Boukengers, he was an international spy which is why he's so effective at finding info. He often finds himself fighting (and flirting with) Shizuka of the Wind of Dark Shadow.
- Evil Knockoff: In Episode 8, a living Precious transforms takes his form and attacks the Boukengers.
Natsuki Mamiya / Bouken Yellow | Actress: Chise NakamuraThe Strong Adventurer, as Bouken Yellow she drives Go Go Dozer, a giant bulldozer, and is the most childish of the group. Her main reason to adventure was to discover more about her own past. It is later revealed that she is the last survivor of the Lemurian civilization.
- Dub Name Change: "Hannah" in the Korean dub.
- Everything's Better with Princesses: That is, if her kingdom still existed.
- Girlish Pigtails: A plot point. She loses them when she gets brainwashed in the Lemurian Princess episodes.
- Japanese Pronouns: Averted.
- Played straight in Episode 14 (uses "Atashi") and when brainwashed in the Lemurian Princess episodes (uses "Ware").
Sakura Nishihori / Bouken Pink | Actress: Haruka Suenaga
The Deep Adventurer, as Bouken Pink she drives Go Go Marine, a giant submarine, and is the most serious member of the team when it comes to work. She often appears to be cold and emotionless, but cares for her teammates. Before she joined the Boukengers she was in the special forces of the military.
- Action Girl: She's smart, strong, and drives a submarine, and that's all in addition to being a ranger.
- The Big Girl: Of the Genius Bruiser variety.
- Catch Phrase: "Use codenames while on a mission." Usually when someone her junior called her with name rather than 'Pink'
- The Lancer: being Satoru's second-in-command and her strict, no-smiling personality contrasts with his outgoing, inner-Hotblooded personality.
- Meaningful Name: She's the Pink Ranger. Her name becomes even more meaningful when you realize her Power Rangers counterpart was named "Rose."
- When She Smiles: It's adorable. Plus, as Satoru said, it's one thing only she possesses, and it becomes her greatest treasure in the end.
Eiji Takaoka / Bouken Silver | Actor: Masayuki DeaiThe Dazzling Adventurer, as Bouken Silver he drives Go Go Fire and serves as the spiritually strongest of the team because his father, the Ashu Watcher Kando wed with the Ashu Kei, making Eiji half-Ashu. He mostly battles against Gai (as either form) due to their bitter history. In Boukenger vs. Super Sentai, he embodies Hope.
- Dub Name Change: "Jackie" in the Korean dub.
- Image Song: Blown by a Silver Wind
- It's Personal: Hunting Ashu is business as usual for him, but has a personal vendetta with Gai on account that he killed his father in front of him when he was a boy.
- Japanese Pronouns: "Ore-sama", without fail.
- Trademark Favorite Food: He's seen constantly eating vegetables. In the crossover with Gekiranger, he even decides to have a vegetable eating contest with Gou and Ken.
Negative Syndicate (The Villains)
High Priest Gajah of the Gaodom Civilization | Actor: Hiroo OtakaThe priest of a long-dead civilization, who the Boukengers accidentally reawaken in the first episode. Desires to revive his country by conquering the Earth.
- A God Am I After his One-Winged Angel, he boasts to have surpassed Godom
- Big Bad: Eventually, after every other villain gets taken care of.
- Laughably Evil: When one of your plans involves stealing from Santa Claus, it's hard not to fall into this.
- Mook Maker: Can spawn his Karths out of any stone.
- Orcus on His Throne: Gajah owns no specific Monster of the Week to call upon, and can't really fight on his own, so he usually stays in the background, only striking with well-thought out schemes... Until some of the final arcs
- Took a Level in Badass: Early episodes, he gets beat up easily each appearance he makes, Ryuuwon once just walked into his lair threatening information of out of him. By the finale, he adds three Godom engines to himself and beats the tar out of Ryuuwon and the Boukengers, and that's before his One-Winged Angel where he gets the Heart of Godom
Creator King Ryuuwon of the Jaryuu Tribe | Actor: Junpei MoritaAn ancient once-human adventurer who transfigured himself into a dragon after being betrayed by his comrades. He despises humanity, and wishes to create a world where only the truly worthy may survive. Often fights against Akashi, due to their similarities.
- The Dragon: Literally. In respect to the trope, though, he's not a straight example (seeing as he works independently), but he's one of the stronger villains in combat, often takes to the battlefield himself and is the next to last villain to bite it.
- Homage: His design is based on Daizyujin from Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger.
- Mook Maker: Is able to create his Jaryuu soldiers from samples of his own body.
- Shadow Archetype: Ryuuon represents a darker side of Akashi, an adventurer that was ridiculed and ended up seeking more power for the revenge of his ridicules in the past.
- Social Darwinist: Watch how he creates his Jakuryuu, by making his mooks kill each other and then transforming the winner.
- Was Once a Man: used to be a human, and briefly turns back into one before being killed off.
Dark ShadowA group of Japanese-based thieves who are out to make big bucks by stealing Preciouses. Consist of Maboroshi no Gekkou (owl), Kaze no Shizuka and Yami no Yaiba.
- Anti-Villain: They're called Dark Shadow, they're antagonists, but they're the least evil amongst the Negative Syndicate since Gekkou and Shizuka are not interested in causing harm to humanity unlike Gaja, Ryuuon or the Questers, they just want to make a lot of money and can be shown to be friendly to the Boukengers. Yaiba, on the other hand...
- Devil in Plain Sight: Gekkou when the Boukengers actually meet him, justified since they haven't seen or even heard of him prior to that point.
- Dual Wielding: Yaiba, and he can turn his two swords into a Double Weapon.
- Knight of Cerebus: Yaiba, the first completely serious villain we get in the series.
- Make My Monster Grow: Gekkou is the most reliable source of this trope with his 'Oogami Henge no Jutsu.
- Ninja: Yaiba and Shizuka.
- One-Winged Angel: Gekkou, during the only time he personally fights the Boukenger, turns into a huge, monstrous bird. However, he didn't do it on his own free will: Yaiba forced him to, and Gekkou was unable to controll himself in his monstrous form.
- Token Evil Teammate: Gekkou and Shizuka can be sympathetic and look like 'just doing their job'. Yaiba is the only straight up villain as he is a darkness-worshipping guy who ends up betraying the whole team for the power of darkness.
QuestersA group of Ashu demons out to make humans suffer and take over the human world. It has a whole army, but only two are in the world: Rei and Gai. They were quickly defeated but came back more powerful and mechanized when Gaja gave them the Godom Engine. They quickly broke out of Gaja's services and worked on their own. They're Eiji's Arch-Enemy.
- Evil Counterpart: They were made into Questers by Gajah using research on the Boukenger's Parallel Engines. Their Quester forms and Swiss Army Weapon also look vaguely Rangerlike. And to top it off, they also use Humongous Mecha during each of their appearance, instead of going for human sized monsters that grow bigger upon defeat.
- Evil Is Not a Toy: Gaja revives them with the Godom Engines, but didn't actually come up with a plan to control them.
- Homage: To nearly all the mecha of Gosei Sentai Dairanger. Gai is Ryuuseioh, Rei is Won Tiger, Quester Gai is Dairenoh, Quester Rei is Kiba Daioh, and Hyoga is Daimugen.
- Humongous Mecha: The Quester Robos, most of which were designed specifically to use a particular Precious.
- Knight of Cerebus: Are treated as the biggest threat in the show and tend to be the toughest to fight ironically are the first to die.
- Not Quite Dead: Their apparent status between being killed as Ashu and revived as Questers.
- Sealed Evil in a Can: Rei was trapped in a mirror, along with the rest of the Eastern Ashu, until Gai and Hyouga found a way to bring Rei back.