Characters: Charybdis Academy
aka: Eerie Cuties
A partial character list for Eerie Cuties
. See also:
open/close all folders
The main character (sort of). A young vampire born on Easter, she feeds on chocolate instead of blood.
- A-Cup Angst: Had this for a period. Layla's teasing didn't help.
- Ambiguous Disorder: Behaves in a very juvenile manner, and is just plain bizarre.
- Annoying Younger Sibling: In Layla's eyes.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: Nina is easily distracted by flowers, butterflies or Ace.
- Buxom Is Better: She believed that she needs bigger boobs to attract Kade.
- Can't Hold His Liquor: Justified, as she's only 14 (and acts even younger).
- Cute Little Fangs: Seen at all times, unless she's pouting.
- Cute Monster Girl: Nina is very short for her age (she's 14 at the begining of the comic), acts like a child most of the time, is usually very sweet and naive. Plus she sports Cute Little Fangs.
- Deal with the Devil: In one of her worst (albeit well-intentioned) lapses of judgement, she makes a bargain with Tia, out of fear that she's losing her sister, Layla, to Queen Lamia. So she asks Tia to help her, in exchange for Blair.
- Decoy Protagonist: For a while as the others are got major subplots, though she has recently come back towards the forefront.
- Disproportionate Retribution: When Nina went to Layla to ask about her boobs, she poked fun at her. How did Nina respond? By hijacking her sister's body, then using it to go on a date with her sister's boyfriend. According to her, it was totally justified. The fandom disagreed, as did her parents.
- The Ditz: Nina usually appears not very bright, though it may be a result of her innocence.
- Fanservice Pack: take Laura's height (courtesy of Tia) then mix with a hair and wardrobe change and you get a much hotter Nina. As if it were not enough, she later gets Laura and Chess' combined size too. This made her much more popular with the guys, albeit temporarily.
- Friend to Bugs: While running for her life, Nina happily notes that she avoided stepping on a ladybug.
- Genki Girl: Nina is always very energetic and often glomps on characters she likes. She met Ace this way for example.
- Hidden Eyes: In this strip which, along with her gaping mouth and protruding fangs, indicate something's wrong with her.
- The Ingenue: Quoting the TV Tropes definition, Nina is a "Young virginal woman with the purity of a child". Just replace "woman" with "female teenager".
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Chloe, and possibly others, seems to see Nina as this, though there are hints that there is something darker within (Sisterly Love arc). Other characters have acted to shield her from darker, or at least more mature, things.
- According to demonically-empowered Chloe, Nina exudes an aura of pure innocence. Due to being a succubus, Chloe is compelled to corrupt her, but the fact that Nina is so very innocent, combined with the fact that they were pretty good friends before Chloe became demonically-empowered, causes her to have a bad reaction.
- It's All About Me: When she discovered that Brooke was dating Ace, her immediate response was "I thought you were my friend!" while running off crying about her "special puppy" despite Ace never having shown any romantic interest in her. The kicker? She did all this while possessing Laura's height, which was stolen from her by Tia, after having promised she would give it back after a few minutes. It only gets worse from there. After everyone got shrunk down due to Tia's machinations. Nina seems to be completely unconcerned since it allows her to play with everyone as if they were dolls (though they might have allowed it so she could have an awesome birthday).
- Multicolored Hair: Most of her hair is purple, save for hairtips which are black. It seems to be natural.
- OOC Is Serious Business: When she gets her first taste of blood (well technically second, but she was in Layla's body the first time) her demeanor suddenly changes and she swats away a chocolate bar Ace brought for her.
- Nina is later on the receiving end when Layla/Quintessa forgets her name.
- Older than They Look:
- Nina is 14 at the beginning of the comic (she turns 15 in Chapter 14), but she looks and acts like as if she was about half that age.
- With her height increased and hairstyle changed in the way that it is it could be argued she's now younger than she looks. It also makes her immature behavior more apparent.
- Our Vampires Are Different: See the Vegetarian Vampire entry.
- Red Herring: She only has part of Quintessa's spirit sealed inside her. The real host was Layla all along.
- Sealed Inside a Person-Shaped Can: Blair suspected her to be a reincarnation of Lamia Asra-Pa Quintessa, the very same vampire queen that ushered in a very bloody dark age for mankind that she and Ace did a report on early in the story. However, it wasn't exactly the case (see Red Herring).
- Spoiled Sweet: Started out this way,with bouts of Spoiled Brat as the comic went on.
- Sweet Tooth: she feeds on chocolate instead of blood.
- Later has a Heroic BSOD when Laura admits she doesn't like chocolate.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Started out Spoiled Sweet but turned into a brat out of jealousy of her more mature classmates. She was very reluctant to return the height and curves she'd "borrowed" from Laura (courtesy of Tia) to get Ace's attention because it also got her attention from alot of other boys, and she was whiny about it after she finally did.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Nina's preference for chocolate, rather than blood, makes her an oddity among vampires to say the least, supposedly because she was born on Easter Sunday. The truth comes out in chapter 15 when Blair explains that he purposely conditioned her that way in an effort to prevent Queen Quintessa's reincarnation. Except he'd been wrong about which of the Delacroix children it was to be: it was her older sister, Layla.
Layla Delacroix / Queen Quintessa
Nina's older sister, who's determined to make her into a proper vampire by getting her to drink blood.
A succubus, who considers herself to be ugly by succubus standards (though she acknowledges that she's pretty by human standards), despite her many admirers. Much to the surprise of readers, she now has her own webcomic Spin-Off
— Dangerously Chloe
. See that character page for her entry.
. She can turn into a snake monster, but resents her monster form and tries to hide it. Generally laid-back and cool, but confused and shy when it comes to romance.
- A-Cup Angst: a mild case, but it's there.
- Actually Pretty Funny: When she accuses Ace of being a skirt chaser, he replies she's never worn a skirt besides the one with her uniform. After a moment's thought, she had to admit he had a point.
- Bi the Way: She's attracted to Layla (albeit begrudgingly) and she's been dating Ace on-again/off-again.
- Black Eyes of Evil: Whenever she scales up.
- Boyish Short Hair: As befitting her personality and her temperament. And so long as no one does anything to piss her off, she'll stay that way... Oh hi, Ash!
- Covert Pervert: She's just looking for "evidence". Honest.
- Deadpan Snarker: See for yourself.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: Brooke was totally checking herself out in Ace's old uniform.
- Feather Boa Constrictor: She almost always wears her pet snake, Seth around her neck.
- Foil: To Layla, as seen in the Deadpan Snarker entry.
- Girlish Pigtails: Brooke wore her hair like that when she was a little girl, as shown in flashbacks.
- Homoerotic Subtext: In moments like these with Layla.
- Hulking Out: When Ash pushed her one step too far, she went snake-girl on him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After Cute Witch Magical Girl Melissa snaps her out of her feral melusine mindset, she suddenly realizes her sparring partner Ash, who'd goaded her into "going all-out" isn't breathing. This causes a major guilt-and-panic double attack with Brooke.
- Only Sane Man: She and Ace share this distinction, among the cast:
- Punny Name: Say it fast.
- Reptiles Are Abhorrent: Averted.
- Scaled Up: Her melusine form is a snake-girl. One with a LONG body and coiling ability. When her eyes go from human to snake, it might not end well. Usually caused by getting her mad.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: Despite all the jokes about Brooke looking like a boy, and her tomboyish behavior, she's defintely all woman... when she tries.
- Ship Tease: with Layla and Ace!
- Sugar and Ice Personality: Brooke is usually collected, rational, and snarky, but she cried when Chloe was transfered and exhausted herself taking care of girl-Kade, for fear the latter would do something harmful to himself.
- Tomboy: Brooke's lack of femininity has been shown and outright stated more than once, from Ace pointing out that she doesn't wear skirts (excluding her school uniform), to besting Ash in a sparring match!
- Shrinking Violet: She's usually confident, but she's very shy about romance and prone to suddenly disappearing when she acts on it.
- Take a Third Option: When the "Art Interlude" Guest Strips have her deal with Melissa, Layla, and Cerise who are ALL wanting to be Brooke's model (and showing their diva egos), the artist takes an award-winning approach. She paints a nude self-portrait.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: As a result of the 'Skittles incident'.
- You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry: Ash learns this the hard way and nearly pays for it with his life, when he makes the mistake of deliberately provoking her so she wouldn't hold back on him.
who's Layla's sometimes
boyfriend, and the object of Nina's affections.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Well, from Catboy to Catgirl pretty much insures this.
- The Casanova
- Cat Smile: Well, duh.
- Chick Magnet:
- Pretty much every girl in the school wants him.
- And as this page shows, his gender bended self might be a Dude Magnet.
- Fun Size: Recently got shrunk down to Blair's height thanks to Tia.
- Gender Bender: It's not like he didn't deserve it.
- Henpecked Husband: Layla's. He clearly likes it when the girl shows some claws.
- Hopeless Suitor: Ace's. Hopeless, for a... good reason.
- Ladykiller in Love: "Sure thing, Layla!" Ouch, Kade
- Laser-Guided Karma: His wandering eye comes back to bite him in the ass.
- But then, Kade quickly learned to enjoy this. Very much. He even managed to stay comfortable enough to joke about his reaction on Ash after turning back.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Kade is the guy with the longest hair of the cast, and isd clearly to meant to be very attractive.
- A Man Is Always Eager: This applies to Kade regardless whether he happens to be male, or female, at the time. Which naturally leads to...
- Mismatched Eyes: It's not apparent except in the colored comics, but one of his eyes is blue and the other one yellow/amber. As it happens, heterochromia is a common trait among real-life cats.
- Nice Guy: He's a friendly fellow. While transformed, became a walking headache, but once the curse was removed, he's back to his old self, all over Layla and ignoring her tsundere-ish hissing.
- Relationship Revolving Door: He and Layla broke up and made up several times; currently, they're broken up again.
- Something Else Also Rises: We don't normally see his cat ears, but...
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: In addition to acting a lot like a Clingy Jealous Girl in the grips of Love Makes You Dumb concerning Layla, Kade becomes quite a bit bitchier in female form, acting like a completely inconsiderate Jerk Ass to Melissa and starting to get distracted by the first attractive guy to walk by. Maybe got a little too far into Vapid Valley Girl mode or "catfight" part mixed badly with his cat side, or something.
- You Remind Me of X: Following Layla becoming fully incarnated as Queen Quintessa she mentions that Kade reminds her of Mr. Boodles and muses that's might be why she's kept him around after so long.
A werewolf, and Nina's unwilling friend. Ace is a nice guy and he means well, but it seems he just can't catch a break.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Notorious girls-lover Kade tried to seduce Ace in female form, and resident pervert Blair harassed him like any other attractive girl he met.
- Butt Monkey:
- He always seems to get the short end of the stick ever since he's met Nina. Even when the first met boy passing by was going to become a lab rat for Twiggit's demonstration, it just had to be him.
- Things changed for him, after recovering his own body. Such as hooking up with Brooke. The bonus story in the print edition of vol.1 even shows their first date.
- At least, until Tia removed the confidence boost she gave him along with the leftover magic from the Tiresias Orb. Which reverted him back to his former self, just to spite Brooke.
- And, in chapter 15 he gets stuck with Blair's consciousness in his body. The guy just can't catch a break.
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): When Mel (who doesn't know how to do CPR) or Brooke (who doesn't have lips) can't do this for a not-breathing Ash, Ace must.
- Deadpan Snarker: Occasionally, usually in regard to Layla.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Nina calls him "Puppy!".
- Enemy Mine/Enemy Within: Blair's consciousness was forcibly released from the doll by Nina, who was possessed by Quintessa at the time, and has wound up in Ace's body. Now, not only is Ace stuck with him for the foreseeable future, he's threatened to take him over if he falls asleep, to satisfy his perversion.
- Extreme Doormat: The problem with being a Nice Guy is, he has a hard time saying "no" to anybody (except Layla) or sticking up for himself. She's shut him down instantly both times that he's tried.
- Fanservice Pack:
- Gender Bender: Ace was stuck as a girl from the last strips of vol.0, 'til the end of vol.1, when the effect was finally reversed.
- In-Series Nickname:
- Nina almost always calls him Puppy.
- His father calls gender-bended Ace "Acina".
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: The time spent as a girl appears to have had a lingering effect on part of Ace's psyche. When he admisters CPR to resuscitate Ash, his girl half is beside herself with glee.
) "EEEEEE! He's such a cutie!"
- Nice Guy: This is both his defining character trait and his Achilles' Heel, which has often lead to embarrassment and landed him in uncomfortable situations, by not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings.
- No Periods, Period: Averted by girl Ace here.
- Only Sane Man: A distinction he shares with Brooke (mostly covered in her example entry).
- Past Life Memories: The dialog in this scene seems to suggest Ace may have had a past with Queen Quintessa. Though it's ended abruptly by Brooke slapping him, under the assumption Ace was making a pass at her.
- Sharing a Body: With Blair due to his spirit being launched at Ace after his doll host is broken. Figures, eh?
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Apparently, being stuck as a girl for a while left behind some side effects.
- Your Cheating Heart: Averted. It turns out Ace's behavior was due to the confidence boost Tia had given him. Once that was removed, he returned to normal... in more ways than one.
Nina's doll, possessed by the spirit of a man; absolutely shameless pervert. Now he inhabits Ace's body.
- Abhorrent Admirer: To all females, including genderbent males.
- Animals Hate Him: He constantly gets chased and chewed on by every pet he's ever met.
- The Casanova: When he get's transferred into Ace's body by accident he rather quickly shows himself able to charm three girls in one day now that he is no longer in a female doll.
- Creepy Doll: Oh yes.
- The Hedonist: He pretty much only lives to satiate his perversions and considers inhibitions to be "wussy".
- Hidden Depths: There seems to be more going on than first thought. Why he suddenly has this dark scene has led to a lot of WMGing.
- Hammerspace: When Sharing a Body with Ace, he pulls a stake out of nowhere. Ace Lampshades it by asking where it came from.
- The Not Secret: Just about everybody knows his so-called "carefully hidden" weakness. So much so, that Twiggit, Chloe, and Layla have all exploited it at different points.
- Painting the Medium: He uses a slightly different font than everyone else. Which eventually comes in useful to distinguish him from Ace when they end up Sharing a Body.
- Panty Thief: As if his character image doesn't make it obvious enough.
- Running Gag: Blair's habit of either saying, or doing, something to annoy others, then getting punt-kicked for it.
- Spanner in the Works / Wild Card: Blair has two cases of these which stand out. In both he showed he didn't mind interfering with the plans of others if it helped his goals or even jeopardized the good thing he had in the process.
- He stole the Orb Of Tiresias from the Hellrune Coven to put the whole school into a major gender-bending fiasco that almost turned the school into his own paradise of blonde buxom bimbos, even Nina, who loved him.
- When told the Doompanties were the rarest panties in the universe, he stole them off of Chloe, not caring if he lost the Heaven he was in with her. Or that he'd be locked in the box with them for a very very long time.
- Unwitting Instigator of Doom: Chapter 14 has him as one. Tia boosts a magick on Blair that shrinks anyone he touches into Blair's size. Unfortunately, while she's collecting the smaller characters, she grabs Blair as well—and suffers the same fate.
- Voices Are Mental: After Sharing a Body with Ace, Dio mentions that Blair's voice is coming out of Ace's body. He also continues to use the same, slightly different font when speaking than Ace and everyone else.
The Hellrune Coven
Cess and Laura
Cessily (Cess) and Laura
A pair of minor antagonists
, who aspire to become 'queen bees' by overthrowing Layla, but their "plans"
usually backfire. As of Vol.4, they've become friends with Nina, and seem to be on good terms with Layla.
- Alpha Bitch: More wannabees than queen bees, but they are trying to get there.
- Because She Was Nice to Us: Nina befriended Laura to cheer her up, after she and Cessily split up. By the end of chapter 13, when Laura returns to normal, she thanks Nina for her kindness. Which results in Cessily & Laura becoming friends witn her.
- Breast Expansion / Gag Boobs: Recently, both girls were given breasts by Chloe about the same size as Chloe had before she reduced them thanks to the Doompanties. This was to get some A-list students to come to Chloe's in-school party when the two girls invited them.
- Character Development: They began as a pair of minor antagonists, toward Layla. Their friendship was briefly severed by Tia's manipulation, but they've made up and have seemingly made a change for the better. In Vol.4, it's revealed that they've both become friends with Nina.
- Heel-Face Turn: Following the events of chapter 13.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Sexually Active Today?: Needless to say, neither of them are.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villains: They usually foil themselves, often because their plans are either poorly thought out, or just plain weird.
- Those Two Girls: With the emphasis on "two". The others are so used to seeing them together, that Brooke failed to recognize Laura when she saw her without Cessily!
- Villainous Friendship: Type I. Despite their hangups, they're virtually inseparable and care about each other.
- Childhood Friends: According to Cessily, they've known each other since they were kids.
- Zany Scheme: Cess has got a million of 'em, and Laura usually goes along with them - including one that was gonna involve paint, an exploding bra, and Laura in a mascot costume (don't ask). They never work.
A Snow Fairy.
- An Ice Person
- Buxom Is Better: She seems more comfortable with having bigger breasts thanks to Tia now than she did when Chloe did it earlier.
- Inelegant Blubbering: After turning Laura away initially, Cess sees the now-shorter Laura in her Loli-outfit. Seeing this reminds Cess how Laura looked as a kid...and this causes Cess to tear up and hug Laura tightly to her bosom, wailing "I missed you SO muuuuuuch!"
- Laser-Guided Karma: She talked about having Chloe's E-cup breasts done in school colors, then rigging Chloe's bra to pop open and flash the football team. Cess is shocked when they see Chloe with smaller breasts (Chloe was tired of having to lug around those massive breasts). Eventually, Cess and Laura both get E-cups of their own thanks to Chloe, and Cess realizes how heavy they were.
- And another piece of it when after she'd gotten used to them, they left once the Doompanties were sealed back in their box.
- Only Sane Man: Much more sensible than Laura.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Cess can change her hand and part of her arm to be an ice-based hammer to knock some sense into Laura when she thinks Cess should dye her hair red. Later made a lockpick icicle on her finger.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A fire ifrit.
- Burning with Anger: Her temper causes Power Incontinence for her.
- Butt Monkey: Has run into a lot of misfortune as of late. She loses her breasts thanks to Tia, Cessily leaves her when she thinks Laura was manipulating her as per her species (once again thanks to Tia). And when Nina tries to help her, yet another run in with Tia results in her losing her height. But she might be having a means to deal with it (see Idea Bulb).
- Buxom Is Better:
- She was happy with her new breasts. Until she lost them when the Doompanties were relocked into their box.
- Again when Tia briefly gave them back—then turned around to endow them to Cessily. She was told the only way to GET them back was for Cessily to give them to Laura willingly. And shortly afterwards Tia grabs Cess before Laura can do that.
- Cuteness Proximity: Laura's plan for getting back at Tia was to be the cutest, most adorable 'lil moeblob ever. It worked.
- The Ditz
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Once out of Cess and Evil Chloe's influence, she challenges Tia on a "cute with cute" field and uses her ditziness to cover this up (and have Tia think this extra ditziness might have been a result of her stealing the height and curves from Laura).
- Dumb Blonde: Previously until Tia did her nastiness to Laura. Then...
- Fun Size: Tia takes away Laura's height and gives it to Nina. However, this makes Laura realize she looks adorable—and realize she can challenge Tia on "adorability" now. Going to "The Trendy Loli," Laura uses this to win over everyone, and even use her "aura of innocence" to hurt Tia with a hug (as it "Burns" Tia in doing so).
- Obfuscating Insanity: Tia initially thinks Laura's lost it. However, this is Laura trying to go "full Lolita" to give enough cred to her own plan to take on Tia.
- Playing with Fire
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Uses this on Mr. Purvis to convince him not to punish her due to her non-uniform attire (she also adds that her uniforms don't fit her anymore given her height was taken away by Tia).
- Spanner in the Works: Tia Darkness claims that this is an ifrit's nature, using it to drive a wedge between Cessily and Laura by pointing out the latter can't HELP but mess up the former's plans. When Laura finally realizes that she can put this to use against ''Tia,'' Tia's machinations begin to collapse hard.
An adorable very young dark-haired demoness (succubus?). Appeared when Cessily, Laura and Nina tried to summon Chloe back and immediately began to show who's the boss. Seems to be a competent magic user.
Queen Lamia Asra-pa Quintessa and Mr. Boodles
A vampire queen and her cat. Lived a long time before the story starts. Ace and Nina have to do a report on her.
- Bi the Way: Layla remembers kissing both Eugene and Maria in her previous life. Now that she's reincarnated and her personality is a mix between Layla's and her original self she's reasonably squicked out by this. However this might explain some of Layla's bisexual tendencies.
- Chekhov's Gunman: She starts off as little more than a minor Posthumous Character in an early chapter. But a long time later, she becomes quite relevant.
- Demonic Possession: According to legend, Queen Quintessawas given a resurrection spell in case she was ever killed. When Nina gets her first taste of blood, Blair states that she is channelling Queen Quintessathrough her body. She's also apparently able to switch hosts through biting, and transfers herself to Layla's body.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: Quintessa was quite ruthless during her rule managing to wipe out entire towns in one night before moving on to the next.
- Killer Rabbit: Mr. Boodles may look cute, but he decapitated King Lupus with a single claw swipe.
- Formally Named Pet: Mr. Boodles.
- Sealed in a Person-Shaped Can: Within Nina, as confirmed by Blair. When Nina gets her first drop of blood and goes berserk, Ace receives a vision from a mysterious being, resembling Queen Quintessa, who thanks him for freeing her. It's later revealed that she was actually sealed in Layla, and only part of her spirit was trapped in Nina. When the berserk Nina bit Layla, Quintessa's rebirth was complete.
Nina and Layla's mother. She's apparently had 13 children. Not the loner sort of a vampire - she prefers to keep some company around and is unhappy about her daughters being mostly absent, that is in school or asleep.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Justified, since she's a vampire.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: As either sister will happily tell you. See Lesbian Vampire and Too Much Information.
- Lesbian Vampire: Not exactly, but she apparently went through a "phase" with Adora Love, who happens to be Chloe's mom. This causes her to be very... friendly... towards Chloe.
Maria: Of course! Adora Love's daughter!
Chloe: You knew my mother?
Maria: We were schoolmates. Your mother had the... sweetest blood.
Chloe: ...h-how interesting, Mrs. Delacroix.
Maria: Please, call me Maria! <3
- Ms. Fanservice: Mrs. Delacroix is always depicted in attractive and flatering clothes, comments on her teenage sexual experiences and appeared in the shower once, showing an attractive butt.
- Oh Crap: She and Mr. Delacroix get this when Layla asks an Armor-Piercing Question in the beginning of Chapter 16 "From Teen to Queen": "Mom? Dad? When were you going to tell me I was the reincarnation of an ancient (and fabulous) vampire queen?"
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Is fond of wearing those.
- Silk Hiding Steel: She's a nice and worldly lady who showers everyone with care and hospitality... and suddenly becomes firm and lays down the law when thinks it's really necessary.
- Too Much Information:
It's okay, girls! You're just going through a phase. I went through the same phase, myself. With Chloe's mother! Chloe:
Ohh! The things she would do to me...! They made me quiver
. Layla/Brooke/Chloe: [look Squicked out] Brooke: [covers Nina's ears] Nina:
The science teacher at Charybdis Heights and may, or may not
, be human.
- Open Minded Parent: When Ace goes to school as a boy and comes home as a girl...
Mr. Wolfhart: (Glomps Ace)
I've always wanted a daughter!
The Delacroix's housekeeper. It's unknown what
she is, just that she looks kinda like an owl and is creepy.
Tiffany's boss, at the mall.
- Bad Boss: Averted. Tiffany thinks she's bossy, when all Becky really wants, is for Tiff to do her job.
- Brainwashed: She gets subjected to this twice.
- The first was done by Layla, in order to get Becky off of Tiffany's back (and also give her a raise).
- It happened again, when Nina overdid it while in Layla's body, after succumbing to her first thirst for blood and enthralled her (under Blair's instruction) to wipe Becky's memory of it.
- Fanservice: Blair used her to this end, while she was enthralled by Nina. This was also seen in one of the postcards that came with the collector's edition of Vol.1, which shows her in a string bikini with Blair resting his head between her breasts.
- Meganekko: She wears a simple pair of wire-rimmed specs.
- Nerds Are Sexy: She's pretty cute, in a studious fashion, since she's usually in uniform. But, as seen in the fanservice entry, when she takes it off... WOW!
- Only Sane Employee: Considering that she's working with Tiffany, it's to be expected.
- Arranged Marriage:
- Formerly, between him and Layla, but it was deep-sixed, when he learned she was in love with Kade. Except his father won't allow him to return home without one of the Delacroix sisters as his bride. So he's stuck hopelessly pursuing Layla.
- Then again, it may not be so hopeless after all. Though their roles have been reversed, with Layla having feelings for Dio, who's hooked up with Ash, thanks to Melissa's wand!
- Bishōnen: Certainly enough to make Layla forget about Kade, and make Chloe turn evil.
- Bi the Way: Fell in love with Ash, due to Melissa's magic wand, but is still attracted to women sometimes.
- Fantastic Racism: He wastes no time in bragging to Ace how Vampires are the superior race, and tends to call him mutt or any related names.
- Flat Character: Fans have begun to regard him this way, due to a lack of characterization, compared to the rest of the cast.
- French Jerk: Dio is French (from Marseille, to be precise), though his nationality is almost never mentioned and never comes into play in his jerkass moments.
- Jerkass: Dio is full of himself, dismissive of anyone he deems inferior to him, classist and displays Fantastic Racism like it was nothing. His one redeeming trait is that he's not a womanizer, while it would be very easy for him.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After taunting a shrunken Kade, Kade tells him, "Why don't you come down here and say that to my face!" One POOF later, Dio's shrunk down too.
- Upper-Class Twit: He comes from a prestigious vampire family himself, and he's very full of himself.