Characters: Charybdis Academy
aka: Eerie Cuties
A partial character list for Eerie Cuties
. See also:
open/close all folders
The main character (sort of). A young vampire born on Easter, she feeds on chocolate instead of blood.
- Incorruptible Pure Pureness: Chloe, and possibly others, seems to see Nina as this, though there are hints that there is something darker within (Sisterly Love arc). Other characters have acted to shield her from darker, or at least more mature, things.
- According to demonically-empowered Chloe, Nina exudes an aura of pure innocence. Due to being a succubus, Chloe is compelled to corrupt her, but the fact that Nina is so very innocent, combined with the fact that they were pretty good friends before Chloe became demonically-empowered, causes her to have a bad reaction.
- It's All About Me: When she discovered that Brooke was dating Ace, her immediate response was "I thought you were my friend!" and running off crying, calling Ace her "special puppy" despite Ace never having shown romantic interest in her. The kicker? She did all this while possessing Laura's height, which was stolen from her by Tia, after having promised she would give it back after a few minutes. It only gets worse from there.
- Older Than They Look:
- Nina is 14, but she looks and acts like as if she was about half of her age.
- With her height increased and hairstyle changed in the way that it is it could be argued she's now younger than she looks. It also makes her immature behavior more apparent.
- Spoiled Brat: Started out as Spoiled Sweet, but is slowly devolving into this.
- Sweet Tooth: As mentioned above she feeds on chocolate not blood.
- Later has Heroic BSOD when Laura admits she doesn't like chocolate.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Started out Spoiled Sweet bu has turned into a brat, especially when she gained laura's height and curves. Did it at first to get Ace's attention even though he was dating but then when he was interested put him at the bottom of a list because she was dating a lot of boys. was very reluctant to return what Laura had given her and after she did was whiny about it.
- Vegetarian Vampire: Well, chocolatarian
Nina's older sister, determined to make Nina drink blood.
- A-Cup Angst: A recent set of guest strips has her victimized with this after Melissa Hellrune goes "Abizmal Arbutus Mozenrath!" (Mel quickly reverses it when Brooke enters.)
- Cute Little Fangs: Hers become visible whenever she's nervous or unsure of something.
- Defrosting Ice Queen: Hanging out with Tiffany gives Layla a chance to be seen outside of her usual defensive persona, which is pretty universally considered a good thing by the audience. Naturally, none of the regular cast have gotten to see this side of her yet.
- Engineered Public Confession: When Doompany-possessed Chloe nearly devours Kade's soul, Layla's jealous side comes out and tells her "Get...Get your stinking claws off my boyfriend!!" Only thing was...this was in front of the whole school...and her then-fiance, Dio (which results in Layla's engagement being voided, part of Chloe's plan.).
- Femme Fatale / Fille Fatale: Tries to be this.
- Have I Mentioned I Am Heterosexual Today?: After being Mistaken for Gay, she often finds the need to insist that she's not a lesbian.
- Ice Queen: Cess even calls her one in-story.
- Jerkass: She's self-centered, haughty and rude to pretty much everyone.
- Laser-Guided Karma: Layla falls victim to this repeatedly.
- During the Chloe-zombie scare, she was preapared to ditch Chloe and the others, believing it was "their problem", but forgot she was covered in Chloe's pheromones too and wound up eating her words. Whoops.
- Later, at Nina's slumber party, she volunteers Ace and Brooke for surprise makeovers. Brooke pays her back on the next page and the resulting catfight lands her in hot water with her mother.
- Oh and the liquor she pilfered from her dad's stash? She tricks Nina into drinking it, causing her to become sick and throw up. Guess who winds up on cleaning duty?
- And, during the Magick Chicks crossover, she agrees to go with Faith, back to her home, thinking she'd get bite, and almost ends up paying for it with her life. Good thing Tiffany showed up.
- Ms. Fanservice: Always is, but she invokes it when she wants Kade to do something for her.
- Oblivious To Hints: As a part of her general obliviousness. When her mom tried to let slip the Arranged Marriage business, she was dead set on immediately clearing the miscommunication which no one else had seen as a big deal. And during the Doompanties incident, Chloe had to spell out exactly what just happened after setting her up.
- Ship Tease: With Brooke and Tiffany.
- Tempting Fate: She's set her human friend, Tiffany, up on a date with her vampire ex, Dio, has a Catapult Nightmare after realizing what she's done, then asks the inevitable question.
- She said she had "curvy perfection" to Melissa in the "Art Scholarship" Interlude strips, and Mel's spell makes her have anything but.
- The Nicknamer: She has one for each of the main cast:
- Tsundere: Sh-shut up you stupid catboy, not that I really care! <blush>.
A succubus, who considers herself to be ugly by succubus standards (though she acknowledges that she's pretty by human standards), despite her many admirers. Much to the surprise of readers, she now has her own webcomic Spin-Off
— Dangerously Chloe
. See that character page for her entry.
. She can turn into a snake monster, but resents her monster form and tries to hide it. Generally laid-back and cool, but confused and shy when it comes to romance.
- Covert Pervert: She's just looking for "evidence". Honest.
- Deadpan Snarker: See for yourself.
- Distracted by My Own Sexy: Brooke was totally checking herself out in Ace's old uniform.
- Feather Boa Constrictor: She almost always wears her pet snake, Seth around her neck.
- Foil: To Layla, as seen in the Deadpan Snarker entry.
- Girlish Pigtails: Brooke wore her hair like that when she was a little girl, as shown in flashbacks.
- Homoerotic Subtext: In moments like these with Layla.
- Hulking Out: When Ash pushed her one step too far, she went snake-girl on him.
- My God, What Have I Done?: After Cute Witch Magical Girl Melissa snaps her out of her feral melusine mindset, she suddenly realizes her sparring partner Ash, who'd goaded her into "going all-out" isn't breathing. This causes a major guilt-and-panic double attack with Brooke.
- Only Sane Girl: There's Cloudcuckoolander Nina, Jerkass Layla, The Casanova Kade, Guy Magnet Chloe and Gender Bended Ace. And then there's Brooke.
- Punny Name: Say it fast.
- Scaled Up: Her melusine form is a snake-girl. One with a LONG body and coiling ability. When her eyes go from human to snake, it might not end well. Usually caused by getting her mad.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: despite all the jokes about Brooke looking like a boy, and her tomboyish behavior, she's defintely all woman... when she tries.
- Ship Tease: with Layla and Ace!
. He's Layla's boyfriend, and the object of Nina and Brooke's
A werewolf, and Nina's unwilling friend. Had an extended period of time as a girl following the artifact incident but has since reverted.
- Butt Monkey:
- Always seemed to get the short end of the stick ever since he met Nina. Even when the first met boy passing by was going to become a lab rat for Wilhelmina's demonstration, it just had to be him.
- Though since his recovery from the Orb, life seems to have picked up for him a bit, to the point that he and Brooke seem to have hooked up successfully (also, the bonus feature in the print edition).
- Then Tia removes these improvements and reverts him back to his old self to spite Brooke. One's starting to get the feeling the author hates him.
- CPR (Clean, Pretty, Reliable): When Mel (who doesn't know how to do CPR) or Brooke (who doesn't have lips) can't do this for a not-breathing Ash, Ace must.
- Deadpan Snarker: Occasionally, usually in regard to Layla.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Nina calls him "Puppy!".
- Extreme Doormat: He tries, but he can't seem to stick up for himself. The one time he tried, Layla shut him down instantly.
- Fan Nickname: After he was turned into a girl, some fans called him Grace.
- Gender Bender: For almost half the strip by the time it's reversed.
- Fanservice Pack:
- Nice Guy
- No Periods, Period: Averted by girl Ace here.
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body:
- After becoming a girl, he is not only attracted to boys, but also wants to "go to the mall and buy cute outfits and stuff".
Professor Twigitt: I've never had those urges. That's just you.
- His girl-side is attracted to Ash when Ace must give him CPR.
Girl Ace: EEE! He's such a cutie!
Boy Ace: Sh-shut up, girl-me!
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: Apparently, being stuck as a girl for a while left behind some side effects.
- Your Cheating Heart: Well its kinda complicated. Mel sorta pushed him into that position and he just went along with it.
Nina's doll, possessed by the spirit of a man; absolutely shameless pervert.
- Hidden Depths: There seems to be more going on than first thought. Why he suddenly has this dark scene has led to a lot of WMGing.
- Panty Thief: As if his character image isn't obvious enough.
- Spanner in the Works / Wild Card: Blair has two cases of these which stand out. In both he showed he didn't mind interfering with the plans of others if it helped his goals or even jeopardized the good thing he had in the process.
- He stole the Orb Of Tiresias from the Hellrune Coven to put the whole school into a major gender-bending fiasco that almost turned the school into his own paradise of blonde buxom bimbos, even Nina, who loved him.
- When told the Doompanties were the rarest panties in the universe, he stole them off of Chloe, not caring if he lost the Heaven he was in with her. Or that he'd be locked in the box with them for a very very long time.
The Hellrune Coven
Cess and Laura
Cessily (Cess) and Laura
After the Hellrune coven is sent to a different school, these two plot to become the new Alpha Females. While Chloe is wearing the Doompanties, she transforms the two into succubi to boost her power.
A Snow Fairy.
- An Ice Person
- Buxom Is Better: She seems more comfortable with having bigger breasts thanks to Tia now than she did when Chloe did it earlier.
- Inelegant Blubbering: After turning Laura away initially, Cess sees the now-shorter Laura in her Loli-outfit. Seeing this reminds Cess how Laura looked as a kid...and this causes Cess to tear up and hug Laura tightly to her bosom, wailing "I missed you SO muuuuuuch!"
- Laser-Guided Karma: She talked about having Chloe's E-cup breasts done in school colors, then rigging Chloe's bra to pop open and flash the football team. Cess is shocked when they see Chloe with smaller breasts (Chloe was tired of having to lug around those massive breasts). Eventually, Cess and Laura both get E-cups of their own thanks to Chloe, and Cess realizes how heavy they were.
- And another piece of it when after she'd gotten used to them, they left once the Doompanties were sealed back in their box.
- Only Sane Man: Much more sensible than Laura.
- Voluntary Shapeshifter: Cess can change her hand and part of her arm to be an ice-based hammer to knock some sense into Laura when she thinks Cess should dye her hair red. Later made a lockpick icicle on her finger.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair
A fire ifrit.
- Burning with Anger: Her temper causes Power Incontinence for her.
- Butt Monkey: Has run into a lot of misfortune as of late. She loses her breasts thanks to Tia, Cessily leaves her when she thinks Laura was manipulating her as per her species (once again thanks to Tia). And when Nina tries to help her, yet another run in with Tia results in her losing her height. But she might be having a means to deal with it (see Idea Bulb).
- Buxom Is Better: She was happy with her new breasts. Until she lost them when the Doompanties were relocked into their box.
- Again when Tia briefly gave them back—then turned around to endow them to Cessily. She was told the only way to GET them back was for Cessily to give them to Laura willingly. And shortly afterwards Tia grabs Cess before Laura can do that.
- The Ditz
- Obfuscating Stupidity: Once out of Cess and Evil Chloe's influence, she challenges Tia on a "cute with cute" field and uses her ditziness to cover this up (and have Tia think this extra ditziness might have been a result of her stealing the height and curves from Laura).
- Dumb Blonde: Previously until Tia did her nastiness to Laura. Then...
- Fun Size: Tia takes away Laura's height and gives it to Nina. However, this makes Laura realize she looks adorable—and realize she can challenge Tia on "adorability" now. Going to "The Trendy Loli," Laura uses this to win over everyone, and even use her "aura of innocence" to hurt Tia with a hug (as it "Burns" Tia in doing so).
- Lil' Ms. Sunshine: Laura's plan for getting back at Tia was to be the cutest, most adorable 'lil moeblob ever. It worked.
- Obfuscating Insanity: Tia initially thinks Laura's lost it. However, this is Laura trying to go "full Lolita" to give enough cred to her own plan to take on Tia.
- Playing with Fire
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Uses this on Mr. Purvis to convince him not to punish her due to her non-uniform attire (she also adds that her uniforms don't fit her anymore given her height was taken away by Tia).
- Spanner in the Works: Tia Darkness claims that this is an ifrit's nature, using it to drive a wedge between Cessily and Laura by pointing out the latter can't HELP but mess up the former's plans. When Laura finally realizes that she can put this to use against ''Tia,'' Tia's machinations begin to collapse hard.
An adorable very young dark-haired demoness (succubus?). Appeared when Cessily, Laura and Nina tried to summon Chloe back and immediately began to show who's the boss. Seems to be a competent magic user.
Queen Lamia Asra-pa Quintessa and Mr. Boodles
A vampire queen and her cat. Lived a long time before the story starts. Ace and Nina have to do a report on her.
Nina and Layla's mother. She's apparently had 13 children. Not the loner sort of a vampire - she prefers to keep some company around and is unhappy about her daughters being mostly absent, that is in school or asleep.
- Absurdly Youthful Mother: Justified, since she's a vampire.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: As either sister will happily tell you. See Lesbian Vampire and Too Much Information.
- Lesbian Vampire: Not exactly, but she apparently went through a "phase" with Adora Love, who happens to be Chloe's mom. This causes her to be very... friendly... towards Chloe.
Maria: Of course! Adora Love's daughter!
Chloe: You knew my mother?
Maria: We were schoolmates. Your mother had the... sweetest blood.
Chloe: ...h-how interesting, Mrs. Delacroix.
Maria: Please, call me Maria! <3
- Sexy Backless Outfit: Is fond of wearing those.
- Silk Hiding Steel: She's a nice and worldly lady who showers everyone with care and hospitality... and suddenly becomes firm and lays down the law when thinks it's really necessary.
- Too Much Information:
It's okay, girls! You're just going through a phase. I went through the same phase, myself. With Chloe's mother! Chloe:
Ohh! The things she would do to me...! They made me quiver
. Layla/Brooke/Chloe: [look Squicked out] Brooke: [covers Nina's ears] Nina:
A teacher at Charybdis Heights.
- Open Minded Parent: When Ace goes to school as a boy and comes home as a girl...
Mr. Wolfhart: (Glomps Ace)
I've always wanted a daughter!
The Delacroix's housekeeper. It's unknown what
she is, just that she looks kinda like an owl and is creepy.
- Bad Boss: In Tiffany's eyes—in reality, she just wants Tiffany to, you know, do her job.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: At the mercy of Layla's-Body!Nina. Blair's taking advantage. Also, Layla brainwashed her into giving Tiffany a raise.
- Only Sane Employee: Considering that she's working with Tiffany, this isn't hard to do.
- Arranged Marriage:
- Formerly, between him and Layla, but it was deep-sixed, when he learned she was in love with Kade. Except his father won't allow him to return home without one of the Delacroix sisters as his bride. So he's stuck hopelessly pusuing Layla.
- Then again, it may not be so hopeless after all. Though their roles have been reversed, with Layla having feelings for Dio, who's hooked up with Ash, thanks to Melissa's wand!
- Bishōnen: Certainly enough to make Layla forget about Kade.
- Bi the Way: Fell in love with Ash, due to Melissa's magic wand, but is still attracted to women sometimes.
- Flat Character: Fans have begun to regard him this way, due to a lack of characterization, compared to the rest of the cast.
- Laser-Guided Karma: After taunting a shrunken Kade, Kade tells him, "Why don't you come down here and say that to my face!" One POOF later, Dio's shrunk down too.