Webcomic: Dangerously Chloe
Another spin-off in the Eerie Cuties
'verse, Dangerously Chloe
follows the exploits of the succubus Chloe Love (last seen in Eerie Cuties
leaving to go to a new school after an incident with Doom Panties made her evil), who got summoned from Hell due to a misunderstanding with a museum "burglar" and a blood oath.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Aren't You Going to Ravish Me?: Chloe first assumed she got summoned for sex and prepared to "get this over with", but that so wasn't going to happen. Justified in that she is a succubus, and sex is just what they do.
- Art Shift: sort of. It doesn't ( so far) use visibly different artists in the same way as some if the EC-verse strips do, but there was a sudden change to the design of Abby and several strips were reported, to avoid Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick in the firm of implied incest
- Bedmate Reveal: Chapter 2 (aptly titled "Demon in Bed") starts with one.
- Blood Magic: How Teddy accidentally made a Deal with the Devil.
- Can't Have Sex, Ever: Not without Teddy dying and being damned to Hell at least.
- Chibi: Chloe looks adorable as is, but cutesy of moments rendered as chibi-fied panels dangerously approaches brain-melting level.
- Comically Missing the Point: When Abby gets upset upon learning that, when Chloe sleeps with Teddy, she will "'love' him to death," Pandora reassures her that it's just an expression: "There's very little 'love' involved."
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: The Sweater of Pure Itch.
- Deal with the Devil: Due to accidentally smearing his blood on an old statue, Teddy traded his soul for a girlfriend. He didn't really want anything, that was just the only thing he could think of.
- Did They or Didn't They?: What? Oh... No! Nonono, of course, not! ... Still... no time like the present, right?
- Distracted by the Sexy: Surprisingly enough, Chloe once she sees Teddy without a shirt. It seems as though it made her forget that getting it on with him would kill him so when she jumped his bones...yeah, whoops.
- Don't Fear the Reaper: Alchemy
- Dramatic Unmask: Prudence's "Revelo!" magic dispels Pandora's glamour she used to impersonate Chloe.
- Dominatrix: Sergeant Ilsa Slash-Stab looks the part of a military-based one at least. Complete with chains and whip around her waist.
- Easily Forgiven: After an initial Freak Out, Teddy and his sister quickly forgive Chloe for completely mucking up their past. Teddy accepts that the situation was a Stable Time Loop, and Chloe explained that she only wanted to help. He also prevents her from trying to get his parents back together, claiming that they are happier being separated.
- Everything Sounds Sexier in French: French is part of the Chloe's curriculum for exactly this reason.
- Evil Is Petty: Confronted by a too-clever (younger) Melissa, Chloe slaps her ice-cream to the ground.
- Exact Words: Tedd makes Chloe promise not to turn up at his school as a "mysterious transfer student." However, this does not cover turning up as a substitute teacher
- Fantastic Arousal: A succubus' horns are sensitive. Very sensitive.
- Fantastic Racism: The Angels don't like succubi or those who associate with them.
- And just as well, when "Chloe" tells Angel Charity what MIGHT have happened if Charity hadn't shown up to arrest "Pandora." It causes Charity to blush—and once the door is closed, for "Chloe" to call Charity "Dumbass!"
- Finger Flick of Negation: Pandora-as-Chloe flicks Prudence in the nose twice, once to stop her from powering up and again to stop Prudence from using the "Lord Cleaver of Heavens" BFS.
- Flight of Romance: ... meets Bridal Carry. Early on. "I have wings, dummy!" Either succubi are very strong fliers, or continuous power-up helps.
- Funetik Aksent: In Chloe's "substitute French teacher" disguise, she has a really thick French accent.
- Gilligan Cut: Naomi promises not to get involved with Teddy. The very next panel, she's asking him out.
- Chloe uses one to become Cloe D'amour, French Teacher.
- Pandora uses TWO:
- Her first one to make Chloe look more like Pandora's darker-skinned, two-color haired original self (which fools an angel armed to capture Pandora).
- The second is to make PANDORA look like a more wholesome version of the real Chloe to further carry out the charade. "Revelo" is used by Prudence to dispel this in front of Teddy and Abby when the clinching fact of their hands not glowing proves this isn't the "Real Chloe" but an impostor.
- Good Is Dumb: The first three angels shown are simple minded and thoroughly incompetent.
- Harem Genre: A western example; the creators make no secret of their fondness for manga and anime, and Teddy steadily accumulates a retinue of cute girls with varying levels of unsuitability and interest.
- Hot Teacher: Chloe disguises herself as Miss Chloe D'amour, French teacher.
- I Know Mortal Kombat: Abby thinks she's able to be a competent lawyer simply because she's played the Phoenix Wright games.
- Incest Subtext: Teddy's younger sister sometimes gives off this vibe; like when she had Chloe transform into an older, bustier version of her in a bikini and then had her hug Teddy as revenge for his mockery of her. It doesn't help that in her first appearance in the comic she accuses Teddy of adultery when she sees him in bed with Chloe.
- This falls somewhere uncomfortably between Brick Joke and Bread, Eggs, Milk, Squick, in the light of subsequent developments.
- However, it is stated that Abby doesn't understand the definition of the word "Adultery."
- Invisible to Normals: Angels' halo and wings are invisible to normal humans unless they allow them to be seen.
- Magical Girlfriend: Chloe herself.
- Mark of the Beast: When the demonic statue contacts Teddy, he immediately receives a pentacle on the back of his left hand. Later it fades out of view.
- Mistaken for Aliens: Naomi came to the conclusion that Teddy and co. were aliens, due to misinterpreting some of their shapeshifting and other odd behavior. The sci-fi B movie she was watching at the time didn't help.
Naomi: Aliens! It's the only explanation for that horned girl! Except for some sort of Heaven/Hell thing, which is just ridiculous.
- Mistaken for Pedophile:
- Poor Teddy falls into this when his little sister finds him in bed with a strange woman.
Abigail: ADULTERER! Teddy:
...Uh, do you even know what that word means? Chloe:
see what's going on. Like 'em young
, huh? [sheds a few years]
No wonder you're going to Hell!
- This becomes a Running Gag whenever she bursts in on him seemingly doing sexual acts. Even the Angels have raised the accusation.
- Mr. Seahorse: Succubi don't get pregnant. They effectively take the male role, slipping their essence inside their special guy, resulting in what is implied to be a Chest Burster clawing its way out nine months later. Good thing demon boys are resilient.
- Morphic Resonance:
- Teddy starts to wonder what's up when "Chloe's" (actually Pandora in disguise) horns aren't as long as they usually are. And later when he finds her chest isn't as big as it usually is.
- When Teddy is given Chloe's "cold cure," he finds it's from her blood—which explains why he looks like a wingless, hornless double of her.
- An attempt to have Chloe mimic Teddy doesn't quite work: the result is a Gender Flip version of Teddy.
- Names to Run Away From Really Fast: Sergeant Slash-Stab.
- New Transfer Student: Defied when Chloe suggests she go to school with Teddy to help set him up with a girl, and he tells her that she is not to come in and pose as one. He forgot to forbid her from posing as the new substitute French teacher.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Everything that went south with Teddy's life, like their father cheating on their mother and the cousin that tried to set Jacqui and Ted up when they were kids, but things didn't work out? Chloe caused everything when she ended up being sent back in time. The cheating? Chloe mistook Ted's Aunt with his Mother and used her powers to increase their lust for each other to get them out of the house so she could help set Jacqui and Ted up. The cousin? Chloe made up that she was Ted's distant relative. When Chloe realizes how much she damaged Ted's life...
- No Indoor Voice: The Dread Lord Ba'alln'shigoroth. Which is very bad since Teddy was sneaking through a museum at the time.
Teddy: Shh! Can you turn down the volume?
- Only Mostly Dead: Chloe accidentally killed Teddy in a succubus frenzy, providing the picture at the top of the page.
- Protectorate / Distressed Damsel / Distressed Dude: Teddy — not unreasonably — considers their predicament his fault and thus right away swears to protect Chloe. She's quite touched by this, but even if she can't shoot hellfire from hands without doompanties, she's still a demon-girl strong enough to carry him while flying, so they start with her getting him out of the trouble.
- Panty Shot: oh, so much....
- Peek-A-Boo Corpse: Teddy gets stuffed into the refrigerator after Chloe accidentally kills him by giving him a very, ahem, hands-on lesson on how to be a better kisser.
- Psychopomp: Alchemy. She even has a scythe.
- Retcon: In strip 36, Chloe does not know what "carte blanche" means, but within six strips, she is revealed to have learned French well enough to pose as a French teacher.
- Running Gag: "ADULTERER!"
- Scarpia Ultimatum: Chloe, in her guise as a French teacher, picks the school's star quarterback and threatens to cut him from the team for poor grades if he doesn't join her for an extracurricular activity. She was hungry, he was convenient, and she also figured that draining his Life Energy might also help her pry loose one of the girls he was dating for Teddy. Shortly thereafter, she uses a similar threat on a cheerleader to get her to date Teddy, but the date goes south because of other meddling by Chloe.
- Sexy Silhouette: On her first page Chloe appears this way in a flash.
- Shape Shifter Mode Lock: Pandora has magic lipstick that can do this. She uses it to make Chloe assume her form and trap her in it for a while.
- Shared Universe: With Eerie Cuties, Magick Chicks, and Vampire Cheerleaders.
- She Who Hunts Demons: Charity's heavy-handed interrogation of Pandora-glamoured Chloe is enough for Zachuriel to put his foot down on it (Charity causes Chloe's bonds to constrict, almost choking her before Zachuriel ends it).
- Teddy was roared at until he made a meaningful wish, which happened to be a subjunctive admission that maybe he'd want a girlfriend... cue a young succubus silhouette appearing. Several readers on the forum immediately asked whether it's going to be "Ah! My Demoness" scenario. And continued until the end of the chapter. In the next, "Succubus 3rd class, of Tartarus Academy" kind of sealed it.
- Teddy introduced himself as Ted- Theodore Decarlo.
- Sergeant Slash-Stab has the name of Ilsa (just like the infamous "She-Wolf of the SS").
- Sleep Cute: The "Chrismas Eve" artwork especially.
- Spot the Impostor: Teddy's realizing this isn't the real—HIS—Chloe he's dealing with:
- 1) "Chloe" forgot she was supposed to KEEP his soul OUT of Hell (which the real Chloe didn't).
- 2) She's got horns that are more sensitive and a LOT Smaller than the real Chloe's.
- 3) She's not as endowed as the "real Chloe" either..
- 4) He's just realized her hand's NOT glowing—something HIS Chloe had about her hand.
- Stable Time Loop: Early in the series, Teddy's sister Abigail mentions that their father cheated on their mother, which is why she got a divorce and left. At the time, this was meant as just a bit of background information. Some time later, the portal Chloe took to return to Earth went wrong, sending her several years into the past. Taking advantage of this opportunity, she decides to manipulate the past so the then-younger Jacqui will fall in love with the then-younger Teddy. So she sends who she assumes are Teddy's mother and father away on a romantic getaway. Just one problem: The woman Chloe sent with their father wasn't their mother. It was their aunt (their mother's sister). Right about when their actual mother comes home, Chloe remembers something about Teddy's father cheating with another woman, now known to be their aunt. And Chloe just caused that. Oops.
- Oh and her pheromone powers are what turned Jacqui into her current boycrazy self, when she was still in the boys are gross phase.
- Strange Minds Think Alike: Both Abigail and Prudence call Teddy "Adulterer" when they witnessed this. Lampshaded by Ted.
Teddy: Still not the right word.
- The Talk: Abby is just starting to notice boys, and her parents aren't around, so Chloe and Pandora resolve to give her The Talk. Which might be good if they weren't both succubuses. Fortunately they're not excessively evil as sex demons go, but unfortunately they don't understand mortals very well either. Abby ends up with a very skewed idea of what it entails, leaving her horrified and causing her to promise her brother she will never let him sleep with a girl ever.
- Teleporter Accident: When Chloe comes back from a brief jaunt to Hell, the portal glitches and sends her to the past.
- Tempting Fate: "The girls at my school wouldn't come within ten feet of m-" Teddy doesn't even get to finish the thought before he's glomped from behind.
- There Is Only One Bed: Waking up next to a mostly clothed succubus. Probably unusual.
- Truth Serums: Gabrielle used one on Naomi and Prudence. Since Prudence is an angel, it ends up having the opposite effect and results in her temporarily becoming a Bad Liar.
- Unwanted Harem: Teddy accumulates quite a retinue of what appear to be attractive young women. Unfortunately, the nonhumans are mostly potentially lethal to him for various reasons, and the humans either dismiss him as weird or think he's literally an alien.
- What Did I Do Last Night?: "Chapter 2: Demon In Bed".
- That Was Not A Dream: "You... you're not real... you were a dream!" Nope, she's here and she's a succubus.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: Naomi becomes convinced that Teddy and Chloe are extra-terrestrial aliens out to kidnap human women.
- Your Approval Fills Me with Shame: Sargent Slash-Stab gives Chloe extra credit, outlining how Chloe has ruined Teddy's life. Naturally, as Chloe was trying to fix it, she is less than pleased with this boost to her grades.
- You Keep Using That Word: Twice now Teddy had been called an "adulterer" - he lampshades this.
- Zettai Ryouiki: Chloe had Grade A when summoned — this may or may not be the uniform of succubi-only school to which she got temporarily transferred.