Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong is an Australian-Canadian animated show originally made for Teletoon and ABC Me. Created by Mike Geiger, the series was produced by Canada's Entertainment One and Australia's Sticky Pictures (with Atomic Cartoons providing the animation).
The series stars an adventurous 12-year-old boy named Winston Steinburger, a dimwitted anthropomorphic cat named Sir Dudley Ding Dong, and a sarcastic mouse-like alien named Hampton. The trio live in the faraway Globulus Galaxy, where they work at a space diner run by an alien named Cutty. When not on the job, the three explore the galaxy together with a homemade space cruiser and encounter all manner of galactic thrills and danger, such as their hero, the space cop Sgt. Sasha Spritz, or their archenemy, the pint-sized galactic supervillain Pam the Destroyer.
The series debuted in 2016 on ABC Me and later came to Teletoon in 2017. It ran for 26 episodes over a single season.
Tropes asocciated with this cartoon:
- Alien Animals: Hampton looks like a mouse.
- Awesome Mc Coolname: Sir Dudley Ding Dong the cat.
- Comic Trio: Winston leads the three on their misadventures, Dudley is the idiot who follows along, and Hampton is the one whose warnings and snark are always ignored.
- Cool Old Guy: Cutty, the alien chef who runs the diner the trio work at.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hampton makes plenty of sarcastic remarks, especially in regards to Dudley's idiocy.
- The Ditz: Dudley is not a very intelligent feline.
- Enfant Terrible: Pam the Destroyer, a little girl who also happens to be a galactic supervillain with a crush on Winston.
- Fish out of Water: Winston and Dudley both came to the Globulus Galaxy from Earth when they were very little.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Winston often creates various gadgets to make his life easier. Most of them don't work well.
- Greasy Spoon: Cutty's diner, where Winston, Dudley, and Hampton all work at.
- Humongous Mecha: Pam the Destroyer's gigantic robot ship, Obliterator.
- In A Galaxy Far Far Away: The series is set in the Globulus Galaxy, which is described as being millions of moons away from Earth.
- Only Sane Man: Hampton is always the first of the trio of realize when their misadventures are going badly.
- Retro Rocket: The trio's ship.
- Robot Buddy: Pam has her henchman Soda.
- Space Police: Winston's hero, Sgt. Sasha Spritz, is one.
- Yandere: Pam the Destroyer is one towards Winston.