Winston Steinburger and Sir Dudley Ding Dong is an Australian-Canadian animated show originally made for Teletoon and ABC Me. Created by Mike Geiger, the series was produced by Canada's Entertainment One and Australia's Sticky Pictures (with Atomic Cartoons providing the animation).
The series stars an adventurous 12-year-old boy named Winston Steinburger, a dimwitted anthropomorphic cat named Sir Dudley Ding Dong, and a sarcastic mouse-like alien named Hampton. The trio live in the faraway Globulus Galaxy, where they work at a space diner run by an alien named Cutty. When not on the job, the three explore the galaxy together with a homemade space cruiser and encounter all manner of galactic thrills and danger, such as their hero, the space cop Sgt. Sasha Spritz, or their archenemy, the pint-sized galactic supervillain Pam the Destroyer (who also happens to have a gigantic crush on Winston, much to his dismay).
The series debuted in 2016 on ABC Me and later came to Teletoon in 2017. It ran for 26 episodes over a single season.
Tropes asocciated with this cartoon:
- Alien Animals: Several of the aliens in the series resemble animals, such as Hampton, who looks sort of like a mouse.
- Comic Trio: Winston leads the three on their misadventures, Dudley is the idiot who follows along, and Hampton is the one whose warnings and snark are always ignored.
- Deadpan Snarker: Hampton makes plenty of sarcastic remarks, especially in regards to Dudley's idiocy.
- The Ditz: Dudley is not a very intelligent feline.
- Enfant Terrible: Pam the Destroyer, a little girl who also happens to be a galactic supervillain with a crush on Winston.
- Formerly Fit: In A Beef History of Time, the Dark Lord sends the trio into the future as a result of having his "fat-free burgers" delivered late, and the brief Time Skip shows that he made it so the burgers from the diner were delivered entirely to him. This causes him to gain quite a bit of weight, his stomach having grown bigger and rounder.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Winston often creates various gadgets to make his life easier. Most of them don't work well.
- In A Galaxy Far Far Away: The series is set in the Globulus Galaxy, which is described as being millions of moons away from Earth.
- Only Sane Man: Hampton is always the first of the trio of realize when their misadventures are going badly.
- Villainous Crush: Pam the Destroyer has a huge crush on Winston, much to his dismay.