Yakkity Yak was a short-lived show created by Australian animator Mark Gravas for Nickelodeon.
It was a show about Yakkity, a yak who dreams of becoming a famous comedian, and his friends, an anthropomorphic pineapple named Keo (don't ask why) and a female human named Lemony (and on some occasions, a robot girl named Penelope).
Yakkity Yak provides examples of:
- Adobe Flash: Used to create the show's animation.
- Ambiguously Gay: Mr. Highpants, the flamboyant candy store owner Yakkity comes by.
- Artistic License Biology: The yaks in this show have antlers instead of horns.
- Bare Your Midriff: Wanda wears a purple sleeveless crop top. A few other women wear midriff tops too.
- The Ditz: Despite being rivals, Yakkity nor Rondo Jr. aren't really that distinct from each other.
- Expy: Lemony is oddly similar to Lisa Simpson, only without the use as an Author Tract.
- Funny Animal:
- And even Funny Plant!
- Getting Crap Past the Radar: Grubbity Grub was about to say to Yakkity that he sticks his hand up his butt. But they made it sound like they said another word.
- Lemony's opening narration in "High-Fashion Yak".
- Half-Human Hybrid: Keo's mother was human, while his father is a pineapple (yes, really).
- Kaleidoscope Hair: Not surprisingly, Professor Crazyhair.
- Kids Are Cruel: "As the Worm Turns", "High-Fashion Yak" and "Snow Biz"
- Our Fairies Are Different: Miss Harper is the local librarian.
- Parental Abandonment: Neither Yakkity's parents (he lives with his grandmother and her lodger, Professor Crazyhair) nor Keo's mother ever appears.
- Real Song Theme Tune: "Yakety Yak" by the Coasters.
- Scantron Picture: In one episode, Yakkity drew a picture of his face on a Scantron.
- Unmoving Plaid: Professor Crazyhair's hair, except it did move, just... not in the way you'd expect. Must be seen to be believed.