A fangame created by Florian Hufsky. It can be found here.
The game is a 4 player competition with several modes of play. Built around a Mario Brothers world, you play as a color coded Mario (or any of the skins you download) and try to win by accomplishing the goal before anybody else or have the highest points before the time ends.
- Alien Geometries: The game world uses an unwrapped toroidal universe, like Asteroids. The environments have the same geometry as the surface of a donut; this means that if you walk off the left side of the screen, you'll reappear on the right side. Fall off the bottom of the screen, and you'll reappear at the top. To prevent infinitely looping freefalls, you'll reach terminal velocity and burn up in midair if you fall too long. If you don't like this sort of thing, you can add walls to the sides of the level, or add kill zones on the sides of the screen.
- Color-Coded Multiplayer: Player 1 is red, Player 2 is green, Player 3 is yellow, and Player 4 is blue.
- Developers' Foresight:
- Kuribo's Shoe makes you immune to upward spikes. If you jump on a Spiny in Stomp mode while wearing one, it retreats into a Spiny shell, the same way stomping on a Buzzy Beetle or a Koopa would give you its shell.
- Enemies in Stomp mode can burn up from falling too far, just like players.
- The Goomba: Appears in Stomp Mode and is playable.
- Goomba Stomp: The primary way of defeating your opponents and in most modes it is a One-Hit KO.
- Massive Multiplayer Cross Over: Thanks to user-created skins, the roster includes almost every named character in the Mario-verse, several Wario and Donkey Kong characters, fanon characters such as Weegee, characters from pirated games, almost everyone that has been in a Super Smash Bros. game, characters from the games that those characters were originally from, quite a few Touhou Project characters, most of Sonic the Hedgehog's (popular) friends, and every Robot Master from the first three Mega Man games. Even 7 Grand Dad is a downloadable skin too!
- Nostalgia Level: Some maps are either remakes of levels from other video games or based on levels from other games.
- Poison Mushroom: The Trope Namer appears in this game. It can also show up as a "prize" in the bonus roulette, which prevents the infected player from collecting and using reserve items.
- Soundtrack Dissonance: Can be done intentionally when creating a map.
- The Spiny: In addition to appearing in Stomp Mode, they are also playable, albeit they are functionally the same as everyone else.
- Stuff Blowing Up: Bullet Bills explode if they collide. Bob-Omb Suits and Bombs are two of the power-ups.
- Turtle Power: Koopa Troopas appear in Stomp Mode. They, along with Bowser, are also playable.