- TV Tropes may ruin your life but at least they're honest about it.
Hello there. The name's BackSet1 or just BackSet. I request that whenever you write my name you exclusively write it as a Wiki Word.
I enjoy creative writing and video games. I especially like Kirby, as you may be able to tell.
Tropes that Apply to me
- Asexual: I'm Asexual and Aromantic and have no interest in sexual or romantic relationships with anyone, regardless of gender.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: I have quite a bit of trouble focusing due to my ADHD.
- The Baby of the Bunch: I'm considered this on Zelda Universe, being designated the "resident forum baby" despite there being users younger than me.
- Berserk Button: There are admittedly quite a few things that will set me off:
- Calling me a child or a baby.
- Similarly, saying I'm acting like a baby.
- Catcher in the Rye.
- Christmas songs. Those are rant inducing for me.
- Tea in certain contexts (for example, talking about Tea Time in Fire Emblem: Three Houses is fine but suggesting that I should drink tea or extolling its virtues to me is not)
- Catchphrase: I have many:
- My most notable one is "Poyo" which also does double duty as a Verbal Tic.
- "Anyway," Used at the beginning of a paragraph as a transition.
- "Now I'm imagining [Thing I'm Imagining]." And many variations thereof.
- "Gouge my eyes out with a spoon." In response to surpreme stupidity.
- "I did/did not/will/will not do that thing."
- "I'm gonna die." Even when it's not appropriate to the situation. Especially when it's not appropriate to the situation.
- "Who am I to question [celebrity]."
- That's [adjective]! Well, not really [same adjective], but [same adjective again].
- "I, too, [thing I agree with or also want to take part in]."
- "And you can quote me on that." Generally this comes after I make a statement or opinion that I will firmly stand by. And you can quote me on that.
- Dangerous 16th Birthday: Thankfully averted but I was worried this would be the case in the leadup to my 16th birthday.
- Deadpan Snarker: I can't resist indulging in a bit of smartass-ery every now and then.
- Does Not Like Spam: Tea and Potatoes (minus french fries and chips).
- Fourth-Wall Observer: I tend to treat everything like a TV Show.
- Hates Being Touched: Unless I initiate it myself, I hate physical contact of any sort and people who touch me tend to get hurt.
- Late to the Punchline: Ironically, the punchline I was late to was the image on Late to the Punchline.
- Perfectly Cromulent Word: I made up the word "Hmm'd" as a dialogue tag for when characters say, well, "Hmmm..."
- In general I just love doing these. I recently made up the word "Page-ification" and several variants thereof such as "Page-ify" and "Page-ified."
- Self-Deprecating Humor: I tend to be rather down on myself with jokes.
- Sophisticated as Hell: I have a habit of saying big words and then calling someone a massive prick in the same sentence.
- Verbal Tic: I tack poyo on both the beginning and ending of my sentences a lot. Poyo.
- I also tend to begin sentences with "Right."
I am also a proud researcher and contributor to The Pokédex - Extended Fanon Edition and have written several articles.
Articles I've written
Insert funny stinger here.