- Actor Allusion:
- In the episode "Wham Up", the Baker, who is voiced by Kevin McDonald, bakes a cake that says "Happy Birthday Kevin".
- Bampy is voiced by Tim Conway. Keep that in mind and watch him play the World's Oldest Man in a Carol Burnett Show sketch.
- All-Star Cast: Nearly every character is played by a famous actor/comedian. Chris Parnell of Saturday Night Live fame, H. Jon Benjamin from Home Movies, Patton Oswalt from Ratatouille, John C. McGinley...just check out the cast page on IMDB.
- Fake Brit: Tobey's upper-class British accent is provided by American Patton Oswalt. It's been speculated that he is one In-Universe too, as the accent tends to slip when he's talking to his mother, though Word of God has denied this.
- Same with Reginald and H. Jon Benjamin.
- Name's the Same: A kid named TJ who has an older sister named Becky. Doesn't that sound familiar?
- No Export for You: The show never aired in Poland or the rest of Central and Eastern Europe at all.
- Production Posse: Chris Parnell and H. Jon Benjamin later worked on Archer together; Benjamin and Fred Stoller had earlier worked on another Soup2Nuts series, Science Court, and Benjamin had also been a primary voice on the Soup2Nuts/Tom Snyder series Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist and Home Movies.
- The Other Darrin: In Lady Redundant Woman's premier episode, she was voiced by Amanda Plummer. Since then she's been voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- What Could Have Been:
- The producers actually wanted Reese Witherspoon to voice WordGirl.
- There was going to be an episode of the show written by a young fan of the show named Esme. Unfortunately, the episode never got past script form because of the show being cancelled after many stations dropped it at the same time the PBS Kids Go! block ended.
- The Wiki Rule: It has one.
- Word of Gay: According to associate producer Liz Breen on Tumblr, TJ and Johnson are canonically in a gay relationship.
Trivia / WordGirl