- "Horn, Sweet Horn" has a bit of a nod at My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic what with the unicorn plot. Especially with this exchange.Buttercup: Whoa, it's a pony.Blossom: His legs are too long to be a pony, he's a colt.Buttercup: Huh, then what's a filly?Blossom: I dunno, a.. pony with attitude?
- To game refs in the climax of "Bye Bye Bellum" when the Mayor comes to rescue the girls, mostly toward Street Fighter, Donkey Kong and Mortal Kombat. Scott Pilgrim likewise gets a shout out due to the Calling Your Attacks of the combos and similar font for the scores.
- Princess' Demonic Possession in "Tiara Trouble" invokes The Exorcist allusions.
- One of the members of the band that shows up after Blossom and Bubbles fall under Allegro's influence in "Painbow" is a yellow rabbit with square buckteeth.
- The giant flame woman from "Escape from Monster Island" looks a lot like a monstrous version of Flame Princess.
- Bubbles mentions "Legs Luthor" as a name for her leg cast in "Strong Armed".
- The 1970's Space Tow Truck movie that Buttercup and Bubbles watch in "Puffdora's Box" features a character that bears some resemblance to the King of All Cosmos.
- In "Escape From Monster Island", Bubbles makes Buttercup call herself a "buttzilla".
- The Movie Space Tow Trucks vs Judge Tread parodies both Star Wars and Judge Dredd.
- Professor Newtonium's "perfect little boy" is an expy of Astro from Astro Boy.
- Bliss' costume trying montage involves her dressing up as a purple Spider-Man and her sisters making fun of Wonder Woman's lack of pants.
- One episode featured a villain referencing The Warriors.
- The title of "The Last Donnycorn" references The Last Unicorn, the villain is a The Terminator reference, and there is a The Big Lebowski poster in the background.
- "Home, Sweet Homesick" features a song that's heavily influenced by David Bowie's "Space Oddity".
- "Mini Golf Madness" takes place in a rundown ragtime-themed mini golf course. It features reference to early-to-mid 20th century cartoons such as Betty Boop and Top Cat.
- One episode features a homage sequence to Tintin.
- "Imagine That" has a character imitating Goofy's laugh. The episode itself is also similar to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic's season 2 premiere, with Him playing a Discord-like trickster who turns Bubbles' monochrome and joyless.
- Being a Halloween Episode, "Midnight at the Mayor's Mansion" has a lot of shout outs:
- "Monkey Love" contains a Suspiciously Similar Song to The Manhattans' "Shining Star" and another to The Beach Boys' "Wouldn't It Be Nice?"
- In one flashback during "The Power of Four" special, the Professor tickles Bliss with Puppet Pals hand puppets. Puppet Pals were a reoccuring sketch in Dexter's Laboratory.
- "You're A Good Man, Mojo Jojo":
- The episode is Yet Another Christmas Carol.
- The title is a How the Grinch Stole Christmas! reference. The plot is also partially a How the Character Stole Christmas episode due to Mojo stealing presents in his sled, only to give them back after having a change or heart.
- Mojo sings a parody of "Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley.
- The snowman narrator is a pastiche of Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer's snowman.
- "Never Been Blissed" features a reference to the scene in Back to the Future where Marty plays rock on stage.
- The title to "The Blossom Files" references The X-Files.
Shout Out / The Powerpuff Girls (2016)