Tear has quite a habit of referencing various movies, songs and other Youtube content creators in his commentaries. This is a list of some of them:
- Tear occasionally mentions that somebody named Barry is responsible for editing his videos, even thought he actually edits them himself up until about June 2016 when he began hiring editors to up his long since decreasing video output.
- One of his occasional CatchPhrases is "They're coming to get you Barbara!"
- Another one of his random catch phrases is saying "Turn around, bright eyes" when stabbing an enemy from behind, which is a line from the song "Total Eclipse of the Heart" by Bonnie Tyler.
- The name of his The Binding of Isaac series, "A Doomed Descent".
- The title of episode 101 of The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth: "THE NIGHTMARE BEFORE KEEPER"
- The title of the third episode of Fallout 4: "THE CURIOUS CASE OF VAULT 95".
- The title of his Just Cause 3 video, "PHYSICS HAVE NO POWER HERE".
- The title of his Paint the Town Red video is "I'M GOING TO NEED A BIGGER BRUSH".
- From his Bloodborne playthrough:
Tear: There's a little fish man with a stick coming up behind me, trying to hurt me. (Tear kills the giant fish man) He didn't. He was guarding you, he was the bait for me to go after him and you to jump me. He didn't do a thing, he's just fucking walking side to side doing to "yo hee yo, yoo". I mean the wicked fish of the fucking west didn't even care about you.
- In the first episode, after talking to the woman who tells Tear that he's stuck outside on the night of the hunt, he states that it's not he who's stuck out here with them, but they are the ones stuck out there with him.
- In the fifth episode of The Old Hunters DLC, while walking into a supposed fish man ambush in the Fishing Hamlet, Tear remarks:
- The names of some of his Darkest Dungeon characters are "Shanallote", "Oscar" and "Corvo".
- From his Dark Souls playthrough
- From his Dark Souls 2 playthrough:
They can rat if they want to
- His Scholar of the First Sin character is both modeled after and affectionately called "Googley-eyed Ganon".
- During Tear's NG+10 broken ladle run against the Royal Rat Vanguard, he started singing:
You can leave your rats behind
Cause if they're no rats
And then there are rats
Then you can fuck off and die!
Tear: No, no no no, Benhart, Benhart is not the one you want, this is not the summon you were looking for!
- During his NG+10 broken ladle run against the Looking Glass Knight, when Benhart of Jugo, an NPC that Tear summoned in for the boss fight, attracted the attention of the boss, Tear commented:
- During his NG+10 broken ladle fight with Mytha, the Baneful Queen, after the attack where she throws her head around, Tear wisecracked:
- In Scholar of the First Sin, after arriving in Dragon Aerie and as the crystal lizard that Tear was chasing fell down the cliff to the dragon below, he remarked: "I'll get you next time, Gadget!"
- From his Destiny playthrough:
Tear: I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gona survi-ha-ha-ha...staying alive, staying alive.
- While playing through the Devil's Lair raid in and facing the Devil Walker, when it turned and pointed its laser towards Tear and prepared to fire, Tear exclaimed "Oh, Jumping Jack Swagger, get out of the way!". In the same raid, later on, he called Sepiks Prime 343 Guilty Sphere.
- While playing one of the Queen's Wrath missions, he told a bunch of Goblin Zealots that were annoying him to "go back to Azkaban". A bit later during another mission in the same challenge, he called a Noble Shank Noble Six and told it to die like the rest of its uncharismatic team.
- While playing through the Crota's End raid and getting overwhelmed by a bunch of Hive, Tear started singing:
- In the first episode of Dying Light, Tear was chasing down a human survivor who was going to call for reinforcements, and said:Tear: You're not allowed to live, he's gonna call for reinforcements. Come back here you cowardly dog!
- From his Slime Rancher playthrough:
Tear: No, no, no, it's happening again, it's happening again, no, no, no, no, I've tried so hard and came so far, in the end it doesn't even matter, I'm gonna fucking put a gun to my head and pull the trigger.
- The intro card to the series read: "Slime Rancher, wake me up before you goo goo".
- The playlist for the series is named" "Slime Rancher: My Heart Will GOO On".
- During the end of the first first episode, Tear got overwhelmed by Tar monsters and out of frustration, he started singing:
- In his 2015 Surgeon Simulator video, the song that plays when Tear hammers away at the patient's rib cage is quite fittingly Hammer Time!
- From his The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and Afterbirth playthrough:
Tear: I'm gonna bunch up against the wall and hope for the best, come on, come on, come on, come on, karma, Karma Chameleon, where's her eyeball?
- In episode 3 of Rebirth, during his fight with Mom:
Tear: If we're supercalifragilisticexpialicareful we can, and will, succeed and make it out of this alive.
- In episode 52 of Rebirth, while playing as The Lost, Tear remarks about his chances of winning with the character:
Tear: You farted on me. You, you have no manners. (Tear kills them) Merry Christmas, you filthy animal!
- In episode 103 of Afterbirth, while fighting two Fatties:
- In the tenth part of his The Witcher 3 playthrough, while fighting a bunch of Nekkers, Tear started singing:Tear: Oh my God I cut his arm off and and he flew up into the God damn air some time...singing hey oh, what the fuck oh.
- The start of Tear's Sonic '06 opens much like the playthrough of the Game Grumps' did.Teah: Oh no...oh...OH NO...OHHHHHHH—