2000-02 comedy series that aired on FX, which was more or less a satire of Baywatch. It focused on world-renowned lifeguard Notch Johnson (played by Timothy Stack), who was to this show what David Hasselhoff was to the original. Howard Stern was the show's executive producer.
The show poked fun at the genre in general, particularly the non-stop T&A and sexual content, by cranking it Up to Eleven.
This show provides examples of:
- Abhorrent Admirer: Mayor Massengil is this towards Chip.
- The Ahnold: Chip Rommel, the lifeguard played by Roland Kickinger, was a parody of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Kickinger eventually played the young Schwarzenegger in the made-for-TV Biopic See Arnold Run, and also appeared in Terminator Salvation.
- Bait-and-Switch Comment: When Notch is trying to infiltrate a porn ring.Notch: Here's my head-shot... and here's a picture of my face.
- The Beautiful Elite: Just as much as the genre it was ridiculing.
- Brainless Beauty: B.J.
- Chip, arguably.
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Mayor Massengil was dropped from the show when the actress playing her became pregnant.
- Fanservice: Lots and lots and lots...of fanservice.
- And a few Fan Disservices. Special mention going to the flabby Notch Johnson dancing around in a thong.
- Genius Cripple: Professor Milosevic, an expy of Stephen Hawking.
- Gold Digger: Porcelain Bidet, who is constantly scheming to flirt, sleep or marry herself into a fortune or an acting career.
- Informed Attractiveness: In a deliberate parody everyone on the show apart from Kimberlee regards Notch as the hottest guy on Earth. Meanwhile the viewers can plainly see that he is out-of-shape, pasty white, middle-aged and balding.
- Even Kimberlee and Massengil are pining for him.
- The Last of These Is Not Like the Others: The episode with the main characters training recruits includes one who is not only the most attractive one, but he turned out to be the rapist the main characters are looking for.
- Naked People Are Funny
- Only Sane Woman: Kimberlee, who was the only one that seemed to realize how goofy everyone else on the show acted.
- Parody Sue: Everybody is contstantly shilling Notch's beauty and superhero-like abilities.
- Punny Name: B.J. Cummings (parodying C.J. Parker from Baywatch). Supposedly got the nickname from her "high school football team".
- Raging Stiffie: Chip gains one while the gang went through a nude beach. Of course, we don't see it, but Notch tells Chip to stop bumping into him even though he's only a feet away.
- In the episode where an elderly Japanese man (played by George Takei) reads the events of the episode, his grandson gains one when reading about Kimberlee then it shrinks down when reading about something squick-y.
- Sorry, I'm Gay: Chip tries this to get rid of the major.
- Teeny Weenie: Notch. In a parody of And Knowing Is Half the Battle during the credits, a kid calls Notch a woman.
- Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist: You wonder how a great guy like Tim Stack can play someone as revolting as Notch Johnson.
- Unresolved Sexual Tension: Between Notch and Kimberlee.
- Virgin Power: B.J. is emphasized to be a virgin.