On a day trip at the lake, Homer winds up at the vacation home of Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin, and they let him be their assistant if he keeps their location a secret.
- Abnormal Limb Rotation Range: Homer is glaring at Bart and Lisa in the backseat; Lenny says something in the car next to him. Rather than turn his head back around to face Lenny, he just keeps twisting his neck.◊Marge: Homer! Your spine!
(Homer twists back to his normal position)
- Accidental Misnaming: Homer called Alec Baldwin "Alex Baldwin"note (and initially confused Alec Baldwin for his brother, Billy, who does look like him in Real Life).
- He also mispronounced Kim Basinger's last name the first time.
- Actor Allusion: After Ron Howard sells Homer's idea for a movie, the episode ends with the musical sting from Happy Days.
- The Alcoholic: Ron Howard
- Bears Are Bad News: Homi the Bear's plan for Ranger Ned is to viciously maul him.
- Bowdlerization: The chalkboard gag "Butt.com is not my e-mail address" was changed to "Butt.butt" after it was discovered that there was a real porn site called "Butt.com".
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Homer
- The Day the Music Lied: With Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger barely hanging on the RV Museum, Ron attempts to make a jump on there with dramatic music. He didn't make it and suffered severe injuries.
- The Dead Rise to Advertise: Homer provides the page quote while ranting during the trial. He references a real-life vacuum commercial that used the late Fred Astaire."You celebrities need to realize that the public owns you for life! And after you're dead, you'll all be in commercials dancing with vacuum cleaners."
- Driver Faces Passenger: Homer, when Bart and Lisa sass him from the backseat.
- Dynamic Entry: Homer meets Kim Basinger and Alec Baldwin by crashing through their skylight and landing on the latter.
- The Heart: According to Ron Howard, the talking pie is this in Homer's movie pitch.
- It's Personal: "It is personal. He's got our underwear!"
- Lead In: The episode opens with a scene featuring Homer as Yogi Bear, Bart as Boo-Boo, and Ned Flanders as Ranger Smith, who Homer ends up mauling. Just as "Homi" is about to maul "Bart-Bart", this is revealed to be a dream of Homer's. Homer's kids wake him up to remind him of his promise to take them to a lake. Homer goes back to sleep afterwards and dreams that he's Magilla Gorilla mauling Mr. Peebles.
- Let's Get Dangerous!: Subverted. Once Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger are unable to stop Homer, Ron Howard mutters "I guess it's up to me...", and dramatically leaps towards Homer's RV... only to miss it and tumble down the road.
- Negative Continuity: Homer finds parasailing to be so much fun, it fills him with contemptuous pride. Apparently, becoming an astronaut and flying into outer space just wasn't good enough for him. Or maybe it's just Homer being Homer (that is, he forget some things sometimes).
- "Not Wearing Pants" Dream: Homer describes his Yogi Bear dream as this.Homer: I was having the most wonderful dream. I had a hat and a tie with no pants on.
- Odd Friendship: Homer's movie idea is built on this. A killer robot driving instructor is friends with a talking pie.
- Plagiarism in Fiction: Parodied in the end. Ron Howard takes Homer's movie idea for his own and gets all the money.
- Secret Keeper: Homer for the celebrities, but he eventually cracks.
- Shout-Out: Homer's rendering of the time machine includes a doodle of the flux capacitor.