Beat Your Greens: A race of broccoli-like aliens invade Earth and quickly incapacitate all adults by poisoning Earths broccoli. Only the girls and the other children of Townsville are left to fight them off.
Down N' Dirty: Buttercup keeps refusing to take a bath, which eventually causes her to get so dirty nobody wants her around anymore. Not even the monsters.
Beat Your Greens provides examples of:
- An Aesop: Eating greens, especially broccoli, is good for you and could make you a healthier kid.
- Alien Invasion: The antagonists in the episode are aliens.
- Anti-Regeneration: The Broccoloids can regenerate From a Single Cell, but not if they're eaten in their entirely. Why they don't just regenerate inside the eater isn't really covered.
- Broken Aesop: While "eat your greens" is a valid message, the fact remains that if the children of Earth had eaten their broccoli at the beginning like their parents wanted, they'd have been incapacitated just like the adults and the Broccoloid invasion would have succeeded.
- Eaten Alive: The only effective way to defeat the broccoli aliens, since they can easily regenerate from any other kind of damage.
- Eating the Enemy: The broccoli aliens are defeated by being eaten.
- Easily Thwarted Alien Invasion: The only real advantage the Broccoli aliens have is the fact that they took out the adult population of Townsville beforehand through food poisoning. Once the kids of Townsville start fighting back, the aliens are very quickly dealt with.
- Even Evil Has Standards: The Broccoloids were quite shocked to first witness Blossom devouring one of their soldiers.Broccoloid Leader: Barbarians!
- Green Around the Gills: All victims of the broccoli aliens' hypnosis get a green skin and their eyes start glowing green.
- Greens Precede Sweets: The Girls are ordered by the Professor to eat their broccoli or no dessert, but the Girls still refuse, apparently agreeing to forgo dessert. Townsville winds up being invaded by broccoli aliens that resist all attempts besides eating to get rid of them.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: The broccoli aliens can easily regenerate any body part the girls chop off, rendering their usual fighting style useless.
- Half the Man He Used to Be: Blossom chops an alien in half, but due to their regeneration abilities both halves instantly reform into two new aliens.
- Henpecked Husband: When an athlete boy says he hates vegetables, his burly muscled father agrees. Then he looks at his wife glaring at him while holding a bowl of vegetables, and he opens his mouth.
- Kid Hero: Besides the girls themselves, all other children in Townsville join the fight.
- Killer Rabbit: Played with; the rabbits Bubbles unleashes onto one of the aliens are just regular, harmless rabbits, but from the aliens' perspective they fit this trope since they eat him within seconds. Same goes for the goats that two other kids unleash upon the aliens.
- Plant Person: The broccoli aliens.
- Real Men Eat Meat: One of the kids, a football player with a coach dad, believes this."Eating the flesh of lesser beasts makes you stronger!"
- Rousing Speech: The girls give one to the kids of Townsville to convince them to help fight off the invasion. When the athlete boy refuses, Buttercup gives a particular speech to him that's both this and "The Reason You Suck" Speech.
- Shout-Out: The athlete boy's mom resembles an older Velma Dinkley.
- Stock "Yuck!": The reason the kids in Townsville are unaffected by the aliens' mind control spores is because they didn't eat any of the infected broccoli, since they hate broccoli. They have to overcome their revulsion of broccoli to defeat the aliens.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: The broccoli aliens infect all of Townsville's broccoli with mind control spores that allow them to hypnotize whomever ate it into falling into a comatose state.
- This Means Warpaint: The kids of Townsville dress themselves up with various kitchen items in preparation of the fight.
- Totem Pole Trench: The Girls do this with a scarecrow to hide from the aliens when they first land.
Down N' Dirty provides examples of:
- An Aesop: You can't live your life without hygiene.
- Angry Mob: The citizens of Townsville eventually form one (complete with torches) to try and force Buttercup into taking a bath.
- Baths Are Fun: Bubbles and Blossom both love taking baths.
- Bowdlerisation: On CITV in the UK, the part where goo ruptures from one of the elephant monster's eyes after Buttercup kicks it is replaced with a close-up of Blossom and Bubbles looking horrified.note
- Editorial Synaesthesia: When Buttercups smell gets particularly bad, she starts leaving behind a visible aura of stench.
- Hates Baths: Buttercup. She is only willing to take one eventually when even the monsters don't want to fight her anymore because of her smell.
- The Pig-Pen: Taken to the logical extreme with Buttercup when she repeatedly refuses to take a bath, leaving her so dirty and smelly that she's kicked out of her home, run out of town, and even the monsters find her repulsive.
- Remembered I Could Fly: Buttercup at first flees from the angry mob on foot, before realizing she can fly and zooming off into the distance.
- Tornado Move: Buttercup uses one of these to send the muck monster into space.