open/close all folders
- His John Madden impression in the Shenmue review has to be seen to be believed.
"Is Ryo Hazuki gonna have to Pit Blow a bitch?"
- His constant jokes on the oddly named martial arts move "Pit Blow", culminating in:
- "So they cast a comedian as the lead role for a game from a franchise that, even at the time, was known for laughably bad voice acting... I just thought I'd bring this up now, so you can understand why, whenever time the game tries to have a serious moment, I just imagine the lead character doing this." *cut to Patrick Harlan riding a quad and performing tricks*
- Also from the same review, his rage-filled rant on the game's numerous plotholes. Made even funnier when he pauses halfway through to compose himself, only to be interrupted by his own voice-over who continues ranting in his place.
- When zombie Santa Claus appeared in Zombie Panic in Wonderland. Followed by the drama-llama hitting the wall.
- A rather unique Glitch in Red Steel occurred accidentally after passing a certain checkpoint, where the main character bent his left arm over his shoulder, bodies start hitting the floor through the ceiling, and... to simply put: Total Chaos followed by freaking out from SCR, an audio track, and the Wii itself.
- Subtitle: "Tough Luck Bitch." Get it? It rhymes with Pitch!
- How part five of the Shenmue video ended with Mr. Game Player discovering that something actually happens in the game, followed by gleefully running out of the house.
- ...and gets hit by a car in a later video.
Five Dollar Gaming
- When talking about the Artificial Stupidity present in Urban Chaos, in reference to how they sometimes drive off the road, he wondered how other drivers would act in real life? You're treated to two scenes featuring Angel Halo, being such dumb drivers.
- In Musashi Samurai Legend, there is a door that Princess Maricela is held captive at, that is appropriately titled: HO.
- SCR sporting his British accent as one Square Soft developer for Musashi Samurai Legend, and later as the case of Heat Seeker. Lampshaded in the former."And why am I speaking in a shitty British Accent when our headquarters is in Japan?"
- "Fix your damn move list!" "BEFORE I THROW YA DOWN ON THE GROUND AND RAPE YA!"
- How SCR explained the plot to War Gods
- The Stinger in War Gods where a deranged fan calls out SCR for not liking the game in question, followed by SCR being hilariously dismissive. This is followed by the fan telling a story that seems like it'd enter into Squick territory.
- Mocking the One-Woman Wail in Evergrace and promptly imagining what the recording session must've been like.
- "I like shooting clowns."
- After SCR made a remark on ThePageMaster for at least not ripping off sound effects from other games, footage of Super Mario World proved otherwise. All followed by SCR's delayed reaction, and a punch."...I've only covered sound so far..."
- In James Bond Jr. for the SNES, SCR revealed a pit you can fall into on the first level, triggered by a glitch. Everything here is completely random!
- And how he interprets the way all the characters talk during cut-scenes.
- He also did a dodge roll under his closing garage door, accompanied by Night Wish music. The door opened automatically so he was waiting for it to close, but decided to run anyway. He revealed in the commentary track that it was unintentional, but it was also raining earlier that day and he didn't want to get dirty that night.
Just Play Along Reviews
- Cosplaying at Connecticon 2011 as Rebecca Chambers.
- And yes, there was a brief dilemma on which bathroom to use.
- He cosplayed as Yugo from Bloody Roar, participated in Cosplay wrestling, and got the crap beaten out of him by Balrog.
- A minor Hilarious in Hindsight moment: SCR returns a plastic cup to WellUnreal007 at Connecticon 2011. The same plastic cup that he left in SCR's car back at Anime North 2011."You forgot this"
- The Con Burrito.
Bloody Roar Retrospective
- When SCR addresses the beast form as a gimmick, he had this to say:"And as the beast form being a gimmick, yeah it pretty much is a gimmick. In the same way that SoulCalibur or Battle Arena Toshindens gimmick is weapon-based combat, or Bushido Blades realistic combat, or Mortal Kombat is excessive gore, or Dead or Alive [has] a counter button (and boobs), or Rival Schools is team-based attacks, or Marvel vs. Capcom is being able to switch between characters in a middle of a fight, or Tekken has a laughably bad storyline even by fighting game standards, do you see where I'm going with this?"
- The ending screen of Gado from Bloody Roar 1 had such a funny looking face that SCR decided to deliver a Power Thirst style line."YUJI!" *screams* "I AVENGED YOU!"
- His usage of the clones clip from MADtv when talking about clones. Whether actual or in play style.
- Lampshaded in his review on Bloody Roar 3, and deconstructed in Bloody Roar: The Fang.
- "Anime action lines! From top to bottom and side to side, but NEVER diagonally because... we forgot we can do that!"
- When SCR learned about the one thing Bloody Roar 3 lacked."Story mode was removed-"*surprised look**clip of a guy saying WHY?!*
- The moment that SCR showed that Activision took over publishing for the Bloody Roar series, starting at 3, he ran away immediately.
- His friends complaining about not going to cover Bloody Roar: Primal Fury next.
- He ends this episode early a few times when
- The main characters appeared to have been killed.
- When a shark zoanthrope appears.
- He witnessed a panty shot that he had thought would not appear like in the first chapter.
- *Four fingers* SHADOWING
- SCR was relieved to find a part of text that was easy to translate. He allows a wrestler from WWE to translate it for us."Damn"
- SCR's reactions to various aspects of the Bloody Roar franchise, such as:
- The (ahem) "interesting" American commercial for Bloody Roar 1
- Getting a nosebleed when he sees what Shina is wearing on the cover of Bloody Roar Fury/ Extreme
- Then when he finds out where Busujima's Beast Crest is located...
- This birthday video made for SCR's RiverCityGamers partner-in-crime WellUnreal007 provides a hilarious parody of the Powerthirst commercials.
- The youtube poop he did on Spoony One has this line: "I've spent the whole week~FUCKING~YOU~IN THE BRAIN!!!" <cue Parappa the Rapper music>
- "DOITAGAIN!" *beat, beat, beat, beat* "DOITAGAIN!" *beat, beat, beat, beat* "DOITAGAIN!"
- The "Mac wants the flamethrower" clip from the Thing was used a few times.
"Bad overused joke!"
- Subverted and lampshaded in SCR's review of Cold Fear, where he slaps the joke with a newspaper.
- His attempts at playing Dance Dance Revolution on PS1 with the dance mat, with his hands! He... didn't last too long.
- His video on the 4th of July had him reenact the civil war, with an inflatable Screamer model being the confederates. He reenacts by emulating Kenshiro, punching the crap out of it.
- HAPPY BLOW SHIT UP DAY!