Not to be confused with an unrelated 1932 Western film of the same name.
Law & Order
- Law & Order (1990 2010, 2022 present) The original series, sometimes referred to as "The Mothership". First L&O series to become a Long Runner.
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999 present) Focuses on sex crimes and child abuse; has since overtaken the original series to become the longest-running title in the franchise. Second L&O series to become a Long Runner and has since overtaken the original series in total seasons.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001 2011) Focuses on the Major Case Squad and often shares the offender's perspective; arguably the closest to a traditional detective procedural. Third Long Runner series in the franchise.
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury (2005 2006) Focuses on court proceedings by assistant district attorneys.
- Conviction (2006) Focuses on court proceedings like Trial by Jury with more emphasis on individual character development; the only mainline series without Law & Order in its title.
- Law & Order: LA (2010 2011) Takes place in Los Angeles instead of New York City.
- Law & Order: True Crime (2017; on hiatus) Dramatizations of true crime stories, beginning with The Menendez Murders, which focuses on the 1996 trial of Lyle and Erik Menendez; intended to run as an anthology series but has since gone on extended hiatus.
- Law & Order: Organized Crime (2021 present) Focuses on organized and mob-related crime.
- Law & Order: Hate Crimes (TBA) Focuses on hate crimes; the first mainline series to not air on NBC but rather their streaming platform Peacock.
- Untitled spinoff (TBA) Originally conceived as Law & Order: For The Defense, which would have focused on defense attorneys; fell into development hell and was later announced to be a new series with a different concept.
- Paris Enquêtes Criminelles note (2007 2008) A French adaptation of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: Division of Field Investigation note (2007 2011): A Russian adaptation of SVU.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent note (2007 2011) A Russian adaptation of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: UK (2009 2014): A British adaptation that remakes episodes of the original series.
- Law & Order: Cape Town (planned for 2012) A South African adaptation of the original series; stuck in development hell.
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie (1998) A Made-for-TV Movie focusing on Det. Mike Logan (Chris Noth).
- Several video games developed by Legacy Games: Law & Order: Dead on the Money, Law & Order: Double or Nothing, Law & Order: Justice is Served, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: Legacies (2011 2012) by Telltale Games
- Arrest & Trial (2000 2001) A syndicated court show that combined reenactments and real trial footage; produced by Dick Wolf.
- Crime & Punishment (2002 2004) An official reality spinoff of the original series.
Shared Universe series: note
- Homicide: Life on the Street (1993 1999) Set in Baltimore and starring Richard Belzer as John Munch, who would later join the cast of SVU; created by Paul Attanasio.
- Homicide: The Movie (2000) The finale movie of the series.
- New York Undercover (1994 1999) Focuses on a pair of undercover detectives.
- Deadline (2000) Focuses on the fictional New York Ledger tabloid paper seen in Law & Order.
- In Plain Sight (2008 2012) Starring Mary McCormack as Mary Shannon, a U.S. Marshal assigned to the Witness Protection Program office in Albuquerque; created by David Maples.
- One Chicago A second franchise of interconnected series set in Chicago:
- Chicago Fire (2012 present) A rescue series focusing on the Chicago Fire Department.
- Chicago P.D. (2014 present) Focuses on the Chicago Police Department.
- Chicago Med (2015 present) A medical drama focusing on the fictional Gaffney Chicago Medical Center.
- Chicago Justice (2017) Focuses on the Illinois State's Attorney office for Cook County, starring Philip Winchester as Peter Stone, who would later join the cast of SVU.
- FBI (2018 present) Focuses on the New York City office of the FBI.