Law and Order is also the title of an unrelated 1932 Western film.
TV series in the franchise include:
- Law & Order (1990-2010): The original version, sometimes called "The Mothership."
- Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (1999-): Which focuses on sex crimes and child abuse.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2001-2011): Which focuses on high profile cases. Arguably the closest to a traditional detective procedural.
- Law & Order: Trial by Jury (2005-2006): Which focuses more on the Law Procedural side.
- Conviction (2006): A Law Procedural featuring Law & Order characters.
- Paris Enquêtes Criminelles note (2007-2008): A French remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: Division of Field Investigation note (2007-): A Russian remake of SVU.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent note (2007-): A Russian remake of Criminal Intent.
- Law & Order: UK (2009-2014): A British remake of the original series.
- Law & Order: LA (2010-2011): Which takes place in Los Angeles, instead of New York City.
- Law & Order: True Crime (2017-): Which focuses, as the title suggests, on Ripped from the Headlines true crime stories. The first season will focus on the 1996 trial of Lyle and Erik Menendez, two brothers who murdered their parents.
Other media in the franchise include:
- Exiled: A Law & Order Movie: A TV movie of the original series.
- Several video games.