A series of disasters have sent a group of people through a trans-dimensional portal to a fantasy world. They go on a quest to find the inventor of the device so they can go home. There's just one problem: A warlord has decided to pursue our heroes, and he has an unusual affinity for Earth technology!
This film contains examples of:
- Aliens Speaking English: Justified; There's a language in the Lost Universe that sounds identical to English.
- Big Bad: Klael, a barbarian warlord.
- Clarke's Third Law: The people of the Lost Universe are so low-tech that they think a handgun is dark sorcery.
- Sex Slave: Klael takes the main heroine as his slave.
- Speaks Fluent Animal: One member of Dan's party can call horses through a flute song.
- They Called Me Mad!: Hartmann is in a very bad mood at the start of the film due to the rest of the scientific community thinking his interdimensional transport idea is nuts.
- The X of Y
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Four seconds in our world is a week in the Lost Universe.