A series of disasters have sent a group of people through a trans-dimensional portal to a fantasy world. They go on a quest to find the inventor of the device so they can go home. There's just one problem: A warlord has decided to pursue our heroes, and he has an unusual affinity for Earth technology!
This film contains examples of:
- Accidental Pervert: While trying to climb up a cliff, Dan's hand ends up in an unfortunate spot, as he supports her up.Carrie: "Will you please get your hand off my butt?"
- Aliens Speaking English: Justified; There's a language in the Lost Universe that sounds identical to English.
- Alternate DVD Commentary: Received a comedic one by the guys at RiffTrax in 2012.
- Big Bad: Kleel, a barbarian warlord.
- Clarke's Third Law: The denizens of the Lost Universe are so low-tech that they think a handgun is dark sorcery.
- Sex Slave: Kleel takes the main heroine as his slave.Kevin Murphy: Oppressed lllllladies!
- Speaks Fluent Animal: One member of Dan's party can call horses through a flute song.
- They Called Me Mad!: Hartmann is in a very bad mood at the start of the film due to the rest of the scientific community thinking his interdimensional transport idea is nuts.
- The X of Y: The title "Prisoners of the Lost Universe".
- Year Inside, Hour Outside: Four seconds in our world is a week in the Lost Universe.