Natalie Dormer (born February 11, 1982) is an English actress from Reading, Berkshire, best known as Margaery Tyrell in Game of Thrones and Cressida in both parts of The Hunger Games: Mockingjay. She studied drama at the now-defunct Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and first appeared in Casanova with Heath Ledger. Her first major role was as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, which got her noticed both in Britain and abroad.
- The Comedy of Errors as Adriana (2003 Cliveden Open Air Theatre Production)
- Casanova as Victoria (2005)
- W.E. as Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger as Private Lorraine (2011)
- Rush as Nurse Gemma (2013)
- The Counselor as The Blonde (2013)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay as Cressida (20142015)
- The Forest as Sara and Jess Price (2016)
- Patient Zero as Dr. Gina Rose (2016)
- The Tudors as Anne Boleyn (200710)
- Silk as Niamh Cranitch (2011)
- The Fades as Sarah Etches (2011)
- Game of Thrones as Margaery Tyrell (20122016)
- Elementary as Irene Adler (201314)
- Picnic at Hanging Rock as Hester Appleyard (2018)
- The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance as Onica (2019)
Video game roles
- Mass Effect: Andromeda as Dr. Lexi T'Perro (2017)
Tropes related to her works:
- Actor-Inspired Element: Her part in Casanova was made more comedic, once the director realised how well she handled comedy.
- Cat Smile: There is no shortage of images of her pulling this off in Real Life.
- Chronically Killed Actor: The Tudors = beheaded, The Fades = Dead to Begin With, Game of Thrones = blown-up to smithereens, The Forest (2016) = Driven to Suicide by extreme paranoia and stress (at least one of the twin characters she's playing survives), Picnic at Hanging Rock = Commits suicide.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- Shaved part of her head for her role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- Dyed her blonde hair brunette for the part of Anne Boleyn — against the creators' wishes, believe it or not! Dormer flatly refused to play Anne as anything other than the brunette she was in real life.
- Subverted with Game of Thrones, as she just wore a wig there.
- The Forest she dyed her hair black to differentiate Jess from Sara (she kept her hair blonde while playing the latter).
- Fake American: As Private Lorraine in Captain America, Irene Adler in Elementary, Cressida in Mockingjay, and the Blonde in The Counselor.
- Jossed: An Urban Legend said she was descended from a Jane Dormer, who served as lady-in-waiting to Mary Tudor. Natalie has denied this, saying she's never traced her heritage.
- Killed by Request: She had been wanting to leave Game of Thrones to commit to other projects, so she was told that Margaery would be killed off in the Season 6 finale.
- Ms. Fanservice: A good amount of her roles qualify.
- Playing Their Own Twin: In The Forest she plays twin sisters Jess and Sara.
- Promoted Fangirl: She was a fan of The Dark Crystal since seeing it in theaters and jumped at the chance to partake in the prequel series.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: There has been some note that she looks very much◊ like her◊ on-screen grandmother in Game of Thrones, Diana Rigg, did in her youth.
- Typecasting: Three of her television roles feature beautiful women that should not be trusted, Anne Boleyn, Irene Adler/Jamie Moriarty, and Margaery Tyrell.