Natalie Dormer (born 11 February 1982 in Reading, England) is an English actress from Reading, Berkshire.
She studied drama at the now-defunct Webber Douglas Academy of Dramatic Art in London, and first appeared in Casanova with Heath Ledger. Her first major role was as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors, which got her noticed both in Britain and abroad. She also stared in In Darkness, in which she is the co-writer.
- Casanova as Victoria (2005)
- Flawless Cassie
- City Of Life as Olga (2009)
- W.E. as Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon (2011)
- Captain America: The First Avenger as Private Lorraine (2011)
- A Long Way From Home as Suzanne (2012)
- Rush as Nurse Gemma (2013)
- The Counselor as The Blonde (2013)
- The Riot Club as Charlie (2014)
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay as Cressida (2014, 2015)
- The Forest as Sara and Jess Price (2016)
- In Darkness as Sofia McKendrick (2018). Dormer is also the co-writer of the film.
- Patient Zero as Dr. Gina Rose (2018)
- The Professor And The Madman as Eliza Merrett (2019)
Tropes related to her works:
- Actor-Inspired Element: Her part in Casanova was made more comedic, once the director realised how well she handled comedy.
- Cat Smile: There is no shortage of images of her pulling this off in Real Life.
- Chronically Killed Actor: The Tudors = beheaded, The Fades = Dead to Begin With, Game of Thrones = blown-up to smithereens, The Forest (2016) = Driven to Suicide by extreme paranoia and stress (at least one of the twin characters she's playing survives), Picnic at Hanging Rock = Commits suicide.
- Dyeing for Your Art:
- She shaved part of her head for her role in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay.
- She dyed her blonde hair brunette for the part of Anne Boleyn — against the creators' wishes, believe it or not! Dormer flatly refused to play Anne as anything other than the brunette she was in real life.
- Subverted with Game of Thrones, as she just wore a wig there.
- In The Forest she dyed her hair black to differentiate Jess from Sara (she kept her hair blonde while playing the latter).
- Fake American: As Private Lorraine in Captain America, Irene Adler in Elementary, Cressida in Mockingjay, and the Blonde in The Counselor.
- Image Source: For Hot Consort (as Anne Boleyn) alongside Jonathan Rhys Meyers (as Henry VIII).
- Jossed: An Urban Legend said she was descended from a Jane Dormer, who served as lady-in-waiting to Mary Tudor. Natalie has denied this, saying she's never traced her heritage.
- Killed by Request: She had been wanting to leave Game of Thrones to commit to other projects, so she was told that Margaery would be killed off in the Season 6 finale.
- Ms. Fanservice: A good amount of her roles qualify. She's not at all shy of getting naked or doing sex scenes, and she provides the trope image for Hot Consort.
- Playing Their Own Twin: In The Forest she plays twin sisters Jess and Sara.
- Promoted Fanboy: She was a fan of The Dark Crystal since seeing it in theaters and jumped at the chance to partake in the prequel series.
- Separated-at-Birth Casting: There has been some note that she looks very much◊ like her◊ on-screen grandmother in Game of Thrones, Diana Rigg, did in her youth.
- Typecasting: Ever since her debut in Casanova, several of her roles feature beautiful women that should not be trusted, such as Anne Boleyn, Irene Adler, and Margaery Tyrell.