Rachel Susan Dratch (born February 22, 1966 in Lexington, Massachusetts) is an American actress, comedian and writer who broke out on the scene playing a number of memorable characters on Saturday Night Live, the most famous being the perpetually frowning Debbie Downer.
Her autobiography Girl Walks into a Bar . . .: Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle was published in 2012.
- 30 Rock as various roles
- Broad City as Linda Lodi
- Imaginary Mary as Mary
- The Middle as Principal Barker
- Saturday Night Live (Seasons 25-31) as Debbie Downer, Denise McDenna
- Sesame Street as herself
- I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry as Benefits Supervisor Sara Powers
- Spring Breakdown as Judi
- Wine Country as Rebecca
- Avatar: The Last Airbender as Actress Aang
- Ballmastrz: 9009 as The Blab
- Fish Hooks as Esmargot, Koi and Koi's Mom
- Harley Quinn (2019) as Nora Fries and Queen Hippolyta
- Kim Possible
- S 1 Ep 15 "All the News" as Adrena Lynn
Tropes which apply to Rachel Dratch's works:
- Approval of God: She impersonated Sen. Amy Klobuchar on SNL during the 2020 primary election, to Klobuchar's amusement and wholehearted approval.note
- Inspiration for the Work: According to Dratch Debbie Downer was inspired when she was on vacation in Costa Rica and in a conversation with a woman she met told her she lives in New York to which the woman immediately asked her if she was there for 9/11.
- "Sesame Street" Cred: Played the security guard in the Sesame Street special The Cookie Thief.
- What Could Have Been: Originally played Jenna for the Pilot of 30 Rock before NBC executives forced Tina Fey to cast Jane Krakowski. Dratch famously appears as various characters across the series as part of a Writer Revolt by Fey.