Michael Dorn (born December 9, 1952) is an American actor, best known for the role of Worf in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. He's appeared in the most Star Trek episodes of any actor thanks to his major role on its two longest-running shows. He also has numerous voice acting credits, including recurring roles in Superman: The Animated Series, Gargoyles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2012), Danny Phantom, Captain Simian and the Space Monkeys, I Am Weasel, Toonami, The Lion Guard, and the Fallout video game franchise. More recently, he has provided the voice of Prometheus in Arrow.
Tropes applying to Michael Dorn:
- Ace Pilot: Dorn is a pilot in his spare time, and has flown with the U.S Navy's Blue Angels flight demonstration team and the U.S Air Force counterpart, the Thunderbirds. He's also owned several jets, including a Lockheed T-33 he liked to call his "starship".
- Badass Baritone: His voice has gotten deeper thanks to playing Worf for so long.
- Even deeper was Swayzak's voice, although his voice was altered for that.
- Deadpan Snarker: Dorn added a great deal of humor to Worf's character through subtle variations in tone of voice.
- I Am Not Spock: Worf, IM Weasel, and Swayzak are his three most well-known roles.
- Role Reprise: He voices Worf in Star Trek Online starting with the Season 8 lead-in featured episode "Sphere of Influence".
- The Worf Effect: Dorn was well aware of the trope before it was named. One of the perks required to tempt him into doing DS9 was a promise that the writers would stop beating down Worf to demonstrate the strength of the villain du jour.