The Threads of Fate
Arellius Demetrius Afer III
An Imperial mercenary. He was employed by Gudrun when they were hunting Llevana and Llela; however, she was killed in the ensuing battle, and a troop of enemy soldiers arrived in Suran, so he decided to travel with the group of adventurers. When the group's ship wrecked, he took a lifeboat with Valentia and Niralie. The trio encountered Nandrnil and Eolwyn, and made it to Windhelm, whereupon Arellius went his own way and was subsequently attacked by The Debt-Collector. He re-joined Niralie and Eolwyn, and the other Champions of Windhelm, at the Grey Vigil's mansion outside of Falkreath.
- Asshole Victim: Arellius has few, if any, redeeming qualities, and he was tortured by the Debt-Collector.
- Backstory: He was born in Anvil and orphaned at a young age, and took up the job of mercenary to provide for himself.
- Berserk Button: People opposing him, generally: he reacts violently, or at least considers it.
- The Dragon: To Gudrun at the start of TA2.
- Dual Wielding: He wields two shortswords.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Quick to anger.
- Never Learned to Read
- Pet the Dog: Taking Niralie and Valentia to the inn to be healed is the kindest thing he's done, especially since earlier on he'd been expecting to leave for dead anyone that was unable to keep up.
- Psychotic Smirk: Arellius smirks a lot.
- Put on a Bus: With Velvet's departure, Arellius just dropped his injured companions off at an inn and disappeared.
- The Bus Came Back: He re-joined the group after being saved by the Grey Vigil and informed of the group's new goals.
- Scars Are Forever: Has one on his face.
- The Sociopath: Fits essentially everything on the page. He cares only for himself, and is only friendly to those who have something to offer him; hes also quick to use violence as a means to an end, or just when hes angry.
- Weapon of Choice: An ebony shortsword and steel tanto.
- Would Hit a Girl: The first thing he does when he meets the group of adventurers is try to kill Niralie and Valentia, and he also later beats up Psyfalia.
A Breton. He joined the story when Eolwyn, Niralie, and Valentia arrived in Windhelm, and met up with them. He became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- Backstory: He was the illegitimate son of a High Rock noble. He was set to inherit his father's position until his father had a legitimate son, and so Dorian left, taking up odd jobs.
- Bastard Angst: Dorian is bitter about his lost inheritance, having been passed over for the simple fact that he is a bastard.
- The Charmer: His general behavior.
- Charm Person: The type of magic he uses.
- Dude, Where's My Respect?: A large part of his motivation for defending Windhelm is for fame and glory. Several things happen that get in his way. He does end up being recognized, along with the others, as a Champion of Windhelm, thus fulfilling his goals for helping the defenders.
- I Kiss Your Hand: He did this when meeting Eolwyn.
- Mind Control: He uses his illusion magic, particularly his Charm spell, often, mainly to tweak and fine tune emotions.
- Weapon of Choice: Illusion magic, or a blade if need be. He keeps an old iron longsword that he stole out of nostalgia, even after acquiring a silver longsword with a shock enchantment from the Jarl's armory.
A Redguard. She was one of the adventurers fated to oppose the Hollow Council, and joined the Champions of Windhelm at the Grey Vigil's manor outside of Falkreath.
- Backstory: She grew up learning fighting techniques from her father, began working on her uncle's trading ship when she was eighteen, and later married the first mate. Six years later the ship was attacked by pirates, and her husband was killed, so she left the sea to become an adventurer.
- Scars Are Forever: She has a scar on her left arm from the night her ship was attacked.
- Weapon of Choice: Two steel wakizashis.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Fears water now.
A Bosmer bounty hunter. She had been hunting Nandrnil for years, and finally caught up to him at a small cave in Skyrim. However, she didn't expect to encounter a trio of shipwrecked survivors - Niralie, Valentia, and Arellius - there as well. She managed to capture Nandrnil, and brought him, as well as the survivors, to Windhelm. She became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- Action Girl: She leads a bit more of an active life than the other female characters.
- The Archer: One of the characters with the most prominent archery skills.
- Archer Archetype: She fits this, considering that she's a Bosmer, her profession means that she often works in the wilderness and alone, and she's very practical.
- Backstory: Born in Valenwood and lived in Falinesti for a while, working with the city's law enforcement. Her work eventually led her into hunting criminals, and eventually she moved to Cyrodiil, working as an investigator for the Mages Guild. Her most recent case has taken her to Skyrim, hunting Nandrnil.
- Bounty Hunter: Her occupation.
- Intergenerational Friendship: With her fellow adventurers, who are over 120 years younger than her.
- Weapon of Choice: Her bow; otherwise a health-draining dagger if she has to.
An Orc and a member of the Thieves' Guild. He first appeared in Windhelm, sneaking around the pirates' ship. He encountered Eolwyn shortly afterward and teamed up with her. He became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- Artificial Limbs: After losing his hand in his duel with Captain Malvirian Linvail and then relinquishing a Thread of the Webspinner, Sanguine grants him a mechanical hand of apparent Dwemer make in appearance, though its origin is still indisputably Daedric.
- Backstory: He was born in an Orc stronghold, but not to the chieftain; his father was killed for it and his mother fled with the newborn Grelok.
- The Big Guy: Out of the Windhelm characters, he's the biggest, since he's an orc.
- Dual Wielding: Uses two daggers.
- The Face: He prefers to speak for his companions.
- Handicapped Badass: He lost a hand in his battle against Malvirian Linvail.
- Hunk: He's an attractive, at least for an orc.
- Gentleman Thief: Played straight as a member of the Skyrim Thieves Guild, which generally looks down upon killing a mark during a job.
- I Am Your Opponent: Does this to Malvirian, and immediately gloats about killing his son afterwards.
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: For an orc, he's pretty un-orcish and doesn't seem to care much for his race's customs.
- The Sneaky Guy: He's a thief.
- Weapon of Choice: Steel daggers. He later acquires a dagger as a gift from the local Khajiit locksmith in Windhelm, Madajha.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Appears to have a strange fear of dreugh, for reasons he refuses to disclose.
A Nord healer who first appeared during the siege in Windhelm, protecting the Snow Quarter. She became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- An Axe to Grind: Wields the one she got as a Windhelm Champion.
- Backstory: She was the daughter of a retired Companion, and she attended the College of Winterhold for several years before taking a position as a healer in Solitude.
- Boisterous Bruiser: An interesting case. Katlina is a 'only-when-necessary' killer when it comes to battle, preferring to heal. However, when it comes to rowdy tavern brawls and the like, she will be the first to throw a punch.
- Can't Hold Her Liquor: After a few drinks she begins speaking to and openly threatening a roasted chicken during a feast. She is promptly suggested to go to sleep by the Palace guards soon after.
- Fantastic Racism: At one point she declares that all Imperials are soft, much to the annoyance of the Imperial present (a former Legate in the Imperial Army, no less). She also tries to claim, when others question her abilities, that the reason they're doing so is because she's a Nord.
- Healing Hands: She's a healer.
- The Hedonist
- The Medic: It's her main job.
- Names to Run Away from Really Fast: "The Bonebreaker".
- Noodle Incident: She does this a lot.
- Weapon of Choice: Various fields of magic. She is bequeathed a silver axe with a fire enchantment after the Siege of Windhelm.
An Altmer mage. She joined the group in Suran, arriving at Deseles after the kagouti attack. When the adventurers' ship wrecked, she took a lifeboat with Arellius and Valentia. The trio encountered Nandrnil and Eolwyn, and made it to Windhelm. She became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After her first near-death experience, she's terrified of dying, and will do this if she fears it could happen.
- Backstory: Born in the Imperial City, and grew up studying magic. She attended the Arcane University for several years until she decided to travel the world, and ended up in Morrowind.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Easily one of the most friendly and genuinely empathetic characters in the cast. However, during the Siege of Windhelm, she causes unparalleled chaos among the attackers' ranks with her amplified destruction skills thanks to the Ring of Sanguine Red Wisdom. Her performance in the battle was the definite turning point in the defenders' favor, lighting several ships aflame and decimating pirate ranks with a blizzard.
- Break the Cutie: Everything that's happened since the start of the RP - multiple near-death experiences, allies dying, strangers dying on behalf of her and her friends, and having killed people herself in defense - has really begun to wear on her.
- Death Glare: Gives them to Dorian when he annoys her.
- Dirty Coward: Considers herself this to an extent because she left behind part of the group at the guardhouse, and then took one of the spots on the lifeboat, to save herself.
- Easily Forgiven: Averts this; she held grudges against Per and Arellius for a while after they tried to kill her, and later against Katlina for repeatedly insulting her.
- Every Proper Lady Should Curtsy: Greets the Emperor with a curtsy.
- Fire, Ice, Lightning: As a Destruction mage. She uses fire and ice about equally; lightning not so much.
- Good Parents: She is an only child, and grew up very close to her parents.
- Healing Hands: A skilled Restoration mage.
- Kill It with Fire: How she disposes of several attacking ships during the Siege of Windhelm.
- The Medic: Has been filling this role, mostly, due to Restoration magic being one of her main focuses.
- Near-Death Experience: Several, most notably Arellius trying to behead her (Katien's Reflect Damage spell came into affect at the right moment and threw off his swing) and several near-misses in Nandrnil's cave.
- Nice Girl: One of the nicest characters of the cast.
- Red Mage: Equally proficient in Destruction and Restoration magic.
- Reluctant Warrior: She prefers not fighting, but will if she has to.
- Scars Are Forever: Has one on her shoulder from Arellius' attempt on her life.
- Squishy Wizard: She's a strong mage, but melee fighting is not her strength.
- Unluckily Lucky: She's been in the most near-death situations so far out of all the characters. However, she's had lucky moments to survive them; see Near-Death Experience above.
- Weapon of Choice: Destruction magic and her Elven shortsword. She acquired an enchanted Absorption Dagger from Jarl Ragnir's armory as a reward for helping defend the city.
Nora "the Fox" Felkin
A Skaal that works as a mercenary. She first appeared during the Windhelm siege, defending the Snow Quarter. She became a Champion of Windhelm and a member of the group searching for the Threads.
- Action Girl: She grew up brawling with the boys, and later dealing with drunks in the inn, and now works as a mercenary.
- Animal Motifs: Foxes, naturally.
- Backstory: She was born in the Skaal village on Solstheim, and at the age of 7 hitched a ride to Soitude. An innkeeper took her under his wing, and she befriended a boy named Benhart. When she grew up she chose to be a sellsword, and though her friend proposed to her, she still wishes to continue her adventuring.
- Black and White Morality: Nora is perhaps the most outright heroic member of the Threads group.
- Dual Wielding: When deemed she will use both her swords
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: She often pairs up her primary weapon with a shield whenever possible.
- Her beloved shield was damaged by a throwing axe during the Siege, however.
- The Magnificent: Like most nords, she prefers a honorific title as a surname, much like her idol Hans the Fox
- Named Weapons: Her swords are Frostbite and Quicksilver.
- Weapon of Choice: Her Nordic longsword, Frostbite. If she is disarmed, her second choice is a shortsword named Quicksilver.
A Khajiit NPC. He is a member of the Gray Vigil that was tasked with accompanying the Champions.
A Dunmer vampire. He entered the story was the court mage of Markarth, but was exiled from the hold after his vampiric nature was revealed.
- Backstory: He began life as a Telvanni mage, but eventually left to become a mercenary. His group was attacked by vampires, which is when he became infected. Eventually he made his way to Skyrim and became Markarth's court mage.