The Stallion Six
In this continuity, Twilight's B.B.B.F.F. is a young, fresh-out-of-the-academy cadet who despite his high marks and enormous potential often acts before thinking, landing him into trouble. Despite this, he's a natural leader and very dedicated to helping others.
- Big Eater
- Butt-Monkey: Much like his little sister was in canon, unfortunately.
- Chaste Hero: Due to being Married to the Job.
- Chick Magnet / Clueless Chick Magnet: Zigzagged. He knows he tends to attract mares (and the occasional stallion), but he's unaware that some hold much more than a simple attraction.
- Chronic Hero Syndrome: The quote above sums it up.
- Deadpan Snarker: Gets his moments.
- Hot Librarian: Since setting up shop in the library.
- Idiot Hero: Downplayed. He's more Hot-Blooded than anything and when he stops to analyze the current situation, he's able to come up with a good plan.
- Luckily, My Shield Will Protect Me: His signature spell, as in canon.
- Nice Guy
- Oblivious to Love: Unaware of the various mares in Ponyville that want to get with him.
- Undying Loyalty: He is the Element of Loyalty, after all.
- Unskilled, but Strong: Despite having an incredible amount of raw magical power, he limits the use of it to the basics and his shield spell.
The nephew of Princess Celestia (give or take a couple dozen greats). Had a very bitter attitude towards friendship at first, due to an old childhood friend backstabbing him. Very snarky.
- Adaptational Heroism: His canon self is a Prince Charmless and a complete Jerkass. Here, he is the Element of Magic and a Jerk with a Heart of Gold.
- Childhood Friend Romance: A one-sided (on her side) one with Trixie.
- The Cynic
- Deadpan Snarker: About half his lines are said in some sarcastic way.
- Determinator: Refused to submit to Nightmare Moon's attempts to sway him to her side.
- Evil Cannot Comprehend Good: More like "Jerks Cannot Comprehend Friendship". Pre-Character Development, he believed that people only befriended others so they could get something out of it.
- Happily Adopted: Has no qualms about being raised by Celestia, his (several greats) Auntie.
- His Name Really Is "Barkeep": No really, his first name is "Prince", not a title.
- Hot Librarian: After setting up shop in the library, he starts attracting quite a few admirers.
- The Hedonist: After his friend's betrayal, he became this to help mask his pain.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's cynical and hedonistic, but in reality he was just deeply hurt inside. He still has best intentions however.
- Running Gag: During "Longest Night", he gets punched by each of his friends.
- Royal Brat: At first.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: He used to be very sweet and friendly until a friend of his screwed him over.
A large and quiet, but wise and gentle stallion who works at his family's apple farm.
- Badass Normal: Isn't a guard, isn't an expert flier, isn't a time-traveling alien, but is a physically dominant pony.
- Beware the Quiet Ones: Don't piss him off if you want a face full of hoof.
- The Big Guy: Much like in canon, he's physically massive, as well as the strongest in terms of brute strength.
- Friend to All Living Things
- Gentle Giant
- Promoted to Parent: After his parent's death.
- The Quiet One
An odd, enigmatic older gentleman. No one knows where he came from, what we do know is that he's the Doctor and he's ready to help. He may or may not be a time-traveling alien.
A hot-tempered youth who works directly under Rainbow Dash. Gets screwed over by life on an almost-disturbing basis.
- Always Second Best: No matter of it was work or racing, Rainbow Dash seemed better than him at everything.
- Brutal Honesty: His specialty.
- The Chew Toy
- Childhood Friend Romance: He and Blossomforth have known each other almost their entire lives.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Henpecked Boyfriend: To Blossomforth, at first.
- Hyper-Competent Sidekick: It's pretty obvious between him and Rainbow Dash whose the harder worker.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He's brash and brutally honest to a fault, but his heart's in the right place.
- Number Two: To Rainbow Dash, at least at work.
- Odd Friendship: With Soarin.
- Promoted to Parent: Has been raising his little brother since he was 13.
One of the esteemed fliers, The Wonderbolts, Soarin is a happy-go-lucky playboy that lives for the moment.
- The Casanova
- Chivalrous Pervert: His defining trait.
- Ethical Slut: Male version. In his words, if he can hit it, he'll go for it.
- Extreme Omnisexual: The quote above was his response to seeing a female sea serpent.
- The Hedonist
- Heroes Want Redheads: Though oddly enough, his charms never work on them. It may have something to do with his feelings for Spitfire.
- Ladykiller in Love: Has had an unrequited love for his best friend Spitfire for many years now.
- The Matchmaker: Opens up a matchmaking business after moving into Ponyville.
- Odd Friendship: With Thunderlane.