Character sheet for Legend of the Three Caballeros: Dark Signs of the Sun. Tropes shown here are for this fanfic only.
- Composite Character: Shows traces of his Ducktales (2017) counterpart since the narration mentions that he goes to visit Huey, Dewey and Louie in Duckburg once in a while.
- Confusion Fu: He has a variety of Xyz monsters to choose from, so you never know what level he's gonna adjust his Gagaga monsters to.
- Dark Is Not Evil: He uses Gagaga monsters but he's one of the Three Caballeros.
- Weak, but Skilled: Gagaga monsters aren't strong on their own, but their abilities to manipulate levels means that Donald doesn't have to worry too much on getting Xyz Monsters on the field.
- Beginner's Luck: In contrast to his fellow Caballeros, he wins his first on-screen duel even though he just got his deck a few hours prior to entering Domino City and his only tutorial on summoning Pendulum Monsters came from offscreen advice from Kaiba.
- Mythology Gag: Dawn nicknames him "Panchito Pistoles" and his Igknight deck are references to him wielding guns in the original film. He's first seen by Shinji and Dawn at a shooting gallery to cement this.
- Playing with Fire: He uses the Igknight monsters.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: She's much nicer than she was on the show, presumably because she's happy that Donald is in a better position.
- Composite Character: While she still has her moniker of "Jigsaw Daisy" she also shows signs of her Mickey and the Roadster Racers persona when it's mentioned that she works with Minnie in a "Happy Helpers" Group.
- Everyone Has Standards: She shows a dislike for Eugenia, but even she feels sorry after Eugenia gets run over by Launchpad — in order to save Daisy from being choked to death — in order for Eugenia to be free of Hector's mind control.
- Foil: To Eugenia — both are proud stand-offish females who want more in life (Eugenia wants to become President while Daisy wants Donald to clean up his act). The major difference is that Eugenia doesn't know what to do with her life after getting what she wants, whereas Daisy has developed as a character and decided to work around helping people after she and Donald made up.
- Mama Bear: She's shown to be protective of her nieces, ready to punch Eugenia in the face when she starts threatening them.
- Pink Is Feminine: Her Duel Disk involves a pink rose as the deck holder; not to mention that it's based off of Yuzu's bracelet that had a pink gem in the center.
- Something About a Rose: She uses a Rose deck and her Duel Disk has a large rose in the center.
- Divergent Character Evolution: Each of the triplets are shown to have a love for different cultures: Egyptian for April, Mexican for May and Japanese for June. Their personalities are more pronounced with June a Genki Girl, May the Deadpan Snarker and April the in-between.
- Nightmare Fetishist: June is shown to be interested in the macabre as she asked the Caballeros and Xandra what their adventure in the Underworld was like. Meanwhile, April is absolutely ecstatic about the concept of the Shadow Realm.
- Otaku: June is into Japanese culture.
The Aracuan Bird and the Bear Rug who act as extended family members to the Caballeros.
Dark Signers and associates
The Dark Signer of the Spider who wishes to enact revenge on the man who killed him.
- Adaptational Villainy: Tadashi was an absolute Nice Guy in the movie; instead, he's dressed up as Yokai and is usually seen in a rage.
- Curb-Stomp Battle: On the receiving end of this by Sen who didn't even lose a single lifepoint in their duel. It's hinted that this is a case of Worf Had the Flu because both Sen and Hiro mention that Tadashi just picked up the Phantom Beasts deck without practicing with it first.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Is much more hot-headed than his Nice Guy incarnation.
- Malevolent Masked Man: Is first seen wearing a mask that resembles the one Youkai wore.
- Mythology Gag: His appearance as Yokai is a reference to the fan-theories that he was supposedly the Big Bad of the movie.
The Dark Signer of the Monkey.
The Dark Signer of the Giant
The Dark Signer of the Lizard.
A mysterious boy who seems to be the leader of the Dark Signers.
- Single Tear: Sheds one when he answers Hector's question on whether or not he understands the feeling of being killed by a close friend.
Characters that appear in the author's Ab Initio stories.
- Big Good: Of both the Ab Initio stories and this story.
- Light Is Good: Seeing as he's a heroic figure with the Blue Eyes White Dragon cards.
- Master of Illusion: He has the power of Illusion on his left eye, which glows when he uses its powers.
- Not So Above It All: He's the saner one between him and Sen, but the way he summons a one-ton weight to crush Hiro shows he has a comedic side.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The blue to Sen's red, being the lightning summoning and level-headed one of the duo.
- Sharing a Body: He shares one with an alternate version of himself, Sen.
- Shock and Awe: He uses electric attacks.
- Large Ham: It doesn't matter what world you come from, Seto Kaiba is gonna be hamming it up no matter what.
- Laughing Mad: Is shown cackling mad when he's dueling Tadashi, and when he decides to fight his counterpart in an impromptu fight.
- Master of Illusion: Also capable of creating illusions and his deck is known as an Illusion Deck.
- Playing with Fire: He's capable of unleashing fire attacks.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The Red to Seto's blue, being the fiery impulsive and perpetually grinning fighter of the two.
- Sad Clown: Despite his big grin and maniacal laughter, he's really depressed over losing everyone as he sometimes sheds tears upon summoning his monsters.
- Single Tear: His left eye is missing so he can only cry in one eye.
- Tragic Keepsake: His deck has monsters that consists of parts of the souls of everyone he cares about.
- Was Once a Man: He was completely human long ago, but then he became his mannequin self after meeting up with Damaballa
The powerful "Princess of Prophecy"/Fortune Fatale who is part witch, part duelist and 100% a force to be reckoned with.
- Berserk Button: Summoning Harpie Ladies in front of her. This bites Jose hard since this is his deck.
- Freudian Excuse: She hates them because it reminds her of how she wanted to be a Harpie duelist, but she could never win with them. She also had a falling out with her grandmother — the one who gave her said deck — which she never got over since said grandmother died shortly thereafter.
- Blow You Away: She's using her F.A. deck when she duels José.
- Pink Is Feminine: She's wearing a pink belly-dancer outfit when at Kaibaland.
One of Hanako's adopted daughters who is helping her mother work at a food-truck along with her feelings for a certain purple haired Predaplant duelist.
A stoic boy who is Panchito's opponent for the sake of his girlfriend's blog "Dawn of the Duel". Has a dislike for Pendulum monsters.
- Berserk Button: When he sees Panchito Pendulum Summoning, he is shown to be very aggravated on it. It gets even worse when Panchito says Kaibaman gave him that deck.
- Freudian Excuse: He hates Pendulum monsters because his brother, Reiji, used to be skilled with them to the point that Reiji foolishly tried to challenge Seto Kaiba into a duel. Those who read the Ab Inito stories knows what happened next.
- The Stoic: Usually is calm has a no-nonsense personality. The only times this slips up is when Panchito pressed his Berserk Button and when he laughs at Panchito saying that Nutrient Z does not Taste Like Chicken.