This is a listing of the members of the Vongola Family of Katekyō Hitman Reborn!. YMMV items and subjectives go in the YMMV page for the series.
Vongola Primo (Giotto)
Vongola Secondo (Ricardo)
Voiced by: Suzune Okabe
Second head of the Vongola. Unlike Giotto, he was very violent and ruled through fear. First holder of the Flame of Wrath, which Xanxus also possesses. He and Xanxus look remarkably alike.
- Bad Boss: He's revealed (from what little we know of him) to be almost identical to Xanxus in personality—which can only mean one thing: He's one hell of a Bad Boss.
- According to the Ninth, the Vongola started getting more and more violent following his take over and have been going downhill ever since. He's basically responsible for the Family's fall from grace.
- Energy Ball: He can use the flames of wrath similar to Xanxus.
- Generation Xerox: Basically, Xanxus is pretty much identical to him in looks and personality. And nothing is explained as how, since Tsuna and Primo are at least in the same bloodline.
- Short Hair with Tail: That he ties with a ponytail.
- Tall, Dark, and Handsome: Looks like a much more refined Xanxus
Voiced by: N/A
Third head of the Vongola. Wielded a knife.
Voiced by: N/A
Fourth head of the Vongola. He apparently dreamed of being a chef, but was made Boss instead.
- Voiced by: N/A
Voiced by: Shinobu Matsumoto
Fifth head of the Vongola. Used a katar.
Vongola Sesto (Simora)
Voiced by: N/A
Sixth head of the Vongola.
Vongola Settimo (Fabio)
Voiced by: N/A
Seventh head of the Vongola and father of Daniela. Created the Dying Will Gun (also used by Xanxus) because he had a weak flame.
- Badass Mustache
- Beam Spam
- The Gunslinger
- Nice Hat: The only boss shown to wear one.
- Weak, but Skilled: Though his flame was weak, he was able to compensate for it by creating the Dying Will Gun.
Vongola Ottavo (Daniela)
Voiced by: N/A
The only female Vongola leader to date. Wielded a crossbow. Timoteo's mother.
- Facial Markings: The pink floral pattern on the left side of her face.
- Lady of War: A description of her is "she fights like Athena".
- The Smurfette Principle: The only woman to become a Vongola Boss.
- Tomboy: Implied to be one in her youth.
Vongola Nono (Timoteo)
Voiced by: Yusaku Yara
The current Boss, and adoptive father of Xanxus. When Xanxus tries to stage a coup, he freezes Xanxus and chooses Tsuna as his successor. Xanxus later kidnapped him and sealed him inside Gola Mosca, almost leading to his death at Tsuna's hands. However, he survived.
- Affably Evil: Not to say that he is a villain, but he is still The Don of the bloodiest mafia family and implied to have shed blood. Certainly ordering Dino to kill Gokudera when he fails his test in the promotion chapter counts as this.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Certainly kicks Xanxus' ass when he decided to coup against him.
- An Ice Person: His Zero Point Breakthrough: First Edition.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Can kick ass in his striped suit.
- Benevolent Boss: Adopted Xanxus as his own son even after knowing that they are not blood related. And he is one to his men as he is pretty much respected by his men.
- Cool Old Guy: He is seen as tending flowers in his home and is very relaxed around people. Tsuna is even surprised that he does not act like a typical mobster.
- The Don: The current head of the Vongola Family. Thankfully, he is quite a benevolent man who wants to return the Vongola Family to its roots and wishes for Tsuna to take up Primo's mantle for this reason.
- Hostage Situation: Was kidnapped by his own adopted son and used as a battery for Gola Mosca, with the added caveat of blaming Tsuna for his death when the robot was destroyed. Fortunately, he was able to survive.
- Manipulative Bastard: Subtle, but he knows that Tsuna will reject being the position of Decimo, so he used his admiration of Primo and his friends as reason to take up the position and lets him think about it. Even before that, where he ordered Tsuna to capture Mukuro who is a high profile criminal to jump start his abilities.
- Old Soldier: He was able to fight off Xanxus and Squalo by himself eight years before the Varia arc.
- Outliving One's Offspring: His outliving all three of his biological sons is what kicks off the plot.
- Simple Staff: He uses this as his weapon to channel his flames. The staff makes him look like a typical don as well.
The members of CEDEF are members of the Vongola Famiglia that remain outside the direct control of the main Famiglia. They hold very little power during times of peace; however, they become a very important part of the Famiglia during times of crisis because, at such times, the CEDEF leader becomes the Vongola Famiglia's second-in-command, and also merges with the main Vongola. The CEDEF can thus be considered the "second Vongola".
- Iemitsu Sawada
Tsuna's elusive father, who everyone believes is either dead or working in some far-off oil field. How wrong they are...
- Voiced by: Masami Iwasaki
- Abusive Parents: Of the "neglect" variety. Disappearing for how long, only to return and force his son (who only wants to lead a normal life) to become a Mafia crime lord who will be targeted by countless assassins? Tsuna is not amused by this and doesn't even want to acknowledge him as his father.
- Amazingly Embarrassing Parents: Which is partly why Tsuna isn't too cut up about him being a nonexistent entity in his life.
- But Not Too Foreign: Like Tsuna, Iemitsu is a descendant of the first Vongola boss, who was Italian.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Acts like a happy-go-lucky man around everyone, but it doesn't really matter since every mafioso is very wary of his capabilities.
- Curbstomp Battle: Inflicts this on Tsuna in Chapter 360, defeating him with a single punch!.
- Deus Exit Machina: Could have participated with Tsuna's plans against Jager, but Tsuna doesn't really trust him (Tsuna pretty much says that he trusts Byakuran and Xanxus after their fights and never even thought of asking him) and his boss watch was destroyed in the battle prior anyways.
- Disappeared Dad: Reborn did more to raise Tsuna in one year than Iemitsu has Tsuna's entire life.
- The Dragon: To the 9th Vongola Boss, and Reborn to some extent.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: To Nana. He's 189 cm (6'2') tall, while she is 155 cm (5'1').
- It Amused Me: His messing with Basil is the reason the poor boy speaks 12th century Japanese.
- Made of Iron: He tanked Hyper Dying Will Mode Tsuna's Vongola Gear-powered punches as if they were nothing.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Mysterious Parent: Always disappears for long stretches of time and Tsuna doesn't even remember that much from him, only that he works for an oil company.
- Parental Neglect: See Disappeared Dad above.
- Taking the Bullet: Took an attack meant for Nana in their fight against the Vindice
- The Red Baron: "The Young Lion of Vongola" during his youth.
- The Worf Effect: Was ambushed by the Vindice when he had his guard down along with Nana after the second day battle to show off how powerful the Vindice are. He barely managed to fend them off, but not without injuries.
- Sickeningly Sweethearts: According to Fuuta, he and Nana are the Number One Love Love Married Couple.
- Stealth Mentor: To Gokudera, who pointed out to the latter after saving him from the bombs that the he should think and protect his own life as well. Tries this on Tsuna in their fights, unfortunately Tsuna doesn't understand until it's too late.
- The Worf Effect: Knocks out Tsuna, who has gone through many levels of badassery in just one punch. And he has been on the receiving end of this via the Vindice, where they gave him a grievous injury on his abdomen and puts him out of commission for the rest of the arc.
Voiced by: Yuka Terasaki
- Antiquated Linguistics: Thanks to Iemitsu teaching him classical Japanese and instead of the modern ones
- Can't Catch Up: In the future arc and after that. While he does have his own training, the other characters keep getting upgrades to their weaponry and skills to the point where Tsuna, who he keeps kicking ass in the Varia Arc, surpasses him in flame abilities.
- Child Soldier: Taught how to fight ever since he was a kid.
- Improbable Weapon User: Uses a boomerang to fight against his enemies.
- Keigo: Speaks 12th century Japanese thanks to Iemitsu.
- Meaningful Name: Along with the some other members of CEDEF, he's named after an herb.
- Undying Loyalty: To Iemitsu, to the point he did not get angry even after the fact that he was used as bait by his boss.
- The Worf Effect: Is the first one to be taken out of the "Hyper-Trio" group that fought with the Vindice to show how outmatched the others are against them
He is part of a family who has provided weapons' tuners for the Vongola for many years, but his own "modifications" actually make all the weapons far less useful. He travels inside a round mechanical machine, but does not seem to do so anymore in the future, a time where his skills have greatly improved.
- Voiced by: Kenta Uehara
- Gadgeteer Genius: In the future. Not so much in the present.
- Gonk: In his past self. But at least his future self has realistic body proportions.
- Mission Control: Acts like this in the Melone Base raid, acting as a Voice with an Internet Connection for the Vongola and Varia.
- Supreme Chef: Helped in cooking when Kyoko and Haru ran from the base.
Badass-looking group of attractive old (and young) men who serve as Timoteo's guardians. When they appeared half of the fandom rejoiced because finally they have a set of adult bishounen to ogle. The rest were not very excited because their appearance creates another plot hole (See below). All guardians provide examples for these tropes:
- Adults Are Useless: Where are they when Xanxus kidnapped Nono and almost killed him? Despite their badass appearance, none of them can do anything when Simon Family attacked. And all of them are clueless about the history of Vongola.
- Cool Old Guy: All of them at least look cool.
- Edible Theme Naming: All Nono's guardians are named after cakes or related words.
- Silver Fox: Even in their old age they are still capable of attracting lots of women from the fandom.
- The members:
- Coyote Nougat
- Schnitten Brabanters
- Brow Nie Jr.
- Ganauche III
- Bouche Croquant