The character sheets below are grouped by race, aside from the characters who join in the main story of the game and other unique distinctions.
- Story Characters: The player character, Vyrn, Lyria and all characters obtainable through the course of the story.
- Humans: Playable characters from the Human race.
- Draphs: Playable characters from the Draph race.
- Erunes: Playable characters from the Erune race.
- Harvins: Playable characters from the Harvin race.
- Primals: Playable Primal type characters, including Primal Beasts that have been Promoted to Playable.note
- Other: Playable Other note type characters who don't fall into the five races mentioned above.
- The Eternals: Special free characters known as the Eternals who are recruitable through Revenant Weapons.
- The Evokers and Arcarum Primal Beasts: Special free characters themed after Tarot Motifs, recruitable characters known as Evokers and their associated Primal Beasts.
- The Twelve Divine Generals: Special characters themed on the Chinese Zodiac.
- Event Characters: Playable characters in limited Crossover events and collaborations with other franchises.
Non Playable Characters
- Primal Beasts: Primal beasts encountered in the main story, and non-antagonistic primal beasts encountered in events.
- Allies: Allies and other notable friendly NPCs in the main story and in events.
- Antagonists: Antagonists of the main story, anniversary story arcs, and unique antagonists appearing only in some Fate Episodes.
- Event-only Antagonists: Antagonists of other story events and Crossover collaborations with other franchises.
- Others: Other plot-related characters who do not fall in any of the above categories.