Here are the characters introduced in Dead or Alive 6. For characters introduced in the previous games, go here. Enjoy, and help out with the blurbs!
- "I have no time for games. Come at me with everything you got."
The king of New York City's street fighting scene, Diego enters the DOATEC tournament to earn the money needed to care for his ill-stricken mother.
- Alternate Company Equivalent: It's easy to compare Diego to Miguel from Tekken. Both are fighters of a Latin background who uses unsophisticated street brawling, introduced in the sixth installment of their respective series. Hell, both are even 26-years-old and have a loved one they care deeply for.
- Bruiser with a Soft Center: He's pretty good with kids and they really look up to him.
- Determinator: Just as Jann Lee thought he won, Diego stands right back up to prove that he can still fight, despite Zack's objections.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Has quite a few scars on him, presumably from previous street fights.
- Momma's Boy: Fights to take care of his ill mother.
- The Rival: His debut trailer set him up as one for Rig. Ends up becoming one for Jann Lee as well, since Diego is the one who ends up dethroning him from the title of Dead or Alive champion.
- Token Minority: The first explicitly Latin American character in the series.
- Unskilled, but Strong: His whole style. In contrast to the form and finesse of the other fighters, he's just an untrained, scrappy brawler. He makes up for it by packing a mean punch. It even earns him the title of champion.
- Weirdness Magnet: According to his intros, he's surprised at seeing a ninja for the first time and he does not like Rig or Zack's presence around him.(To Kasumi, Ayane, Hayate, or Ryu) "A ninja? A real ninja? Well, show me."(To Rig or Zack) "Damn it. If it's not one weirdo, it's another."
- "All right then, let us begin the experiment."
A genius scientist involved with Victor Donovan's M.I.S.T. development project. She is intelligent and calm with a bit of a smug streak, as well as a practitioner of the historical Southeast Asian martial art Pencak Silat. She has earned the nicknames "Azure Flash Cybernetician" and "The Lightning Technomancer".
- Anti-Villain: While her methods are villainous, her goals are ones she believes to be beneficiary to others as well as herself, as she seeks to create a way of resurrecting people who died premature deaths before it was their time to go.
- Back from the Dead: This is her actual goal. Her experiments in bringing Raidou back to life were all so she could confirm for herself that resurrection is a possibility. She intends to resurrect her dead father, and even plans to bring Helena's mother Maria back to life. In The Stinger, it's shown she may have succeeded.
- Badass Bookworm: A genius scientist and also a skilled fighter.
- Code Name: She is only known by her code name.
- Dark and Troubled Past: She never knew her mother, and her father died when she was very young. Unable to move on from her pain, NiCO dedicated herself to studying science so she could learn how to resurrect the dead.
- Flash Step: In some of her moves she moves so fast that it looks like teleportation.
- Foil: The Story Mode of 6 reveals that she is one to Helena. Both of grew up witnessing the untimely deaths of their parents. However, while Helena became stronger from the pain of her mother's assassination and went on to seek justice for the wrongs done to her family, NiCO never got over her parents' deaths and vowed to find a way to bring them back to life someday. Helena openly calls her out on this in the ending.
- For Science!: "With science, anything is possible!"
- Mad Scientist: She's the one who brought Raidou back from the dead.
- Medium Awareness: One of her taunts is "Have you seen your health gauge?"
- Rei Ayanami Expy: Has a blue Sci-Fi Bob Haircut and speaks with a monotone voice.
- Shock and Awe: She can use electric attacks thanks to her special custom gloves.
- Shout-Out: To Sento Kiryu, the titular hero of Kamen Rider Build. Her intro quote is very similar to Build's "Now then, shall we begin the experiment" and she also often does the Right-Hand Rule gesture, another one of Build's trademarks.
- Super Speed: She can use her EMF Rings to go at ultrahigh speed.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: NiCO takes over Lisa's role as M.I.S.T.'s resident mad scientist, looks like Marie Rose, and has Raidou's lightning powers.
- Teen Genius: A brilliant scientist as well as a skilled fighter, and only 18 years old.
- Wearing a Flag on Your Head: A more subtle example, but her color scheme is mostly white and blue, the colors of the Finnish flag.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: Her research is dedicated to bringing people Back from the Dead if those people had died by accident well before it was there time to pass away naturally, like her father.
- Wild Card: NiCO isn't loyal to Donovan. She is only using his MIST organization in order to fund her research.
- Who Wears Short Shorts?: Not as short as a few others in the roster, but still relatively short.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Her hair is a shade of light cyan. This makes her notable as all of the other characters have normal hair colors, with the only exceptions being Ayane and Honoka, who have purple and pink hair respectively.
The King of Fighters Guest Fighters
- "Kula, will do her best."
A former member of NESTS, a criminal organization that genetically engineered her to be able to create and manipulate ice. Her powers over ice were used as a counter to K' and she was originally assigned to eliminate him. After the fall of NESTS, K' takes her in. She becomes a little sister of sorts to him and occasionally teams up with him in KOF tournaments.
Only Tropes related to her appearance in this game go here. Tropes related to her general character can be found on her main page.
- An Ice Person: Able to manipulate ice thanks to her NESTS modifications.
- Breath Weapon: Her icy Diamond Breath.
- Dance Battler: To an extent. Some of her attacks resemble the graceful movement of ballerinas and figure skaters.
- Eyelid Pull Taunt: Done when she pulls off her Break Blow based off her Climax Desperation Move in KOF XIV.
- Sweet Tooth: One of her victory poses has her enjoying a lollipop.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair