- When the brainwashed bridesmaids block Twilight and Cadance's way out of the caves, Vivian appears and uses impressive martial art skills to neutralize the three mares in less than two seconds.
- It's minor, but when Celestia first attempts to reason with Jewelius in the fifth chapter, Vivian stands in her way and aims her glowing horn threatening at her. While talented, Vivian is an ordinary unicorn, yet she dares to wordlessly threaten the powerful alicorn. It's a pity her stoic devotion is wasted on such a rotten and spineless master Jewelius proves himself to be.
- In the 13th chapter, Vivian casts a spell that petrifies Celestia, Luna, the Mane Five, Shining Armor and Spike, all nine of them at the same time. Her concentration needs to be broken for the spell to wear off.
- Before Shining Armor and Cadance get a chance to blast the Changelings out of Equestria, Twilight uses a power-draining spell to turn them all small enough to fit in a glass jar.
- As conceited as Jewelius proves himself to be later on, one cannot help but give him some respect for the audacious way he takes over Equestria's throne by making the mistakes of Celestia, Shining Armor as well as Twilight's friends public knowledge. He originally planned to take control of Equestria as Chrysalis' partner, but as he witnessed all that happened canonically, he devised a new plan that resulted in him getting behind bars the Changelings he double-crossed, getting the credit of saving the day with Twilight, and overthrowing the alicorns by scapegoating them as well as Shining Armor and Twilight's friends with carefully selected half-truths. If he had afterwards kept his ego in check and his mouth shut, his reign could have lasted longer than a week.
- When Fluttershy is cornered by Garble's friends Clump and Baff in the arena, she briefly imagines them as Queen Chrysalis. Turning from fearful into enraged, she bucks Clump twenty feet backwards. Realizing he's screwed, Baff attempts to escape, but Fluttershy catches him by the tail, slams him three times against the ground, and spins him around in the air before throwing him on top of Clump. Just as Rainbow Dash boasted to Garble, the timid Fluttershy can be one of the bravest ponies when she needs to be.Fluttershy: Sorry, but you two reminded me of somepony I hate.
- Garble becomes dumbstruck from witnessing this, and Rainbow Dash uses her Sonic Rainboom to slam him painfully against the ground.
- When Hildread attempts to demoralize the Mane Five into giving themselves over, it works
until Fluttershy notices the chandelier hanging above. She tells Hildread where to shove her taunts before she flies above to kick the chandelier's chain, dropping the entire thing onto Hildread and the guards.Hildread: To think, Twilight Sparkle considered you all her best friends. What kind of pony would risk everything she cares about for the sake of her worthless, pathetic, annoying so-called friends?!
Fluttershy: Twilight would!
- Though a big Tear Jerker, the "The Reason You Suck" Speech Twilight gives her friends, brother and mentor in the tenth chapter is satisfying for those who hated the way they treated her at the wedding rehearsal and want her to repay in kind. What triggers this outlash is that Cadance just became injured, and Twilight, distraught for her former foalsitter's sake, mistakenly believes it's her former loved ones' fault. At the end of her rant, she imprisons them in a magic dome and leaves them at Hildread's mercy to check on Cadance the same way they abandoned her to check on the "distraught" Chrysalis, using the same parting words Shining Armor, Applejack and Celestia used back then.Shining Armor: Twily-
Twilight: And you can forget about me calling you my BBBFF anymore! In fact, I don't even have a brother. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go check on the princess.
Celestia: Twilight, I-
Twilight: You have a lot to think about.
- In the 12th chapter, Celestia chooses to face the gallows without resistance or pleading to deaf ears. Accepting that Jewelius' grip on everypony is too strong, she uses her final speech to tell Twilight and everypony else how sorry she is for failing them and raises the sun one more time. The previously angry crowd and jaded Twilight are so touched by Celestia's sincere remorse that they start protesting against having her hanged. The Mane Five, Spike and Shining Armor just failed with all their pleading to convince anypony that Celestia's hanging is wrong, but Celestia herself manages to do that simply by taking full responsibility over her mistakes. Let that sink in.
- In the 13th chapter, Twilight battles the escaped Queen Chrysalis. Now that the Changeling queen doesn't have the power-boost she gained from feeding off Shining Armor's love for Cadance, she's outmatched by Twilight.
- When Twilight speaks highly about Jewelius, Chrysalis mockingly tells her the same thing the disgraced heroes tried to tell her in the previous chapter: Jewelius at first collaborated with Chrysalis before betraying her, is using Twilight to his advantage, and is likely trying to kill Cadance now. As much as Twilight doesn't want to believe Chrysalis, the latter's words fill her with doubt. When she runs to the medical wing after the Changelings use their chance to bolt before she can shrink them again, everything she witnesses there leaves her doubting Jewelius for the first time. Nice job starting the big reality check, Chrysalis!
- Just as the heroes are petrified by Vivian and the smug Jewelius is about to enter the medical wing to kill Cadance and frame the heroes for it, he finds Cadance sitting free on the hospital bed, levitating in the air two of Jewelius' doctors, and giving an angry Death Glare toward her rotten cousin. After knocking out the doctors, she blasts Jewelius, sending him flying onto Vivian, and breaking the latter's petrifying spell.Cadance: That was for ruining my wedding!
- The Final Battle of the 18th chapter has several examples.
- Vivian forces the super-fast Rainbow Dash to dodge multiple magic beams before one of them injures Dash's right wing, forcing her to descend. Dash has to goad Vivian into making a Motive Rant, giving her the chance to take the unicorn by surprise and knock her unconscious by kicking her face.
- Hildread gains the upper hoof against Shining Armor, but before she can give the final blow, Twilight tackles her. In retaliation, Hildread tries to strike Twilight with her razor-sharp metal wing. Shining Armor blocks the strike in time by engulfing his sister with a force field, and Hildread's wing shatters upon striking it.Shining Armor: Don't you dare harm my LSBFF!
- Hildread is then forced backwards by the expanding force field, and Rainbow Dash — who has just won Vivian — incapacitates her with a hoof to the jaw.Rainbow Dash: YEAH! How's THAT for 'false idols'?!
- Hildread is then forced backwards by the expanding force field, and Rainbow Dash — who has just won Vivian — incapacitates her with a hoof to the jaw.
- Spike gets one by preventing Jewelius from escaping in his chariot. How does he do that? By wedging into one of the wheels the wedding cake toppers Jewelius himself sent to him just to taunt the exiled dragon.
- Just as Jewelius is surrounded by the heroes, Chrysalis appears with her Changelings. They give Jewelius his well-deserved end by eating him alive much the same way Scar is eaten by the hyenas.Jewelius: Chrysalis, my love, please help me! Destroy them and we'll rule Equestria as promised!
Chrysalis: My love?! I thought you said I was a 'despicable animal'. You may not have any love for us to feed on, but we'll just have to settle on everything else. Feed on this despicable excuse of a pony, my subjects!
Awesome / Loved And Lost