Note: These works have their own YMMV tabs. Please add any entries pertaining to them in their respective pages and only add examples to this page if they involve the franchise.
- Hyperdimension Neptunia (the first game)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (the second game)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (the third game)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection (the Vita Idol Spin-Off)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 (the remake of the first game)
- Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation (the anime)
- Alternate Console Interpretation: Would you really have imagined the Xbox 360 goddess as a sleepy slacker, the Wii goddess as a grouchy flat-chested girl who swears like a sailor, or the PS3 as a Tsundere?
- Big Lipped Alligator Moment: Most of the scenes that reference other video game series are this.
- Broken Base: Neptunia fans will argue and fight over which of the main four CPUs is the best, but when Plutia is brought up, it's instantly a civil discussion about how great Plutia is. Makes sense considering this is Console Wars as a video game after all.
- Cargo Ship: Neptune x Pudding and a Cargo Foe Yay Shipping with Neptune x Eggplant.
- Ensemble Darkhorse: Japan apparently loves Black Heart. To the point that she gets her own game. And is it any wonder? She encompasses more Moe characteristics in her character than any of the other girlsnote and she's the CPU that represents the PlayStation 3, the console that the franchise itself is debuted on.
- Fan-Preferred Couple: The games has Neptune x Noire and Nepgear x Uni, but some fans prefer Vert x Blanc and Neptune x Plutia with Peashy as their daughter.
- I Am Not Shazam: The main character is Neptune, not Neptunia.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Many believe that most of the people who buy these games only play them for the yuri.
- Moe Moe: EVERY playable character.
- Never Live It Down: In the Bad Ending of the second game, Nepgear gets a hold of a demonic sword and proceeds to kill all of the other protagonists to power it up (in order to kill the Big Bad), while they all react very seriously to her actions. For one reason or another, some people have taken Nepgear's actions in this ending seriously as well, and made Nepgear into a Scrappy solely because of it.
- What Do You Mean, It's Not For Little Girls?: Clueless parents who overlook the Cleavage Windows and the T (M in the case of mk2) rating may think the Neptunia games are good presents for their daughters.