Fanfic: It's a Small World After All
It's a small world after all
is a Hetalia Crack Fic
written by troper,
Bri Nara. Part of a series of crack fics named "Hetalia Crack Series". England
tries an age reversing spell
to get back to his glory days, but accidently turns himself and several others into little kids
(everyone constantly refers to them as
So the nations that turned into chibis most be taken care of by the few remaining adult nations that know what's going on, so by default, America, Spain, and China.
The babysitters often change because England ALWAYS messes up somehow
when he tries to fix them. Since the plot was written by Rule of Funny
anything goes. If it was requested
or just a random thought the author could somehow convert into a joke
it was thrown in.
The sequel has been named "It's Raining Women" as a Shout-Out to the song 'It's Raining Men'.
More or less the same thing except with gender-bending,
A third fic named "Everybody Wants To Be a Cat
" has been confirmed to be coming after "It's Raining Women". The same crack, with cats.
If you were looking for the trope, go here.
Actual fic is here. It's Raining Women
can be found here.
It's A Small World After All
- All Asians Know Martial Arts: China uses Kung Fu; Korea uses Taekwondo; Japan uses Karate; and Hong Kong uses mixed martial arts.
- Amusing Injuries
- Arson, Murder, and Jaywalking: A list of things Korea broke: An autograph from Shi Huang Di, a bronze statue from the Shang dynasty, some books on Confucianism, a miniature of the Great Wall, a very expense vase, an autograph from Byung Hun, and a Mulan DVD.
- "Iggy sucks at magic, the world is shrinking as we speak, and I AM NOW YOUNG ENOUGH TO HAVE A HAPPY MEAL."
- The songs America sang in the shower count, since it went from two national anthems to the McDonald's tune.
- "...and a taco."
- At Arm's Length: England did this to Chibi-France.
- Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!: What happens most of the time when England tries to fix the spell.
- Audience Participation
- Awesomeness Is Volatile: Prussia keeps breaking video games because of this.
- The Beautiful Game: Is serious f_ing business in Europe. Everyone's eyes started glowing red when America pulled the ball out.
- Berserk Button: Don't turn Korea back into a chibi.
- Bilingual Dialogue: France, the Latin American countries, Prussia once, and China.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: On several occasions. China would sometimes rant in Chinese. Several people complained that it was written wrong.
- Bratty Half-Pint: Most of the chibis.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Let's not get started on this. The wall was broken so often that Egypt was sent in to build a new one.
- Butt Monkey: England and China.
- Chew Bubblegum: "I'm here to chew tomatoes and take back Romano and I'm all out of tomatoes."
- Cloud Cuckoolander: Half the people in the story really... including the narrator/author.
- Cluster F-Bomb: Romano. Especially after America takes out a swear-jar for a meeting.
- Cosplay: An entire chapter of it. We're still waiting for someone to draw them.
- Crack Fic: This story will ALWAYS be regarded as a crack fic. And you will often be reminded of that.
- Crack! Oh My Back!: Happens to China during Twister.
- Curse Cut Short: Half the time a cuss is uncensored, it will be this. And it happens a lot.
- Dope Slap: After Spain said he missed Paul.
- Drinking Game: The fic now has one. A gulp for every reference, a sip for every time something breaks, and a sip for every time someone gets cut off. Say goodbye to your liver.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Dominican Republic calls Spain 'Bobo' because of all the years he ignored her.
- Epic Fail: The usual result of England's spells.
- Everyone Chasing You: Over a pink pony toy.
- Father to His Men: Not really in-story, but the author sure was to 'her peoples'.
- Fire-Breathing Diner: Happens to Romano, courtesy of Mexico.
- Flipping the Table: Egypt.
- Food Fight
- Foreign Cuss Word: The other half the time cuss words will be uncensored.
- Mierda (Spanish for 'Shit' or 'Damn' to those of the Carribean.) was said twice in the same chapter.
- Fountain of Youth: Well duh.
- Friendly War: Fourth Wall War in the Author's Notes.
- Fun with Foreign Languages
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: As expected of a Hetalia fanfic. Damn you, Google Translator.
- Hammer Space: Apparently it's behind someone's back.
- Heroic BSOD: America and England both had one after they realized the President and the Queen probably shrunk too.
- Hypocritical Humor: After Germany nearly swears in front of Italy, Romano proceeds to say "Oy, potato-bastard. Watch your f_ing language."
- I'm Taking Her Home with Me!: The fangirls' reactions to chibis. And thus started the Fourth Wall War.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Considering who wrote it there were bound to be a few.
- Poland is now a Po-nii. (Say this out loud.)
- "I'm Hungary. I want Turkey fried in Greece served on China."
- Infant Immortality: Averted. Even chibis can get hurt.
- Insistent Terminology: They are NOT toddlers. They are CHIBIS.
- Interactive Narrator: The story eventually gets one after the Fourth Wall War.
- I Take Offense to That Last One: England called France an 'idiotic, shameless, selfish, ugly, perverted frog' while France only reacted to ugly.
- Turkey told Greece to "GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF JAPAN, YOU LAZY, STUPID-ASS, CAT-OBSESSED, BASTARD!" while Japan defended that Greece isn't stupid.
- I Think You Broke Him: Used several times. Most notable was when Prussia broke Austria's piano, thus breaking Austria.
- Last-Second Word Swap: Germany almost cursed out England over the phone, then remembered Italy was there.
- Lethal Chef: England and the author were arguing over which one of them is the worse cook.
- No Kill Like Overkill: The Fourth Wall never stood a chance.
- Noodle Incident: Spain apparently had one with a bull and jelly-doughnuts in Dallas.
- The Roman Empire had something to do with America's economy disappearing.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Near the end of this fic, the authoress asked if the readers had any requests they wanted to see.
- Only Sane Man: China and England think they are this.
- Persona Non Grata: It is heavily implied that the nations are banned from that Walmart they destroyed and the half-destroyed Publix.
- Precision F-Strike: Egypt of all people! He really didn't want to build the Fourth Wall again.
- Puppy-Dog Eyes: Canada got beer this way.
- Rapid-Fire Comedy
- Reality Subtext: Japan's Sim-Wife is a reference to the Japanese man who actually married a character in his Dating Sim game.
- China constantly reminding America he owes money.
- Lord of the Rings wasn't in the Hollywood chapter because it was at New Zealand's house.
- Rule of Funny: The story literally runs off this, and was even lampshaded upon.
- Running Gag: Several.
- Ship Tease: The most romance in this crack fic is this because the author knows damn well how fangirls react to pairings.
- Shout-Out: Too many to count.
- There are lots of Yugioh Abridged References.
- Japan poofed away leaving a log in his place.
- Turkey and Greece were fighting over Japan with light sabers.
- And shortly afterward, Greece shouted out: THIS! IS! SPARTAAAA!
- Several Shout Outs to the actual show.
- England apparently has a Toon Link costume.
- There was an entire chase scene over a pink horse.
- America and McDonald's.
- "OMG, they killed Denny!" "You bastards!"
- Several Scandinavia and the World references when the Nordics were in the story.
- A copy of Roald Dahl's 'The Witches' was thrown at Norway.
- The entire cosplay chapter was full of these.
- English Transmutation circle.
- "Brooklyn Rage" Puts on sunglasses. "In America." YEEAAHH!!
- A baby turtle in a mask.
- ENGLAND OF BRITANNIA COMMANDS YOU ALL TO DANCE!!! and LONG LIVE THE BRITISH EMPIREEE!!!
- Po-po-po-Poland's rule, po-po-Poland's rule~!
- "Scourgify!" Yes, that was an actual cleaning spell.
- "Hey, Mexico. Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"
- Critical Hit! It's super effective!
- And this is without mentioning most of the Shout Outs in the Author's Notes.
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I have HAD IT with all these motherf_ing references in this motherf_ing fanfic! Now everyone step back. I'm about to take a f_ing laptop.
- Hyuu~ Hyuu~!
- AND the Hollywood chapter that included Mary Poppins, American Idol, Eurovision, Harry Potter, The Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, yet another Yugioh Abridged reference, George of the Jungle, Tarzan, Indiana Jones, Heta Oni, Star Wars, England then proceeded to ask whether The Lord of the Rings was there, England and America escaped on a bike and went up a ramp that was right next to a picture of the moon, finally ending with crashing into Robert Pattinson.
- Staying with Friends: China's house.
- Take That: Damn you, Google Translator.
- Take That Me: Romano flipped off the author. And constantly asks her 'What the hell are you high on?'
- The chibi-Americans. 'Enough said.
- That Russian Squat Dance: Is what Russia does in his DDR-battle with America.
- Tokyo Fireball: England got drunk and went on a rampage in Tokyo. Japan even facepalmed and lampshaded that everything goes on a rampage in Tokyo.
- Unstoppable Rage: Switzerland after Liechtenstein gets turned into a chibi.
- Who Writes This Crap?!: (*Glares at the ceiling*)
It's Raining Women
- Absurdly Ineffective Barricade: Prussia tried to use the door to lock out Hungary.
- Agony of the Feet: When Liechtenstein dropped a bowling ball on Switzerland's foot. And about 5 lines later when Romano's ball ended up on France's foot.
- Alcohol-Induced Idiocy: The Tequila Incident. America tried drinking more Tequilas than Mexico. He ended up getting drunk enough to believe he was a superhero, rode around Cancun on an alpaca, flung himself onto the second floor of a mall, and went on a rampage in a laser tag field.
- Amusing Injuries
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: The Marshmallow Peep.
- The Giant Chocolate Bunny at the State Fair chapter.
- Attractive Bent-Gender: Almost everybody.
- Audience Participation
- Beach Episode: Chapter 10.
- Beauty Contest: Chapter 19.
- Bedmate Reveal: The morning after the Tequila Incident, America wakes up next to Australia's pet kangaroo. Mexico put him there as a prank.
- Bifauxnen: No one could tell Poland was genderbent, he...she...they look the same.
- Black Comedy Rape: Only used once. Gender-bent Hungary thought of the advantages you can have while in a man's body and nearly made a one-man-stampede to Austria's house.
- Brain Bleach: After attempting to read a certain disturbing fanfic, America and England wind up needing this. Lots of it.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Another Fourth Wall War. And the characters break the wall to a higher extent.
- Brick Joke: The Tequila Incident.
- Scotland's. Scones. That is all.
- Burger Fool: Fem!England and Fem!America for the job chapter.
- Cat Fight
- Christmas In July: One author's note.
- Chronically Crashed Car: The car used to drive to Walmart. Crashed by Prussia last time, crashed by Denmark this time.
- Cool and Unusual Punishment: Loser of strip poker had to sleep in France's room. France lost.
- Cosplay: Japan. All the time. And then The Bad Touch Trio switched everyone's clothes with sexy costumes. And the cosplay party chapter...
- Cosplay Otaku Girl: Japan.
- Crazy-Prepared: Germanic countries are always prepared for a German Sparkle Party.
- Crosscast Role: While the nations were doing a play, Fem!Japan had to play a boy.
- Curse Cut Short: Still a Running Gag.
- Disaster Dominoes
- Drinking Contest: It starts off as an arguement over who has the best alcohol, and somehow snowballed into everyone being dead drunk and having extremely cracktastic hallucinations.
- The Tequila Incident was initiated by one.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: China. China. China.
- To the point were next to no one notices when he actually is gender-bent.
- Until Chapter 19, where the characters play russian roulette with beer cans and he/she gets soaked.
- Exact Words: England keeps reminding everyone that the contract he signed states that he can't use any AGING spells.
- Expospeak Gag: From Chapter sixteen:
Japan: A piece of fiction within a fandom utilizing characters and situations from a pre-existing work.
Japan: Fangirl write story.
America: Oooh! Cool!
- Also briefly used during the pirate battle:
Germany: They shattered the structure on the bottom of the port side.
Romano: Translation, potato-bastard?
Germany: The left side is broken. We might sink.
- Extreme Doormat: The authoress had several requests that she refused to touch (the period request, a request to kidnap a nation herself), however, she eventually did them due to popular demand.
- Face Doodling: On France.
- Face Palm: A lot.
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Fem!England, but nobody wants to admit it.
- Flat "What.": Usually England says it.
- Foreign Queasine: The Nordics observing the various fried foods in the State Fair chapter.
- For the Evulz: The main reason for Fourth Wall War Two.
- Friendly War: Fourth Wall War II. Lampshaded when America gets burgers thrown at him.
- Funetik Aksent: England's Brothers.
- Fun with Foreign Languages: Prussia calls Germany "West". Then Germany gets genderbent. What do you do? Call Germany "schwester." ("Sister")
- Gender Bender: Of course.
- Gender-Neutral Writing: During the first chapter, there was confusion from the narrator about which pronoun to use, so she kept switching to 'they'.
- Ghost Story: Russia tells one that sounds suspiciously familiar...
- Girlish Pigtails: Lampshaded.
- Greek Mythology: The scene will sometimes cut to Olympus when Greece and Turkey start arguing.
- Heroic BSOD: China's reaction to a certain less-than-positive fandom portrayal of him.
- Hiccup Hijinks: England tries to cure Italy's hiccups with magic. That goes about as well as you think it would.
- Hilarity Ensues: When anything happens.
- Hilarity In Zoos: Chapter 30.
- I Call Him Mr Happy: America calls it Florida.
- Improbable Aiming Skills: Canada.
- I Never: They played this during the sleepover.
- Instant Illness: Lithuania. Justified since it was magically induced on accident.
- Interactive Narrator: The narrator either is talked to by the characters and snarks something back, or the narrator says something to the audience.
- I Suck at Summaries: When Japan warns America by telling her to look at the summary before clicking on a fanfic, America tells her that she shouldn't be bothered with that, since most of them just say 'FAIL SUMMARY.'
- Jedi Mind Trick: Used by Germania to avoid his grandsons.
- Kiss of Life: Almost used on England, from France.
- Lovable Sex Maniac: France. Prussia. 'Nough said.
- Magic Misfire: From England, Belarus, America, and Prussia.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : France. Much to the displeasure of the fangirls. And the author.
- Marshmallow Hell: Happened to Japan. The results were expected.
- More Dakka: Fourth Wall War Two should qualify by now.
- Noodle Incident: Apparently England messed up his spells many times in 2008. And got banned from a pub because of it.
- Mexico brought up America's "Tequila Incident". The only details given were that: All the Hispanics know about it, America is embarrassed about it, and it happened in Cancun, Mexico during spring break. Make of that what you will.
- Finally explained in Chapter 27. America tried to drink more Tequila than Mexico, ended up drunk, and rode around Cancun on an alpaca while thinking he was a superhero. As a prank, Mexico put America in a room with a kangaroo before he woke up.
- Whatever the hell the Bad Touch Trio did before chapter 11. It got France covered in chocolate, Spain in a clown-suit, and Prussia gender-bent and in a nun's outfit.
- The magic time-travel trip the Magic Club had apparently made Sealand ruler of the world in another dimension.
- No Periods, Period: Due to squickey-ness of the topic, author says that this will be played straight, however, it gets averted in the fifteenth chapter, much to the discomfort of Hungary.
- Nose Bleed
- "Not Making This Up" Disclaimer: The Colosseum actually did have mechanisms to fill up with water to have water battles on.
- Official Fan-Submitted Content: Brought up a level in this fic. The authoress created a list to keep up with all the requests sent in. She tries to completely most of them, so majority of the story was a request at one point.
- Oh Crap There Are Fan Fics Of Us: America, England, and China got quite a shock when America found a certain fanfic of them.
- Paper Thin Penname: 'Not Roman Empire'.
- Precision F-Strike: During the author's Heroic B So D, she said the only uncensored fuck that hasn't been cut short.
- Purely Aesthetic Glasses: England, and lampshaded.
- Raging Stiffie: Male!Hungary during strip poker.
- Readings Blew Up the Scale: America playing 'Beat It' on expert for his Guitar Hero battle with England.
- Rent-a-Zilla: Gilbirdzilla.
- Right Behind Me: Rome and Germania seem to always be observing, unnoticed, in the background.
- Rule 63
- Running Gag: Already.
- Russian Roulette: The beer can variant.
- Ship Tease: There was a lot in Chapter 21. The fic isn't really a romance, but there is a lot of Ger Ita, Fr Uk, USUK, Giripan, Pru Can, etc.
- Shout-Out: Including Cosplay:
- The name of the fic itself is a Shout-Out to the song "It's Raining Men". Only reversed.
- Tiny mini-skirts were mentioned.
- Sailor Moon cosplay.
- (*Kicks door down*) HA! BOOM BABY!
- The best part about unconscious women.
- Japan cosplayed as Haruhi.
- Prussia threatened to dress Germany up as Lena.
- Buongiorno, Principessa~. and "...What kind of place is this? It's beautiful! Pigeons fly, women fall from the sky! I'm moving here! :D"
- Japan dressed up as Misa Amane and said "Hiiii~! It's Misa-Misa-chan here~! :D
- When they were stuck in the Amazon they were attacked by pumas, monkeys, a dog, and a bunny.
- Romano tried ordering the Varia to kick England's ass...
- ...while England was ordering Britannia to go kick Romano's ass.
- Miku Hatsune cosplay.
- The fact that only France's wanted poster is hand-drawn is clearly a Shout Out to Sanji of One Piece. France has Sanji's exact reaction too.
- Wingardium Leviosa!
- The theme from Jaws
- A reenactment of the Fullmetal Alchemist tiny mini-skirt scene. Performed by Germany.
- A certain Swedish horror game that Denmark treats as a Fate Worse Than Death.
- Cosplays in from chapter 11. Yuki Cross. *Slams the stall door* Reimu. *SLAM*. Sakura Kinomoto. *SLAM*. C.C. *SLAM*. Tea Gardener.
- ...The cosplay chapter.
- If the Magic Club went back in time, they would be the only ones expecting the Spanish Inquisition.
- "Tell... my fangirls... I love them..."
- Fruits Basket Cosplay.
- I like little kids-and-I-can-not-lie~! You other-brothers-can't-de-ny~! When their face goes red-like-a-tomato, you go Fusososososo~!
- The Super Smash Bros. Brawl tounament.
- Ares challenging Zeus to a video game duel on Percy's Playstation.
- Moscow~! Moscow~! I don't know the freaking words! I don't know the freaking words! Ahahahaha~ Hey!
- During Strip Poker, Finland covered herself up with a huge Angry Birds plushie.
- "Tell me about the rabbits."
- "These aren't the empires you're looking for."
- They went to the bowling alley by Portkey.
- The mere mention of Steve.
- The cosplays of chapter 27 were: Black★Rock Shooter, Kagura, Ranma, Yoko, and Erza.
- Ireland using the same strategy used in the short story "The Sniper".
- England watching Doctor Who.
- On an arm wrestling machine to test America's new boss's strength, one of the levels said Reynolds.
- Japan cosplayed Shiki.
- 'Vada a bordo, cazzo!'
- "...This is not an adventure movie, and you are not Jack Sparrow."
- "What kind of pirate can't swim?" "...One Piece pirates?"
- If you look at the roles in the play, there is a clear stealth reference to a comic from Scandinavia and the World.
- Show Within a Show: Chapters 33-35 are the nations attempting to perform Into the Woods. Hilarity ensues.
- Slumber Party: The gender-bent nations attempted to have one. Hilarity Ensues.
- Sniper Duel: There was a paintball battle in Chapter 29. England's genderbent brothers vs Finland, Canada, Switzerland, and England.
- Staying with Friends: England's house this time.
- Stealth Pun: A few in the cosplay chapter.
- Strip Poker: The now-female nations play this to see a room full of girls naked, since this will ''never'' happen again.
- Take That Me: Frequently in the Author's Note.
- Technically a Smile: Male!Belarus attempted to smile for daycare kids, and failed.
- That Poor Cat: A random cat got injured by Romano's bowling skills.
- That's what France said.
- Title Drop: Denmark drunkenly sang "It's Raining Men", replacing every "men" with "women".
- Hungover Puerto Rico sang this too.
- Un Entendre: Played with when the Bad Touch Trio are trying to explain their Noodle Incident. Because three pervs are expected to say something dirty when they actually weren't this time.
You see, there was this sad little kid who wanted some candy-
Let us finish! Since the kid wanted something sweet, I pulled out my wand-
Your wand is very easy to grab, Angleterre.
- Viewers Are Geniuses: Occasionally, there are extremely obscure references that the authoress never expects anyone to catch. Usually, at least one person sees it.
- Wanted Poster: Walmart posted wanted posters of the nations everywhere.
- What The Hell Casting Agency: Invoked during the chapters when the nations perform a play. Examples: Fem!Japan playing an emotional boy; Norway, Iceland, and Kugelmugel playing energetic rich bitches. All for laughs.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Not sure if this counts. But after Japan got gender-bent, he was the first to have no shame in mini-skirts.
- Wondrous Ladies Room: Played with, and made incredibly pink, clean, spa-like, and girly.
- Write What You Know: The beach resort in Dominican Republic.