Creator: Monica Gilbey Bieber
"Hi, I'm Monica. I'm 14 years old, and as you can see, I am, like, SO TOTALLY in love with JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!! Ahh! Oh, and One Direction too."
— Monica, the alter-ego
"Name's James, and don't wear it out. I'm 20 years old, and as you can see, I am, like, SO NOT TOTALLY in love with JUSTIN BIEBER!!!!!! Ahh! (My leg!) Okay, now that was just wrong. But the point is, I'm not really that crazy about Justin Bieber."
— James, the actual person
Monica Gilbey-Bieber, also known as James, Jimmy, Le JiMSTer, Jïmblöød, or el-Jimmeister, is a retired internet Troll
who is the author of the Fan Fics One Less Lonely Gurl
, Plankton's Eye View
, and My Metal
. He is also working on 360
, an original fic about human trafficking which he has plans to publish as a real book.
He can be found in Fanfiction Dot Net
), and Twitter
), although he only actively uses his deviantArt. His artworks can also be found in the pages for Jo Bekke At Hugwrts
, One Less Lonely Gurl
, and Da Ivy Cuvrd Wals Uv Higwsrts
open/close all folders
- Adaptational Attractiveness: C'ren isn't really very unattractive in his artwork of her in the 'real world.' She has a nice, healthy-looking body with almost-flawless skin for a homeless woman who lives in the snowy streets of Russia, if not for her smeared make-up and slight grunge. Her ample breasts aren't really sagging either, despite the fact that he described her with sagging breasts, possibly done because of Artistic License and Author Appeal. Well, James is still a male after all. See Scenery Censor for links to the artworks.
- Aerith and Bob: Jimblood, Vulture, and... Philip.
- A Little Something We Call "Rock and Roll": Rainblood teaches Tom Riddle of the past about rock and metal music. This is then heavily and brilliantly Deconstructed in the next chapter.
- Alternate History: The deconstruction of A Little Something We Call "Rock and Roll" as applied in My Metal is this. The alternate timeline is the My Immortal universe, and Rainblood is Willow. Ebony notices that Willow is acting strange, and Darko theorizes that Willow might be an impostor.
- Alternate Universe: One Less Lonely Gurl is set in a world where the Spongebob Squarepants characters (except for Sandy and Karen) are humans, while Planktons Eye View is set in an alternate history where Plankton is freed after ten years in prison.
- Author Appeal: Zig-zagged.
- James seems to be fond of drawing curvy women. However, he is against the objectification of women.
- He also uses Scenery Porn in his works quite often.
- All his works have Reality Subtext.
- Plankton's second name is James, and both James and Plankton are said to be short.
- And very much in Solitude, where he is a successful architect. James himself also lampshades this trope often when talking about it. However, shipping himself with Ronnie is a joke... Or is it? (James already confirmed that he does love Ronnie.)
- One Less Lonely Gurl has been said to read like something written by a deranged Justin Bieber fangirl, which James is obviously not.
- Author Avatar: C'ren, himself in the MST of Naruto: Veangance Revelaitons, and Rainblood (My Metal).
- Author Filibuster: Seen in My Metal, where Rainblood, the Parody Stu, rants against incest and misogyny, two things that James personally dislikes.
- Becoming the Mask: Rather gruesomely deconstructed in his poem Rivalry, which features an evil seamstress who symbolically sewed a dress onto the skin of her victim, who is the narrator.
- Berserk Button: Never, ever, attempt to touch Rainblood's girlfriend or any of his friends the wrong way, because his blood will boil in anger, melt away the chains you bound him with, and then he will use the Cruciatus curse on you. God help you if he does push through with stabbing you fifty fucking times while blood spills from every orifice of your body. Just like James, he also takes the subject of rape VERY seriously.
- Bilingual Bonus: In My Metal, Rainblood is addressed as Rainbird in a chapter after he traveled back in time. In the original My Immortal, Ebony gets misspelled as Ibony in that chapter. Ibon is the Tagalog word for bird. This also hints at James's Filipino heritage.
- Bishōnen: Rainblood. Lampshaded in-story by Professor Styx.
"With hair that rivals those of shampoo models and your Pretty Boy
Korean facial features? Of course! Even your corpse paint can't hide your beauty! That's why YOU had been chosen for this noble job!"
- Brain Bleach: Often appears in his MSTs as something he needs. This will usually take the form of Google images for Cute Kitten.
- Break the Haughty: Happens to Ronnie in Solitude.
- Brown Note: James wrote this reaction article about a certain snippet of text about Hell from the Nightmare Fuel page about The Bible and how it affected him.
- Call Back: In Chapter 20 of My Metal, a Squicked-out Rainblood repeats Dumbledore's famous My Immortal quote, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING YOU MOTHERFUKERS!" when he sees Snape and Lupin having sex in the hallway. Also, Rainblood takes a picture of them as revenge for that time when they took a picture of him in the bathtub.
- Celebrity Cameo: Ronnie Radke in My Metal, Chapter 39.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Rainblood shamelessly says that Alissa White-Gluz is sexy and so fucking hot, but he dismisses misogyny as something 'for posers and Hip Hop wussies.'
- Christmas Cake: Gender-inverted for James in Solitude.
- Clothing Damage: C'ren's shirt faded and got ripped beyond repair over the years she has worn the same thing and never changed clothes. At some point, it would have been just destroyed enough to cover the important bits while still show a lot of flesh.
- Contemptible Cover: Lampshaded by James himself in his cover art for Alone, (later renamed Solitude) where he mentions that it looks like a porno film poster.
- Creator Cameo: James appears as himself in Chapter 39 of My Metal, as a successful, world-famous architect. And has sex with Ronnie Radke.
- Crossover: My Metal is this between My Immortal and Thirty Hs.
- Curves in All the Right Places: James often describes female characters in his works, especially in My Metal, as having an hourglass figure. Possibly because of Author Appeal.
- Darker and Edgier: Word of God states that although Solitude is written as a joke, its plot will be more serious than the rest of his works.
- Deadpan Snarker: Monica and James when MS Ting.
- Deconfirmed Bachelor: James in Solitude, most likely. This is the premise of the story.
- Department of Redundancy Department: Often played for laughs.
- Design Student's Orgasm: The site headers for his blog and the One Less Lonely Gurl rehost site. He made the banners by himself. His DeviantArt journal skins as well.
- Determinator: C'ren in One Less Lonely Gurl, Plankton in Planktons Eye View, and Ronnie in Solitude.
- Dramatic Ellipsis: Played Up to Eleven and Lampshaded in Gimme that Red Alert!
- Driven to Suicide: Plankton in Planktons Eye View and the narrator's younger sister in Complicated. Implied to be defied by the protagonist in ''Unbreakable.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: Rainblood, according to the comments. Funnily enough, James himself is starting to resemble him.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Plankton tells C'ren that she is going too far. Plankton also loses his desire to conquer the world in Plankton's Eye View. Also Rainblood, to some extent. He claims to have stepped on Converse-clad poser foot, worshipped Satan, and been fascinated with torture, but he does not condone misogyny, rape, Domestic Abuse, and incest.
- Exposed to the Elements: C'ren as seen in the artwork linked at Scenery Censor in this page. Despite her lack of clothing, she manages to survive the cold temperature. She is thus characterized as brave and determined.
- Fanservice: Word of God states that this is his reason for writing Solitude.
- Godiva Hair: Written example in My Metal.
She was crying tears of blood that dripped onto the gray, gravel floor, head down with disheveled, greasy hair that covered the nipples of her breasts.
- Heävy Mëtal Ümlaut: Mercilessly parodied in My Metal.
- Heel-Face Turn: James just loves this trope enough to make it the entire point of Plankton's Eye View.
- Hell-Bent for Leather: Rainblood loves to wear outfits made of leather.
- Intergenerational Friendship: In the MST of Naruto Veangance Revelaitons, James, 20, and Monica, 15, seem to be close friends despite their differences.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Rainblood. He often goes around bashing posers and acting like a stuck-up elitist, but he will do everything to protect those he loves and is an ardent feminist.
- Limited Wardrobe: C'ren in the 'real world' never changed her shirt since she was seven. She is now 35. The elements and time took their toll on the shirt, though.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Rainblood, and James jokes about metalhead hair in My Metal in this scene:
"Do I look like a green pig to you!?"
I shouted at it after the droppings fell on my panna cotta and tangled my otherwise silky, black hair that rivals those of shampoo models. The bustard then transformed into a cloud of smoke.
- Man, I Feel Like a Woman : Rainblood, when he took on Alissa White-Gluz's form using polyjuice potion.
- Manly Tears: Rainblood often sheds these.
- Medium Awareness: It is implied that Rainblood is aware that he is in a fanfic: more specifically, the worst fanfic ever.
- Metal Head: Rainblood.
- My Satan, What Have I Done?: Rainblood, when he realized that he just assaulted his girlfriend because she was wearing a Falling In Reverse shirt. Justified given that Rainblood takes the subject of domestic abuse very seriously.
- The Name Is Bond, James Bond: Ronnie Radke and Tom Riddle get introduced this way in Gimme That Red Alert! and My Metal, respectively. (In the former, another person, a hospital nurse, introduces Ronnie to Chris in this manner.) James also introduces himself to Ronnie in this manner in Solitude.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Rainblood. He has the complete set of Cannibal Corpse album artworks on top of his bed, thinks that Marquis de Sade and H. R. Giger are awesome, and can also name every torture and execution method.
- Not Distracted by the Sexy: Rainblood in Chapter 14 of My Metal, or at least he tried.
"...and I did my best not to be distracted by Chö's naked, perfect, hourglass figure tied up on a pole. I knew that I should do what should be done!"
- Number of the Beast: The font color of the text in his blogs in hexadecimal code is #666, as well as the colors on some elements of his journal skins.
- Old Shame: In-universe example in Solitude, where Ronnie considers his song Alone an old shame. (This made more sense when the story was still called Alone.)
- One Head Taller: In Alone, 6'1 Ronnie is this to 4'10 James. Also, in 360, 6' Aleksandr Saoirse to 4'10" Zachary.
- Parody: My Metal, a Heavy Metal elitist version of My Immortal featuring a Parody Stu named Rainblood Öystein Cross Vülture White as Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way. He also lampshades the nonsensical stuff in the original story, such as why Ebony wants to be related to Gerard Way.
- Please Put Some Clothes On: Rainblood summoned clothes for Cho Chang to wear after he saves her from Wormtail.
- Parody Stu: Rainblood. He also seems to be an exaggerated caricature of James. He shares at least 70 percent of James's personal beliefs, including Feminism, hatred of incest, loathing of Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey, fascination for torture, and love of female metalheads. He is also of Asian heritage. He is said to have artistic skills and mathematical prowess, both of which James has. Just like James, he is also androgynous and described to be short. Just about the only things they don't have in common are Rainblood's metal elitism and Satanism. James believes in Christianity and is a fan of both the 'poser' and 'true metal' bands mentioned in the fanfic.
- The Power of Rock: Rainblood attempts to seduce Tom Riddle (and introduce him to Heavy Metal as well) by playing "Fade to Black" by Metallica on a warlock guitar.
- Product Placement: Very blatantly used in My Metal, where Rainblood says that the octagonal room's walls are covered with Corna Kitchen and Bath Tiles. Fridge Brilliance ensues when the joke behind this is understood. Furthermore, the name of one of his alter-egos, Jïmblöød Røtringpën, is clearly a pun on the Rotring brand of drawing pens. And a more subtle one: My Metal itself is a line in the Dong-A brand of writing materials. Rainblood's real name is Lee Dong Hae. Also, Count Chocula shows up in the chapter where Chäntal and Tom were watching The Exercise.
- Purple Prose: Seen in Planktons Eye View occasionally and played for laughs here. Also in My Metal, whenever Rainblood describes Cho's perfect, tattooed body and his bedroom.
- Real Person Fic: My Metal, One Less Lonely Gurl, and Alone have musicians in them. Also, Alone is a Fan Fic of Real Life. He has also made two Avenged Sevenfold fanfics, Second Heartbeat in a Little Piece of Heaven and From Calvary to Eden. The latter is also a rough draft for 360.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: This against Sally-Anne Avery. It contains a Cluster F-Bomb after his Berserk Button has been hit badly by her. Also a rather foul-mouthed Take That against Double Standard: Abuse, Female on Male, Double Standard: Rape, Female on Male,and Double Standard: Rape, Female on Female. The part against Sally has now been subverted, however after she apologized to him, but he is still against the double standards that she implied in the statement that offended him, in which she said that only males can be rapists.
- Ripple-Effect-Proof Memory: Rainblood and Tom Rid, the owner of the Hot Topic store in the Alternate Timeline Rainblood created, who turns out to be Beatrice, the owner of the Cöuture Kvlt clothing store in the timeline before Rainblood travelled back in time. Beatrice then goes on and explains everything to Rainblood, and provides him with clothes.
- Running Gag: James often replaces don't with donut when referring to One Less Lonely Gurl. This all began with the very first author's notes of the same fanfic.
- Rouge Angles of Satin: Often played for laughs and done intentionally.
- Scenery Censor: Found in this NSFW artwork of C'ren. There is also an uncensored version. Again, NSFW.
- Scenery Porn: Another trope that James loves to use in his works, most likely because of Author Appeal. (He is an architecture student.) Lampshaded in Alone, Chapter 3.
After two hours' worth of sitting in my black Lamborghini, I finally got to the site. It was a huge land of rolling hills, with deciduous trees and flowering shrubs dotting it. The grass was a vibrant green with bluish undertones. From a distance, the blue silhouette of mountain ranges could be seen. It was indeed a picturesque piece of land, and I took five minutes to drink in the beautiful sights. Places like this would always remind me that there is a God. And I was certain that it would be a splendid idea to have a drug rehabilitation center built here, in a place that is very conducive to relaxation, revalidation, and restoration.
- Self-Deprecation: My Metal. He bashes some of his own favorite bands in said fanfic and makes fun of his own personality as well.
- Self Insert: Several.
- Rainblood. It's becoming more obvious that he is one as the chapters go by despite being a Spear Counterpart of Ebony. James's personality takes over in the later chapters of My Metal; so much so that the plot twists itself to his needs.
- Jamie Schmidt in Solitude
- Zachary Smithson in 360.
- Shaped Like Itself: The logo of the fictional Death Metal band Böats of Mithridates, My Metal's version of Bloody Gothic Rose 666, looks like a boat. Fridge Brilliance kicks in when you consider where James got the band's name.
- Shapeshifting Seducer: Ymmij in his future original work, Image.
- Shout-Out: His works often have shoutouts to My Immortal.
- Slash Fic: Several.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Rainblood and Plankton.
- Spear Counterpart: Rainblood is this to Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
- Spell My Name with an "S": Rainblood, and this is one of his Berserk Buttons. In-story, he gets addressed as Rainbird, xxLeexDongxHaexx, Willow, and Raven. The exception to the Berserk Button is when he is addressed as Chäntal, a name he chose for himself when he disguised himself as a woman.
- Stealth Parody: One Less Lonely Gurl is this. Word of God says that the fic is a Satire of Mary Sue as a product of one's dreams and insecurities.
- Streetwalker: C'ren is one.
- Stripperiffic: Several examples, both illustrated and written:
- C'ren's "reality outfit." Despite her ridiculously skimpy outfit that covers almost nothing (her breasts are completely exposed and her vulva can be partially seen below her pink miniskirt in the uncensored artwork), C'ren manages to survive the harsh Russian winters.
- And a male example for Rainblood in Chapter 10 of My Metal: His outfit for that chapter is a leather thong resembling the one on Accept's album art for Balls to the Wall and the ones that the guys of Manowar wear, which, of course, showed off his majestic member, a black studded leather vest that resembles what Rob Halford wears, and thigh-high leather boots for men. He also wears a similar outfit in another chapter.
- Several of his artworks depict women wearing skimpy outfits.
- Several of Chö Chang's outfits in My Metal also fit this trope. Well, every female character in My Metal anyway.
- Aleksandr's lingerie in 180, a rough draft for 360.
- Stylistic Suck: My Metal, One Less Lonely Gurl, and Gimme That Red Alert!
- Take That: Almost all his written works have at least one.
- Plankton's Eye View and My Metal both have these against Twilight.
- My Metal, against metal elitists, misogynists, Fifty Shades of Grey, and 100sean, a deviantArt user who has been sexually harassing others.
- The poem Rivalry against Sally-Anne Avery and in general, people who are forcing others to change into someone they are not comfortable being.
- Also, One Less Lonely Gurl against rock music and goff culture, although this one is a subversion in that it is a rather underhanded shoutout.
- And he also has an MST against Falling In Reverse's Ronnie Radke and the song Alone. Subverted later on, as James has already admitted to being a Falling In Reverse fan.
- Against Jake Tanner, as well, in his translation of the former's fanfic, Naruto Veangance Revelations, into intelligible English.
- Textual Celebrity Resemblance: Characters in My Metal are often compared to Real Life metalheads. Some notable ones are Herman Li, Alissa White-Gluz, and Angela Gossow.
- Theme Naming: Almost all My Metal characters are named after execution and torture methods. Also, Lee Dong Hae, My Metal, and Jïmblöød Røtringpën are all Puns on pen brands. (See Product Placement.)
- Too Spicy for Yog Sothoth: Seeing Snape and Lupin having sex disgusted Rainblood the Nightmare Fetishist.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Donuts for Monica, and raw steak for Rainblood.
- Troll Fic: One Less Lonely Gurl is one, and so is My Metal, although the latter is more of a parody. Word of God also mentions that Alone is this, but it is also a serious fanfic.
- Unusual Euphemism: A lot of these appear in My Metal, especially with regards to genitalia. Some examples would be "the beautiful scarlet orifice", "majestic member", "a ruby cavern nestled within a black forest." Always overlaps with Purple Prose, and averts the Ikea Erotica found in My Immortal. Furthermore, he refers to bodily fluids as 'ambrosia' or 'sweet womanly flavor.' Always Played for Laughs.
- Waxing Lyrical: Seen in One Less Lonely Gurl and My Metal.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Patrick, Larry, and a rare female example, C'ren.
- Whole Plot Reference: My Metal is this to My Immortal, but in the later chapters, My Metal subverts this by starting to have its own plot.
- Vapor Wear: C'ren, obviously.
- Villain Protagonist: Both his Spongebob Squarepants fanfics feature this.
- The X of Y: Or more precisely, The X Y of Xness. (Examples: the unholy tome of unholiness, the manly meme of manliness, the emo meme of emoness...)
- Your Make Up Is Running: C'ren's makeup is smeared in the artwork in this page's example for Scenery Censor. Also, his artwork of Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.
- Alpha Bitch: Monica was characterized as one.
- Alter Ego Acting: Type 3, with "The Monica Persona", as he puts it often.
- Artifact Title: His penname.
- Artists Are Not Architects: Literally averted. James is an architecture student.
- Asian and Nerdy: James is part-Filipino. He is a writer, an artist, an architecture student, and an amateur web designer. Don't mess with him, though.
- Badass Bookworm: James.
- Became Their Own Antithesis: James when he pretended to be Monica.
- Becoming the Mask: Inverted when James stated that Monica is now a Death Metal fan. In other words, Monica is slowly taking on James's personality.
- Berserk Button: Never, ever make it a point to insult him about his height or make seriously misogynistic remarks around him.
- Beware the Nice Ones: See this page's entries for Berserk Button, Wife-Basher Basher, and Pintsized Powerhouse.
- Brown Eyes: James's real eye color. This has nothing to do with the personality, or lack of, associated with the eye color. This is only here to serve as contrast to Monica's green eyes.
- The Cheerleader: Monica was one.
- Chick Magnet: There is a girl who told James that had there been more girls who shared her personality, he would be this. Also, when he uploaded a picture of himself on deviantArt, he received comments from girls saying that he looks cute or great.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Judging from his DeviantArt favorites, his artworks of scantily-dressed women, and his fetishes for Black Bra And Panties and female metalheads in contrast to his Feminism and his usually gentle demeanor, James can be considered this.
- Darker and Edgier: The Monica persona has already been reinvented to be a newly-converted rock and metal fan, although she is still a Justin Bieber fangirl. Word of God does say that she might forsake being a Belieber soon.
- Dark-Skinned Blonde: Monica, although her tan looks more like a sunburn.
- Disguised in Drag: James photoshopped a picture of himself in order to be disguised as Monica. This is so that he can investigate why Trolls troll, and thus, he became an internet troll himself.
- Driven to Suicide: Thankfully defied. Furthermore, he is also helping other people defy this trope as well.
- Dude Looks Like a Lady: James has said this about himself. One of his friends on DeviantArt also said that he does look like a girl. He attempted to defy this trope back then by trying to grow a beard, but seems to embrace this now by growing his hair longer.
- Dumb Blonde: Monica's characterization was this.
- Eerie Pale-Skinned Brunette: James.
- Fallen Princess: Monica is depicted as this now. This is seen in his MST of Naruto: Veangance Revelaitons. In the story of the MST, Monica has been cast away because she wrote One Less Lonely Gurl. All she really wanted was to chase her dreams of becoming a famous writer just like Stephenie Meyer. Because of this, she got kicked out of the cheering team, bullied, and dumped by her ex-boyfriend. She acknowledges this as her own fault, however, and accepts James's offer to beta-read the fanfic, which is possibly the fictional explanation of why it has The Remake now. In a span of one year, Monica has apparently matured quite a lot.
- Fanboy: Oh, so very much, towards Ronnie Radke. James admits to being gay for him.
- Gender-Blender Name: Monica Gilbey-Bieber is this, along with being a Non-Indicative Name for James.
- Glurge Addict: Monica is said to be this, although James, while being a Nightmare Fetishist, is also this. James has confirmed that he thinks kittens are adorable, and that he isn't afraid to use the word 'cute.' Also, his webcam image in deviantArt is that of a Persian cat.
- Green Eyes: Monica's eye color.
- G.I.R.L.: Monica's real name is James.
- Guyliner: James admits to wearing this.
- I Know Karate: James. He was able to beat up a bully bigger than him back in high school, and he uses this trope to threaten people who attempt to cross him.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Some of James's friends on deviantArt are under the age of 18. He is 22 years old.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: James plays dress-up, as he puts it, For the Lulz. Also, the color scheme of his blog is pink. His favorite colors are hot pink, neon green, and black. He also enjoys baking donuts in Photoshop. To top it all up, he is a feminist and is openly bisexual.
- I Read It for the Articles: James admits to reading Playboy for the articles.
- Keet: Small? Check. Cute? Check, but YMMV on that one. Colorful? Check. Hyperactive? Check! Regularly loud? AWWWWWWWW YEAH! He's also had a crossdressing escapade more than once. Yes, James IS the textbook example of this trope.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: James.
- Large Ham: All three of James's personas (himself, girly girl, metalhead elitist) are this.
- Living a Double Life: Monica and Jïmblöød Røtringpën
- Martial Pacifist: James.
- Mean Character, Nice Actor: Monica and James, respectively.
- Meaningful Name: Monica Gilbey Bieber is an alteration of the word moniker and the name Gilesbie. Bieber is self-explanatory.
- Men Use Violence, Women Use Communication: James mostly averts this by negotiating with the internet Trolls instead of fighting back. However, when forced to physically fight, he will do so.
- Metal Head: James. He's the open-minded variant of one. His alter-ego, Jïmblöød Røtringpën, is the elitist version of him.
- Metal Scream: Non-musical example. AWWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAH!
- Most Fanfic Writers Are Girls: Subverted. But then again, he is In Touch with His Feminine Side.
- Multicolored Hair: Monica has pink and green streaks in her hair. (She did remove them later on, though.)
- The Napoleon: James, but at least he is man enough to not lie about his height on the internet, acknowledge that he does have a Napoleon Complex, and do his best to 'accept what little God gave him.' (Not that meaning of 'little'.)
- Never Bareheaded: All pictures of him show him wearing his signature beanie, even when he is cross-dressed as Monica.
- Nice Guy: James, but it is important to know that he also very well embodies the trope Beware the Nice Ones.
- Nightmare Fetishist: Apparently, you can ask James about feminist theory, fanfiction writing, and ancient and medieval torture methods. Furthermore, one of the rules in his Drinking Game for his parody fic My Metal involves taking a shot for every torture or execution method mentioned in the fanfic. Despite his mostly gentle and cheerful personality, he was able to describe scaphism, a torturous method of execution, in vivid detail here and here. For some reason, he seems to be quite interested in this one specific execution method.
- Non-Indicative Name: Monica Gilbey Bieber actually likes goff stuff, Heavy Metal, and the color black. He is not a girl, his surname isn't Gilbey, and he is not a Belieber.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: James declares this as one of his reasons for trolling.
- Older Than They Look: James is 22 years old. He said so himself that he still gets mistaken for a 14-year-old scene kid because of his ridiculously short stature of 4'10, his feminine face, and his shoulder-length black hair.
- One of Us: He has confirmed that he is a TV Tropes fan, although he doesn't edit articles here.
- Peek-a-Bangs: James's hairstyle is this.
- The Perfectionist: James described himself as this. He tries to defy this trope now.
- Perky Goth: James, a male example.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: James is 4'10. He draws, writes, studies architecture, and designs his blog. Seems too nerdy? Well, back in high school, he was able to beat up a bully. It wasn't easy though. He also plays four sports: taekwondo, badminton, soccer, and eskrima.
- Real Men Wear Pink: James actually scored high on a manliness test. Then again...
- The Reveal: The last chapter of One Less Lonely Gurl is a major turning point in the life of "Monica Gilbey Bieber" as a persona. It is revealed in this chapter that Monica is actually a troll named Jimmy/James.
- Rousseau Was Right: James strongly believes in this. Heck, he even tried to pinpoint Jo Bel's redeeming traits. Also, most if not all of his stories and works are founded on this principle, and this would most likely explain why he likes to write about Villain Protagonists.
- Rule 63: Played with Here and here. Yeah, she does look like the real guy.
- Sir Swearsalot: James. He tends to be Sophisticated as Hell, but uses Cluster F-Bomb when his Berserk Button gets pressed.
- Smarter Than You Look: Monica is actually this. Despite James saying that he was Obfuscating Stupidity as the Monica persona, Monica actually did show some signs of intelligence when 'she' corrected the grammar of 'her' flamers and wrote the insane sci-fi stuff that an average Valley Girl would not think of writing about. Also, 'she' seems to also be aware that men can be victims of domestic violence, as seen in Chapter 5 of One Less Lonely Gurl. Also applicable for James, who looked like an Emo Teen, a type of person often stereotyped as being shallow and dumb.
- Sophisticated as Hell: Oh, so very much. It has become one of his signature writing styles.
- Teen Genius: James came across as this, at least until he turned 20.
- Tiny Guy, Huge Girl: 4'10" James and his 5'7" girlfriend, Joanna.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: James's Distaff Counterpart and Monica, respectively. It's in reverse order in the picture, though.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Yes, that's him.
- Wife-Basher Basher: James.
- Writers Cannot Do Math: Literally averted with James. He has tutored people in trigonometry and aced the subject as well.
- Would Hit a Girl: Justified here. Since he believes in gender equality, he thinks it is an underhanded insult to a girl to tell her that he will not hit her simply because she is a girl if she really deserves it. He is doing this for the reason of the good guy as said in the trope page.
- Yaoi Fangirl: James. He shipped Rainblood with Ignacïo/Harry at least once. Also, he ships Ronnie Radke with Chris Brown and himself, although the latter is a joke.
- Yuri Fan: James. He shipped Cho Chang with Erzëbeth/Hermione and Rainblood's Distaff Counterpart.