Characters: Ultimate Fantastic Four
The character sheet for the reinvention of Marvel's dysfunctional first family
The Fantastic Four
Reed Richards / Mr. Fanastic / The Maker
The one who designed the teleporter that gave the team their powers. An anti-social genius raised by an abusive father, Reed tries to do good, but there are occasional hints of a much darker personality underneath.
- Abusive Parents: His father was an utter dick to him. So it's no surprise that he was one of the first people Reed killed when he made his Face-Heel Turn.
- Adaptational Villainy: After Ultimatum, he turns against everyone, and essentially becomes the new Doctor Doom.
- Body Horror: His transformation removed most, if not all, of his organs.
- Child Prodigy: He built a teleporter when he was a child. It's how the Baxter Building found him.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Johnny burnt off half his face when he turned evil, though it does eventually begin to heal.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He means well... sort of, but there are moments where he's incredibly arrogant and bad tempered. Becomes a full on Jerk with a Heart of Jerk when he turns evil.
- Reality Warper: He managed to build a Cosmic Cube, giving him this level of power, for a time.
- Reed Richards Is Useless: And it pisses him off. He's unaccountably a genius, but having to work for S.H.I.E.L.D. chafes him, since he's built dozens of useful inventions that they won't let him use.
- Younger and Hipper: He's much younger than his mainstream counterpart, being in his early twenties / late teens when he gets his powers.
Dr. Susan Storm
- Deadpan Snarker: Frequently, especially when dealing with Johnny.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: She genuinely loves Reed, but his moodiness and sour temper turns her off from him. And then he genuinely turned evil, which destroyed any chance of a relationship between them, allowing her to start a relationship with the much nicer Ben.
Johnny Storm / The Human Torch
- Berserk Button: As dissimilar as he and Susan are, he's still protective of her.
- Brainless Beauty: Johnny's good-looking, but he never even managed to graduate from high school. It shows, repeatedly. He even seemed convinced he could get pregnant, somehow.
- Giver of Lame Names: He names a spaceship "The Awesome", much to Reed's irritation.
- Hero-Worshipper: In a change, he thinks Spider-Man is alright, and they get on surprisingly well.
- Playing with Fire: Duh.
- Small Name, Big Ego: Throughout his appearances in Ultimate Spider-Man, he claims the Fantastic Four were "The Beatles of Superheroics". This only gets confused stares from everyone else.
- Adaptational Angst Upgrade: Which given how miserable Ben regularly is with his mutation, is saying something. On more than one occasion, Ben has wondered about finding ways to kill himself.
- The Big Guy: The strongest and largest member of the team. He's also pretty big when he's human, too.
- Blessed with Suck: Sure, he's super-strong and durable, but he weighs a ton, meaning any furniture he sits on has to be reinforced. Not to mention he looks like he's made of rock, which makes going outside difficult.
- Status Quo Is God: Averted in that Ben does in fact manage to shake his rock-like form, and gain all-new powers. And then played straight when the rock-like form comes back.
The Baxter Building
- Adaptational Heroism: Compared to his mainstream counterpart. He's not got any interest in harassing Bruce Banner, for one thing.
- General Ripper: Sometimes, occasionally. He also quoted the Trope Namer after a near-death experience.
- Retired Badass: The former head of S.H.I.E.L.D., who was nearly killed by Weapon X in Ultimate X-Men.
Doctor Franklin Richards
Doctor Doom / Victor Von Damme
- Aristocrats Are Evil: Acts like an aristocrat, certainly, and has ancestry going back to Vlad the Impaler, which he can recite from memory.
- Big Bad: Averted, actually. Victor is the most dangerous enemy the team has, but he's not their greatest threat.
- Body Horror: That's not armor he's wearing. It's his skin. Not to mention his organs have liquefied, and his legs have turned goat-like.
- Foil: For Reed. Both of them are brilliant scientists working at the Baxter Building, but Victor is far more arrogant than Reed. Becomes more explicit when Reed turns evil.
- Jerkass: Very much so. It is Doctor Doom, after all.
Thanos of Archeron