Creator: Jessica Alba
Jessica Marie Alba, born April 28, 1981, started out playing in a few independent films, a few appearances on The Secret World of Alex Mack, and a couple of seasons of Flipper. Then she grew up and starred in Dark Angel. And then she played a stripper in Sin City, and Invisible Woman in Fantastic Four, and wore a bikini in Into The Blue. She has a personal code about never appearing nude. At least not completely.Over time it's come to light that she dislikes most of her CV. She thought Good Luck Chuck was borderline pornographic, The Killer Inside Me was gratuitously violent (she's stated she doesn't want her daughters to see it, and with good reason), and hated working on the Fantastic Four movies so much that she almost quit acting.Although she appeals a bit too much to males to have any chick flicks in the foreseeable future, Valentine's Day notwithstanding and she barely appears in this one (see also Scarlett Johansson and Megan Foxnote ), she has almost certainly won some female fans by not hiding how difficult it was for her to get back in shape after having her daughters Honor and Haven. She and their father Cash Warren married in 2008; in recent years she's devoted more time to motherhood than acting, starting a company called The Honest Company (specialising in non-toxic household goods) and authoring The Honest Life, a book about this lifestyle.She also tweets pretty often.Despite looking entirely different and both having been in Valentine's Day (although never in the same scene), is sometimes somehow confused with Jessica Biel.
Tropes associated with this actress:
- Bikini Bar: Alba's refusal to do nude scenes led to this when she was cast as a stripper in Sin City.
- Eternally Pearly-White Teeth: What a grin!
- Fake Nationality: As a Canadian in The Love Guru.
- Fanservice: Her personal code against nudity notwithstanding, directors can't seem to resist having at least one scantily-dressed/suggested-nude scene in any film she does, regardless of whether it makes sense or not. The Fantastic Four movies may be the most notorious in that regard — in the first, she initially has to strip to completely disappear (a limitation that was never present in the comics), while in the second, she has her clothes burned off after accidentally receiving the Human Torch's powers. Both scenes, of course are in public. One film in which she apparently was nude, The Sleeping Dictionary, in fact used body doubles.
- Ms. Fanservice
- One Woman Song: The German group Fourtypercent (with "Jessica Alba") and the English group Elliot Minor (with "Jessica").
- Playing Against Type: See The Killer Inside Me and Awake.
- But if you'd rather not see her get beaten to death or play a murderous gold-digger respectively in those films, there's the little-seen An Invisible Sign - a rare non-fanservicy role for her as a mousy, withdrawn math teacher. Alba also plays a cartoon villain in Escape From Planet Earth and a live-action one in Barely Lethal.
- Production Posse: Has now done five films with Robert Rodriguez.
- Spicy Latina: Averted - until Machete.
- Star-Making Role: Fantastic 4 and Sin City. Dark Angel also brought her to a lot of people's attention (especially the male variety).
- Wag the Director: Her aforementioned "No Nude Scenes" policy is the reason why her character is always clothed in Sin City.
Her Films Include:
- Idle Hands (1999)
- Never Been Kissed (1999)
- Paranoid (2000)
- Honey (2003)
- Sin City (2005)
- Fantastic Four (2005)
- Into The Blue (2005)
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (2007)
- Good Luck Chuck (2007)
- Awake (2007)
- The Love Guru (2008)
- Valentine's Day (2010)
- Machete (2010)
- Little Fockers (2010)
- Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World (2011)
- Machete Kills (2013) (uncredited cameo)
- Stretch (2014)
- Barely Lethal (2015)